What's your late night/ SE Corner involvement?

What's your late night/ SE Corner involvement?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What's your late night/ SE Corner involvement?

• It is my festival, in the SE every night until at least 4am, often sunrise.
    • I like to visit to get the vibe but don't stay long due to crowds or another reason.
    • I get my late night kicks elsewhere (please share).
    • I tend to be too knackered from the day's music and don't stay out much later than the day's headliner.
    • I make the effort only for specific acts I want to see.
    • I want see more of it this year but don't know where to start.
    • Not for me at all, too crowded, don't like the genres on offer, too many drug heads etc etc.

5 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

I know all about it I park up there.

You really shouldn't have put that on a public forum, the one-way system is in place for a very good reason.

The reason it was publicly available last year was due to lack of staff and lack of communication.

This year I fully intend to get security on there after dark as in previous years.

Edited by Skip997

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ditch the 'day bags' full stop. Don't need them.

Same for trolleys. 

And "the second trip back to the car". Spare me.

100% agree, but nothing worse than dancing behind someone who's day bag either bashes into you or keeps flinging mud off it onto you during a late night set whilst dancing.

Never taken a trolley.

Only thing I go back to the car for is more alcohol.

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No idea. The SE corner was kind of built on MDMA and weed in a lot of ways. MDMA especially for the first few years. Shiny happy people. Few cocktails.

Last 5 festivals or so theres a lot of people laying around the place after 2am barely conscious in K holes.

3868cae45318121f60b7ee010feb7ec685dc7b97

I'm pretty confident that there's really no scarcity of people on MDMA in the SEC, old chum.

Ben

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

100% agree, but nothing worse than dancing behind someone who's day bag either bashes into you or keeps flinging mud off it onto you during a late night set whilst dancing.

Never taken a trolley.

Only thing I go back to the car for is more alcohol.

Still baffled as to what people need a fairly big bag for when they leave their tent at 10 or 11am and go back at 6pm for the "night stuff". 

Its astonishing. 

43 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ditch the 'day bags' full stop. Don't need them.

Same for trolleys. 

And "the second trip back to the car". Spare me.

Taking a trolly the first time this year as my shoulder is buggered so can't carry a heavy rucksack in. Intrigued to hear about how I don't need it?

12 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Taking a trolly the first time this year as my shoulder is buggered so can't carry a heavy rucksack in. Intrigued to hear about how I don't need it?

and where i keep my meds, and a few cans of (cold )  cider for my walkabouts that make things a little cheaper for me . 

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Still baffled as to what people need a fairly big bag for when they leave their tent at 10 or 11am and go back at 6pm for the "night stuff". 

Its astonishing. 

It’s probably those in the campervan fields / B&W or outside the fence tents/accommodation that can’t be bothered to go back. We couldn’t be bothered to go back to Sticklinch during the day so just took a small bag but people can use the lock ups if they have a big bag 

2 hours ago, Nerraw2525 said:

Those years were amazing. Like something out of Bladerunner, was an incredible immersive experience and you weren't there to see anyone play. Just wandering around discovering weird things. 

I found that tattoo club on the Friday night. It was nuts! Tried to bring friends to it the following night and couldn't find it in the maze of doors and tunnels. Did manage to find a bar dedicated to Bono behind a secret sliding door instead. Whole area was immense. 

Snake Pit. Tremendous place.

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

says the man with an onsite camper van and a shed load more storage than most of us 

As ever the self appointed Glastonbury police who want to tell others how they should be doing the festival don't realise that they're more out of touch with the spirit of the festival than anyone else on site.

7 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

As ever the self appointed Glastonbury police who want to tell others how they should be doing the festival don't realise that they're more out of touch with the spirit of the festival than anyone else on site.

True

I've absolutely no idea what "the spirit of the festival" is anymore.

This is not sarcasm

Edited by Skip997

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Yeah we have had this convo about bags before - turns out that some of us don't have the same needs as others. Who would have thought it hey?