The Glade lineup - 2023

ghostdancer1

31 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I've read this a few times now. Is it really that bad? Just worried about sound bleed affecting the Other Stage?

It was terrible last year. I really hope they’ve got it sorted. If you were outside the Glade tent, or towards the Glade dome (old glade) side then you couldn’t enjoy it.

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

No worries! I'm not sure how accurate it is, but bandsintown.com have him down for playing the Sunday 25th... Could be up against, or after Elton, potentially...

image.png.d2fdb2eac2ed16de9c5c46c1f5060250.png

Argh yeah I think that is accurate as the Creamfields South date is correct too. So looking like Sunday - not the best day that.

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

No worries! I'm not sure how accurate it is, but bandsintown.com have him down for playing the Sunday 25th... Could be up against, or after Elton, potentially...

image.png.d2fdb2eac2ed16de9c5c46c1f5060250.png

Hmph.  That's a potential pain

20 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Damn. Gonna have to hope he's either before Elton or after. Would really like to see him!

He isnt clashing directly with Elton. That's manta on the cosmos. He isnt diectly after either as thats TEED (they said they are DJ'ing at midnight via twitter)

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

He isnt clashing directly with Elton. That's manta on the cosmos. He isnt diectly after either as thats TEED (they said they are DJ'ing at midnight via twitter)

The thing is I was checking the Clashfinder from 2022 and trying to work out set times and gaps between. They're often just over an hour with only a 15 minute break. So MotC and Kolsch could both play in the same slot as EJ, esp as EJ might be playing for at least 2 hours. Mollie Collins and Andy C both played in the time that Macca was on, and there were still acts on after that too - which I'm guessing is TEED in this case.

EDIT - I'm only using the Macca example on the Sat because I feel like EJ is going to be that long onstage. Kendrick was a bit shorter 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Elton is playing for what 2, 2.5 hours. Manta will be max 1 hour - they havent actually got any songs have they? Glade finished at 1.30on Sunday last year. I reckon no chance for Kolsch and Elton unless he is really Kolsch is at like 7pm unfortuntely.

11 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

Elton is playing for what 2, 2.5 hours. Manta will be max 1 hour - they havent actually got any songs have they? Glade finished at 1.30on Sunday last year. I reckon no chance for Kolsch and Elton unless he is really Kolsch is at like 7pm unfortuntely.

Yeah, that's my take too. 

17 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I've read this a few times now. Is it really that bad? Just worried about sound bleed affecting the Other Stage?

I’d imagine it’s more sound bleed with glade Dome. A lot of the issues people mentioned where when it was rammed and you couldn’t get inside the tent area of the glade. If you can then the sound was good I believe. But if stuck outside there are no back speakers so pointless 

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Holy Youth Movement, I hadn't heard of them - but quite like them. Very Primal  Scream xtrmntr era. Nowt groundbreaking, but I like it. On in the Glade dome. I might pop along clashes permitting

I'll 100% be there. Saw them support Primal Scream on the greatest hits tour a few years ago. Thought exactly the same as you, definitely XTRMNTR-era Scream plus a little first album Kasabian 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Holy Youth Movement, I hadn't heard of them - but quite like them. Very Primal  Scream xtrmntr era. Nowt groundbreaking, but I like it. On in the Glade dome. I might pop along clashes permitting

I really like this , thanks. Definitely added to my list 👍