Party after GnR?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Well I'd recommend Confidence Man DJ at Stonebridge 1am and The Egg at Glade 130am, but it doesn't work for @MEGATRONICMEATWAGONs timing.

Damn!  Just noticed that clash!

Yeah, I thought about Conman DJ set. Love them live, not heard much of them DJ. Just listening to them now at the Night Cat in Melbourne. Sound pretty decent and they're on for two hours so could easily nip up to see them, back down for VTSS, then back up for Barry Can't Swim. Not heard of the Egg, they're on my playlist next! Thanks for the suggestion!

50 minutes ago, BookAngel said:

I fancy the Copperdollar Collective at the Mez Yard, they are advertising 'performance shenanigans' from 1am to 3am but they'll be open playing music from 9pm. I was a big fan of Copperdollar when they had their own venue 😁 This isn't on the main line-up by the way, only in the Common area info under 'programming'.

I was trying to find out who this was but couldn't find anything concrete.

And, if it's not on the main line up, does this count as a secret set? 😆

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I was trying to find out who this was but couldn't find anything concrete.

And, if it's not on the main line up, does this count as a secret set? 😆

I'm certainly hoping it's something to do with this lot, who had their own venue in the Common for a few years. Their Back of Beyond show was excellent!

http://www.copperdollar.co.uk/

5 minutes ago, BookAngel said:

I'm certainly hoping it's something to do with this lot, who had their own venue in the Common for a few years. Their Back of Beyond show was excellent!

http://www.copperdollar.co.uk/

Is this one of those audience participation things? It looks great, but I once got chosen to do a beat for a beat boxer and humiliated myself in front of about 400 people 😅

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is this one of those audience participation things? It looks great, but I once got chosen to do a beat for a beat boxer and humiliated myself in front of about 400 people 😅

Hopefully that's unlikely 😁 If it's anything like the ones I remember there'll be some great music to dance to, and costumed dancers putting on mini performances and mingling with the crowd.

3 hours ago, worthyraver said:

I am in a similar situation except I will definitely by at The Bimble Inn for Showhawk Duo, I was just going to chance Confidence Man DJs whilst waiting for Barry Can't Swim, I like Confidence Man live so I am presuming this is no too much of a chance.

Also I can't see myself walking out of The Park (one of my favourite areas) then back in again at that time in the morning lol

Why aren't confidence man doing a proper set anywhere, reckon they could be a tba somewhere?

Such a shame so good live show

6 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Bodyguard singalong at Pilton palais is a bit of Brie 

That's where I'm going to be. It'll be great! 

5 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

They did say on twitter that they're not playing live, but who knows!?

The only thing that could maybe be holding them back is Splendour Festival in July but I don't know if I see the point of a DJ set if they were live. I often don't see the point in a DJ set of an act, hence why for my with Groove Armada for eg, if it's not live, I am only going to want to see then live still. The likes of Fatboy Slim is a dj set so and I cannot get him in any other way. The fact his TBA providing it is him is a headline set length assumes he'll play his classics which is all I actually want to hear. The Park itself is far from the most ideal stage to watch a band given it's sloping up amphitheatre style.