Strummerville 2023 line-up

churlie100

34 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

If anyone's earned a big crowd after last year's performance, it's this geezer:

https://youtu.be/w7fZbWmjJjY

Totally agree. Was at his early Other Stage set last year, and thought he was fantastic. Will definitely be trying to catch him in Strummerville clashes permitting. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Top tip if you go to Strummerville last thing before bed.  Don't leave your phone behind and then realise when you've schlepped across site to your tent in Big Ground, go all the way back across site, and still fail to recover it.

You're welcome.

My legs are aching just reading that.

11 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Everyone’s going on about how rammed Maisie Peters will be. But Lottery Winners - #1 album. And on a Thursday. 

Yup. Can see this set and the one at the Rabbit Hole being daft busy.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

How big is Strummerville?

Not been since it changed location

Not big. Stage is tiny and has trees both sides. I’d say it would struggle with any more than a few hundred.

57 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yup. Can see this set and the one at the Rabbit Hole being daft busy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do Greenpeace stage and Radio 1 introducing too. They are happy to play anywhere! 😀

4 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Not big. Stage is tiny and has trees both sides. I’d say it would struggle with any more than a few hundred.

Frank Turner up there in 2019 on the Thursday was crazy with the whole place rammed. There were as many people lock outside as got in. I could see all this as I was stood at the bar entrance with a beer watching it all unfold waiting for Snapped Ankles who were next; I only nipped out for a pee and couldn't get back in.  Also this was the only place I could find any mud in 2019; wrecked my trainers in the Snapped Ankles mosh.

19 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I'm obsessed with him - his performance on the Other stage last year was very different to that track, but equally brilliant. He's the perfect loveable cockney villain for keeping Strummerville entertained.

His single DOOLALLY is great too, really hope his set on Thurs is not totally rammed, but it probably will be. Seems Strummerville only needs a few hundred ppl there to get busy...

53 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

His single DOOLALLY is great too, really hope his set on Thurs is not totally rammed, but it probably will be. Seems Strummerville only needs a few hundred ppl there to get busy...

Yep, with 'Telephones For Eyes' having been massively promoted on BBC 6 Music, and his set being on a Thursday after Lottery Winners, I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to be a smaller scale version of Wet Leg at The Park last year, ie way too crowded for me.  I only tend to go to Strummerville when the main stages are running when it becomes a bit of a haven.  Pleased for him though - he deserves a load of attention and is one of the few performers out there who's a real natural at audience interaction.

(Edit: ignore what I said above about him being on after The Lottery Winners!  I don't have any insider knowledge - just reading the line-up poster a bit too literally.)

Edited by Mark E. Spliff