Bearded Theory 2024

54 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

What Nobody said is true, but I would suggest family camping, it's a fair size field and is not made up of all families.
Choose an area top left, furthest away from the arena and a lot less foot traffic.

I know people who always camp top left - they like their late nights

We always camp pretty close to the arena entrance, no issues with the Magic Teapot since they banned them playing bongos through the night. 

I think it's actually been quieter in the camping fields over the last few years (this will probably be the kiss of death to that) as there is more stuff going on later so less people just getting hammered by their tents and talking/shouting through the night.

I think Wednesday will probably have a lot of that though as there's not much going on.  

51 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Is anyone else feeling slightly panicked about packing?  I'm starting to think "what the hell do I take?".   This despite the fact that I've done this and other festivals a number of times and have a fully populated spreadsheet of items I took to previous festivals.  I think it's partly because I'm away this weekend so will be packing in full on Monday after work.  

And breathe, everything will be fine.

yep totally this, i done a list today while i was in a pointless meeting, every festival i go through same, never changes. will take too much stuff

im buzzing now, not sure why ive agreed to go Wednesday though, but i cant miss out.

Are many of ye going Wednesday on here?

17 minutes ago, Perks said:

We are. Talked a few mates into coming this year so wanted to get there early and get a good spot together. Plus, couldn't stomach the idea of being sat working knowing other people were already on the beer and watching music. 

Wonder if they will make the Wednesday a regular thing or a one off while they are doing the roadworks?

22 minutes ago, Perks said:

yep totally this, i done a list today while i was in a pointless meeting, every festival i go through same, never changes. will take too much stuff

im buzzing now, not sure why ive agreed to go Wednesday though, but i cant miss out.

I bought a Wednesday ticket only to realise afterwards that I've already got tickets for a comedy show on Wednesday night.  So will be coming early Thursday instead.

And as to taking too much stuff, at least with BT I can take a bag of "extra" stuff that stays in the car just in case I need it.  And just take the things I think I'll need to the tent.  I haven't ever been back to the car to get the extra bag.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Is anyone else feeling slightly panicked about packing?  I'm starting to think "what the hell do I take?".   This despite the fact that I've done this and other festivals a number of times and have a fully populated spreadsheet of items I took to previous festivals.  I think it's partly because I'm away this weekend so will be packing in full on Monday after work.  

And breathe, everything will be 

Scared to start packing as we normally struggle to get everything in the car, and this year got an extra days worth of clothes and beer to try and wedge in somewhere. 

3 hours ago, Perks said:

When it was announced I messaged my son to ask him if he wanted to go a day early. His response was "why wouldn't I want to be sitting in a field, drinking?". So that was that.

• Upvote 2

I'm a wednesday entrant.

Not bothered about packing, all my festival sh*t, tent and trolley are in the same section of the garage, by my wellies and waterproofs.

Thing to check before Tuesday is have I got enough gas for the stove.
Will buy booz and snacks from Tesco on the Tuesday as well.
I have  a really old festival list on my phone, have done for years.

after saying that, I always forget something but I'm camping with a load of friends, they will have a spare.

Main thing is grabbing a screen cap of my tickets on my phone in case there is no reception there.

Thanks for reminding me about the gas!  We definitely need it! 

I'm a Wednesday goer too, no where near ready, but we'll get there!  

Wednesday sounds like a great time to me. We'd have been well up for it but will be up in Sunderland seeing Bruce. It's probably good for my liver/head though. Really excited at getting a near full day on Thursday though and will try not to do my usual trick of too many post-camp setup pints and falling asleep at 8.

15 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

When it was announced I messaged my son to ask him if he wanted to go a day early. His response was "why wouldn't I want to be sitting in a field, drinking?". So that was that.

You've done good there!  Well parented!

• Upvote 2

Looks like a good few heading Wed then, cool. half of us are Wed, the others Thurs morning, your son is 100% right @Gnomicidecouldnt agree more, even though i was like i do not need one more day drinking... i know i do

If you see a tall bloke in an Oxfam tabard, probably wearing some kind of metal tshirt, and in shorts assuming its not sub zero conditions - come and say hello, it might be me! I'll be getting there wednesday, as soon as i can get up from the south coast 👍

Wednesday here, too. I've not been to a 5 night festival in years, and always loved the fact it starts to feel like a lifestyle by the Friday. Henge appearing on Wednesday night is the icing on the musical cake. 

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Does anyone remember the BT mudbath - was it 2016 or 2015?

Luckily I don't remember it as it was the only one I've missed since 2012. Hood timing.

5 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No photo description available.

Convoy Cabaret is up - and the indentations in the ground from the vehicles don't look too bad at all.

Keep the faith, the ground will dry - just want to avoid rain DURING the festival.

Thats what you think...

PXL_20240517_192659832.jpg

Edited by Paul ™