Site Map 2023

Dukeicon

I reckon there's a chance that they've mucked up at least some parts of the map?  Pylon Ground looks a bit odd to me - they don't normally show the water/toilet symbols in staff-only areas unless there is public access to them (e.g. the one in Cockmill that appears to be in a staff area on the map but is actually on the walkway).  So Pylon may or may not be staff camping (hopefully not all), but I reckon they'll have a walkway through at the very worst - otherwise as people have pointed out it's a proper ball-ache for everyone arriving by coach.  If it is just a walkway, two toilet/water spots on that section of path would also seem like overkill.

Anyone checked to see whether there seems to be any toilet/water changes in general?  (wasn't there but sounded like these were lacking in some places last year) [edit: just had a quick look at the 22v23 map gif and none of these seem to be jumping about the place - is that odd in itself?  I know they try to have more permanent bases for that type of infrastructure but I assume at least some of it shifts from year to year, so that may be for a later map version too]

Cut throughs at Row & Kidney Meads might help traffic flow, I'm not really convinced - the Row Mead one might be helpful for vehicle traffic at busy times more than pedestrian traffic.  Not sure many people want to walk even further up the hill except when it's really, really busy and they maybe don't want to be in the pyramid field in the first place (e.g. just trying to get from Accoustic to FKA).  Larger issue was getting through the gap in the hedge where the path goes through to Hawkwell - maybe that's been widened in recent years?

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but looks like they've reinstated the path North of the Arcadia field - allowing access at Park Home Ground - which sounded like it caused at least some of the bottleneck issues last year?

Edited by p.pete

Was busy last night so only had chance to glance at this today.  No real revelations I suppose, all changes had been expected apart from the change to general/crew camping in the West.  I always thought that having Pylon or somewhere close to Gate A as exclusively for coach travellers would be a further incentive (I guess segregating and policing something like that isn't very Glasto is it?) so giving a lot of this over to crew seems a retrograde step.

20 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Was busy last night so only had chance to glance at this today.  No real revelations I suppose, all changes had been expected apart from the change to general/crew camping in the West.  I always thought that having Pylon or somewhere close to Gate A as exclusively for coach travellers would be a further incentive (I guess segregating and policing something like that isn't very Glasto is it?) so giving a lot of this over to crew seems a retrograde step.

they kind of havent needed to ... darble has always seemed to have space for later arrivals anyway 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they kind of havent needed to ... darble has always seemed to have space for later arrivals anyway 

I've camped in Darble 3 times, it's always been nice and quiet and easy to find space if a little far from the action. 

Bit concerned if all of Pylon is now staff it'll be more difficult in Darble.

6 minutes ago, svphie said:

why don't they ever add the co-op on there? also really can't remember where it was last time

I thought this - its basically at the bottom left of Oxylers, slightly above and to the left of that lockup icon (I think)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

I've camped in Darble 3 times, it's always been nice and quiet and easy to find space if a little far from the action. 

Bit concerned if all of Pylon is now staff it'll be more difficult in Darble.

How long is the walk to Darble from the SE corner? I camped in Bushy ground last year, loads of space, but with no easy route to it from gate A and more crew camping near there it seems less attractive. 

Can anyone work out if there’s less net public camping space than before?

We’ve camped in that small wedge behind the park/next to Arcadia for the last decade or so and that’s now sadly gone to Arcadia production camping so we think we will probably give Paines ground a go this year. 

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Can anyone work out if there’s less net public camping space than before?

We’ve camped in that small wedge behind the park/next to Arcadia for the last decade or so and that’s now sadly gone to Arcadia production camping so we think we will probably give Paines ground a go this year. 

Seems fairly neutral overall - difficult to figure out and my trust that it won't change a bit more is low.  

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Seems fairly neutral overall - difficult to figure out and my trust that it won't change a bit more is low.  

Hmmm. Hope so!

Also won’t the cut through Pylon ground that’s now gone cause a bit of an arrival bottle neck by the cyclists camping area for everyone heading further into the festival? 

when I’ve come in on a coach I’ve always gone straight down through Pylon…as have many others!

IMG_5118.png

19 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

How long is the walk to Darble from the SE corner? I camped in Bushy ground last year, loads of space, but with no easy route to it from gate A and more crew camping near there it seems less attractive. 

Solid 45 mins to an hour depending on traffic. Usually camp in Darble and SE corner is quite the trek back. 

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Hmmm. Hope so!

Also won’t the cut through Pylon ground that’s now gone cause a bit of an arrival bottle neck by the cyclists camping area for everyone heading further into the festival? 

when I’ve come in on a coach I’ve always gone straight down through Pylon…as have many others!

IMG_5118.png

I reckon they have unfinished business with that part of the map - either those toilet/water points won't exist; a path will still be there that allows access to them (fencing left & right); or it's not actually all crew camping.  I guess the last option is best!

50 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Well it's about 5 mins extra from darble to bushy ground from what I remember - but not sure that route is even open through Pylon now?

49 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I reckon they have unfinished business with that part of the map - either those toilet/water points won't exist; a path will still be there that allows access to them (fencing left & right); or it's not actually all crew camping.  I guess the last option is best!

Hopefully access (fencing either side) is still there otherwise that will be carnage on the Weds morning.

4 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Well it's about 5 mins extra from darble to bushy ground from what I remember - but not sure that route is even open through Pylon now?

I used to walk back through Silver Hayes, so from there it probably is about 5 minutes difference.