Trolley Spares and Repair

HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

Got a trusty old festival trolley that has done me loads of Glasto's but now needs a bit of TLC.

The front axle broke at Glasto last year and has splayed out.  Managed to get it through the festival and home again with a bit of magic and the kindness of strangers.

All else on the trolley being good, I'd rather repair and re-use than buy new.

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells spare parts for these kind of trolleys?

Picture 3 of 3s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I'm surprised someone hasn't set up a repair workshop in the craft field for trolleys. Would be quite a busy stand based on the amount of failed trolleys that clog up the site. 

There's a guy who does bike repairs in the craft field, he could probably sort out some of the trolleys.

Mind you he's a bit grumpy and very 'old school', he may be anti trolley.

2 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

Without being able to see the break or what the axel looks like, its hard to say, but... is it weldable? when my bike trailer broke I took it to a local guy who could weld and they fixed it for like £20

I don't think it's weldable.  You can see the breaks and the bodged repairs.  Iron bar brace and some cable ties.  Got through the rest of the fest with this dragging a 6 month old and all our stuff.

IMG_20230522_133318_HDR.jpg

26 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

I have bought a number of wheels for these from bay.  The wheel bearings broke on mine due to the weight/stress it was under.  Worth a look there.

Yeah had to change loads of wheels in the past and now always take at least one spare with me!  Swapped the pneumatic wheels for solid rubber - much more reliable.

I just managed to find a spare axle assembly in the depths of ebay.  It's for a similar but different trolley.  Bit of a gamble but I'll give it a try...

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea that's the fellow

Always stays in Dragon Field, he's a good laugh.

Yep, top bloke known him for decades. 

Whenever we were parked up in West Wale we used to go to his and Kaz's insane parties at their cottage In Llanddewi Brefi. 

Thay used to run the illegal but tolerated spirits bar/venue called The Kazbar at the entrance to the field below Greenpeace. Last there in'95. It used to be crust central. 

Joe Strummer famously went in one night and played Rock The Kazbar with an acoustic guitar. 

Sadly Kaz died a couple of years ago.  Massive funeral. 

2 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Yep, top bloke known him for decades. 

Whenever we were parked up in West Wale we used to go to his and Kaz's insane parties at their cottage In Llanddewi Brefi. 

Thay used to run the illegal but tolerated spirits bar/venue called The Kazbar at the entrance to the field below Greenpeace. Last there in'95. It used to be crust central. 

Joe Strummer famously went in one night and played Rock The Kazbar with an acoustic guitar. 

Sadly Kaz died a couple of years ago.  Massive funeral. 

I knew Kaz, I used to frequent The Kazbar both at Glastonbury and elsewhere. Went to plenty of parties in West Wales at the time.

Wasn't aware that she had died. Great shame.

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I knew Kaz, I used to frequent The Kazbar both at Glastonbury and elsewhere. Went to plenty of parties in West Wales at the time.

Wasn't aware that she had died. Great shame.

He funeral was massive, so many people there from a huge array of different tribes and sectors of society. Countless musicians from all the bands that she booked and became friends with over the years. It was a real moment when everyone in the crematorium sang this to the obvious tune

IMG_20230522_191404.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I don't think it's weldable.  You can see the breaks and the bodged repairs.  Iron bar brace and some cable ties.  Got through the rest of the fest with this dragging a 6 month old and all our stuff.

IMG_20230522_133318_HDR.jpg

I'm no trolly Mechanic but that looks Donald Ducked. I hope you can fix and reuse though. I upgraded my wheels to what you have on that. Solid wheels FTW