The Common 2023

stuie

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I think the strength of SH shows an attempt to split the night time traffic somewhat. 

Feels like there's a wee risk of them doing too good a job there. But still Block 9 and Shangri La to come which both have some big venues. 

Speaking of Temple, the queues seems impossible last year. I don't think I manged to get in to see even one of the things I had wanted to... With queue remaining right up until 5am. I'm sure 2019 was much easier. Am I misremembering? 

Edited by Sasperella2

7 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Feels like there's a wee risk of them doing too good a job there. But still Block 9 and Shangri La to come which both have some big venues. 

Speaking of Temple, the queues seems impossible last year. I don't think I manged to get in to see even one of the things I had wanted to... With queue remaining right up until 5am. I'm sure 2019 was much easier. Am I misremembering? 

We snuck straight in on Saturday, but had the advantage of being close after Roisin Murphy.

31 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

It does get busy. But I had no problem on the Friday. Power walked from The Park after Fourtet and went straight in. Inside it was never too full, lots of space on the upper tiers. 

23 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Any proper genuine old school jungle/DnB in that line up?

Try hedex mate

23 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

Do we think there is any chance of a Four Tet/Fred Again.../Skrillex B2B in there?

saturday arcadia is happening. no chance on any other late night stage due to size imo, not all 3 anyway

---

Feels pretty bog standard this common lineup - not really one for me as its mostly DNB anyway

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is the Common mostly techno and DnB? Is that differentiates itself from SH? I've been to the SEC plenty of times and never really considered the genres, just danced to whatever was on at the time.

Its mostly dnb, theres hardly any techno

SH is mostly techno /house with a little dnb chucked in

Block9 is fully techno

can't remember for shangri la, bit of a mix

The thing that differentiates them is location/stages more than anything imo for some of the dance areas

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its mostly dnb, theres hardly any techno

SH is mostly techno /house with a little dnb chucked in

Block9 is fully techno

can't remember for shangri la, bit of a mix

The thing that differentiates them is location/stages more than anything imo for some of the dance areas

Block 9 has scarce little techno tbh

On 5/5/2023 at 4:56 PM, stuie said:

I wonder what happened to London Underground? Maybe they threw the set away but if not, could it be repurposed? Maybe as an outside stage like our beloved Genosys.

Another beautifully crafted facade. I don't know who the artists were but I remember seeing some wonderful roots reggae in the Underground before the short trip across the field to see out the festival with Felix Dickinson on Genosys. Some time in the early '10s, IIRC. Maybe 2013, cos I recall sacking off all of the Sunday headliners that year.

Loved how dingy it was in the LU.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Another beautifully crafted facade. I don't know who the artists were but I remember seeing some wonderful roots reggae in the Underground before the short trip across the field to see out the festival with Felix Dickinson on Genosys. Some time in the early '10s, IIRC. Maybe 2013, cos I recall sacking off all of the Sunday headliners that year.

Loved how dingy it was in the LU.

I loved the old block 9 best of all. With the queens roasting you from the upstairs bedroom as you came to the entrance

• 2 weeks later...