2023 Accessible Map

StoneCircle

Just now, dingbat2 said:

I wonder how they can guarantee tickets then?

As I said, the relationship has softened. There's now some form of truce in place, and I assume that involves tickets, but it's not going to extend to significant land use. If you go back about 8-9 years the relationship on both sides was outright hostile with certainly no tickets being issued. Some of it resulted in legal action and likely can't be discussed on a public forum, but as one of the more minor and petty examples of what went on LF started issuing their own parking permits with their own routing information which went against and properly messed with the GFL traffic management plan.

33 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Blimey, thats incredible, thanks. To have a large field so close to the main area and be so sparsely occupied is incredible. It looks empty, there arent many cars there either, seems such a waste, green space everywhere. It looks to be bigger than Worthy View and closer to the main stages, they could have fitted 10000 tents in that space! Even if it wasnt pre-erected tents, they could have charged a couple of hundred quid to reserve your own camping spot and bring your own tent. Surely they would make more money that way, and relieve some of the pressure for camping sites within the perimeter

... I want to but that peace of land!

Lovefields charge significantly more than a couple of hundred quid to pitch your own tent. I believe it’s closer to £500.

a campervan pitch is the best part of £1000.

The yurts are well into the thousands of pounds for just a couple of people.

I don’t think they are doing too badly! 

Edited by stuwilky

16 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Lovefields charge significantly more than a couple of hundred quid to pitch your own tent. I believe it’s closer to £500.

a campervan pitch is the best part of £1000.

The yurts are well into the thousands of pounds for just a couple of people.

I don’t think they are doing too badly! 

Is that a first for this year then, I can't see anything that looks like a 'bring your own' tent in that photot? I am sure they make a nice sum from Glasto, but that's because where they are located, I am sure they could make a bucket load more if they filled that space a bit and charged a bit less than what they charge the posh punters. You could have a game of cricket in that space but still be a stones throw away from the Acoustic stage

4 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Is that a first for this year then, I can't see anything that looks like a 'bring your own' tent in that photot? I am sure they make a nice sum from Glasto, but that's because where they are located, I am sure they could make a bucket load more if they filled that space a bit and charged a bit less than what they charge the posh punters. You could have a game of cricket in that space but still be a stones throw away from the Acoustic stage

I’m sure it was there in 2019, it’s listed on the website as well.  It’s also limited to 2 people, with each extra person costing £100.

It’s also not a flat field, I’m not arguing the merits of their business plan, but having seen some of their fees I suspect they are absolutely coining. 

11 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

They call it PYO Pitch Your Own, here are the prices! 😱

Screenshot_20230608-202559.png

Screenshot_20230608-202548.png

Jesus is that just to basically get access to their showers and whatever else they get? Seems a lot of money when the festival offer free camping

10 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Jesus is that just to basically get access to their showers and whatever else they get? Seems a lot of money when the festival offer free camping

Some people have more money than sense! 😂

1 hour ago, incident said:

The landowner and the festival had a significant falling out about 10 years ago, and while I believe things have softened a bit in recent years the relationship between the two has been absolutely toxic at times. Unless/until those fields change hands, there's no likely scenario they're made available to GFL again.

Thats Big Lickle and Little Lickle isnt it?

Even as far back as 2011 I remember the landowner being quite hostile to Oxfam who used to occupy these fields. Used to rock up daily in his landy and berate the Oxfield managers for anything dropped at all and any ruts in the field from people / vehicles. Runs his own glamping op now I believe which is clearly the direction of travel he wanted to take the land in...

We've just got through our info regarding the Accessible Campsite. Does anyone know how far it is from PGA to the Accessible Campsite behind the John Peel stage? I know there's a shuttle bus, but I'm coming as my partner's companion, so would rather not take up prime bus space, seeing as I am able to get to the camp unaided. I normally come in PGC so am not familiar with travel times that side of the festival. Thank you! x

image.png.2b6d29c591301e7ee9c3c996468a934a.png

12 minutes ago, CMC0489 said:

We've just got through our info regarding the Accessible Campsite. Does anyone know how far it is from PGA to the Accessible Campsite behind the John Peel stage? I know there's a shuttle bus, but I'm coming as my partner's companion, so would rather not take up prime bus space, seeing as I am able to get to the camp unaided. I normally come in PGC so am not familiar with travel times that side of the festival. Thank you! x

Not long about 5-10 minutes. There shouldn’t be any problem with getting on the shuttle as they’re running constantly and there isn’t a wait for one normally. Things might be different this year. 

Either way it’s not a slog

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CMC0489 said:

It's approximately 1.2km 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tarw said:

Not long about 5-10 minutes. There shouldn’t be any problem with getting on the shuttle as they’re running constantly and there isn’t a wait for one normally. Things might be different this year. 

If arriving on any day other than Wednesday the shuttle bus service is not as frequent from the Accessible Arrivals Area as they are also running from Spring Ground to the various stops on site. 😀

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, StoneCircle said:

If arriving on any day other than Wednesday the shuttle bus service is not as frequent from the Accessible Arrivals Area as they are also running from Spring Ground to the various stops on site. 😀

Ah yes, thank you, I do remember. We did use the bus last year (saw some fascinating bits of the farm), we just weren't in the accessible campsite.

On 6/7/2023 at 8:19 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Interesting. Has there been the sensory calm spaces for some time? I can’t recall ever seeing a sign for them, there’s quite a few too.

…and never seen the bus stops either. 

There was definitely one last year - unfortunately it was by the longdrops on the run between Leftfield and West Holts, in one of the noisiest (and smelliest) parts of the festival...