Who Are Your Headliners?

nikkic

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It'll be interesting to see how many are are QOTSA. 

They got a big crowd vs Beyoncé. It'll be considerably smaller vs Elton. 

In previous years someone has had a document showing how many were approx. at different stages at different times. I wondered how many were at TLC last year? I wasn't there but my mate said it was dangerous.

As I’ve said in other threads, I saw Elton John a few weeks back and it was not very good. Once people realise they can’t understand what he’s singing/ strange tempo to well known tunes I’m pretty sure a lot of people will go elsewhere. I’m going to look at the start of his set from the cider bus, if it’s like what I saw in Liverpool then I’m legging it to the other stage.

1 hour ago, Purple aki squat said:

As I’ve said in other threads, I saw Elton John a few weeks back and it was not very good. Once people realise they can’t understand what he’s singing/ strange tempo to well known tunes I’m pretty sure a lot of people will go elsewhere. I’m going to look at the start of his set from the cider bus, if it’s like what I saw in Liverpool then I’m legging it to the other stage.

Provided I'm not working, I think if Elton sounds poor I'll head back and get away early. Sunday is generally is a bad day for me.

Fever Ray cos I love them.

Lana Del Rey probably, cos I’ve never seen her. Not enough of a fan to see her at Hyde Park or an arena. Falls into the category of like em enough but probably wouldn’t go out of me way, so if I do see her it’ll be at a festival. Seen Guns N’ Roses before. Well, Axl, Buckethead and a load of randomers, got a few decent tracks but short of hearing em on the radio occasionally I never listen to em.

Leaning towards Elton John for the Sunday. Never actually listened to an album but I’ll probably know most the set. Not exactly a bucket list act, back in that wouldn’t go to their own gig but maybe see em at a festival category. Lad’s got a couple of duets off the top of me head, so think guests are more likely. If I hadn’t seen Queens of the Stoneage a few times, it’d be them.