The Common 2023

stuie

23 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

In my experience "new" jungle ain't jungle at all.

I love what I've heard by Nia Archives. There's a couple of others on in SH I'm interested in as well.

I know what you mean. Run In The Jungle should be sued for false advertisement

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just did a rough count.

54 acts on the Common poster this year.

Around 85 listed acts for the four named Common venues in 2022.

Discuss!

Ben

Feels like the influence in terms of budget may have shifted to Team Love, responsible for Silver Hayes. I'd be interested to see how Arcadia, Block 9 and San Remo are lined up. Don't get me wrong, there's still some big hitters announced so far but maybe 2023 is the year that we stumble across a lesser known act/artist on their way up to better things. 

Still think it's very light for the techno heads. What is it, are DnB DJs cheaper or something?! 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Feels like the influence in terms of budget may have shifted to Team Love, responsible for Silver Hayes. I'd be interested to see how Arcadia, Block 9 and San Remo are lined up. Don't get me wrong, there's still some big hitters announced so far but maybe 2023 is the year that we stumble across a lesser known act/artist on their way up to better things. 

Still think it's very light for the techno heads. What is it, are DnB DJs cheaper or something?! 

They are.

As they should be.*

Ben

* JOKE!!!

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's not atypical for what we've had so far. In fact, SH has thrown up more for the techno heads than usual...to the point that I can easily see myself there until 0300h on the Saturday night.

It was always gonna be Block9 (and I guess maybe Arcadia, a bit...) for the Chosen People.

Ben

• Like 1

The imbalance could just be an attempt to draw people away from the SEC to Silver Hayes, which in the interest of congestion and crowd movements, would be a good thing. People have been asking for that for years.

Might as well do it now under the guise of budget cuts, good a time as any.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The imbalance could just be an attempt to draw people away from the SEC to Silver Hayes, which in the interest of congestion and crowd movements, would be a good thing. People have been asking for that for years.

Looks like it may work in my case. I could do with mixing things up a bit anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I posted previously id heard about changes to the common  layout ... loss of a venue would certainly be in line with that 

Acknowledging the slight preponderance of 'negativity' over the last day or so, and so not getting into that...

...I guess my one 'worry' is that loss of venue(s) increases demand at remaining venues. I think the push to increase the attraction of the LSTD-curated SH will, hopefully, have a bog effect. But, losing a venue in the Common will not help the clamour to get into the Temple. 

Obviously, the issue on everyone's mind is...what is happening with the Genosys venue/project???!!!

Ben

Have people seen the other pages on the common area lineup? 

The temple, rum shack and the Mez Yard (replacing totem from last year I guess) What was the 4th venue in 22?

Mez Yard

The Copperdollar Collective return with “The Spirits of Mezcal” for the second year running.

Join them in the Mez Yard for a night of Mayhem.

Drink the sacred fire water and gaze through the spiralling aftermath to witness, a multi-sensory mash up of eclectic party tunes, kaleidoscopic visuals and striking dance played out by the mischievous spirits of the Mezca

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/temple-talks-2/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/wisdom-keepers/

Edited by Leyrulion
  • Like 1

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Obviously, the issue on everyone's mind is...what is happening with the Genosys venue/project???!!!

Ben

If they resurrect Genosys, all is forgiven. I don't hold out much hope though, sadly. The replacement bus is probably now an Ice Cream Van. 

That said, I did see that "Mr Whompy" was up for sale...

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Acknowledging the slight preponderance of 'negativity' over the last day or so, and so not getting into that...

...I guess my one 'worry' is that loss of venue(s) increases demand at remaining venues. I think the push to increase the attraction of the LSTD-curated SH will, hopefully, have a bog effect. But, losing a venue in the Common will not help the clamour to get into the Temple. 

Ben

when I went to the farm a month or so ago GEnosys was looking very sad im afraid .... hopefully they will resurrect or put something better in its place ... im not sure that itll be returning tbh .... photo April 14th 

IMG_5631 3.jpeg

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

when I went to the farm a month or so ago GEnosys was looking very sad im afraid .... hopefully they will resurrect or put something better in its place ... im not sure that itll be returning tbh .... photo April 14th 

IMG_5631 3.jpeg

Yeah, I saw that.

I've not been sleeping well since.

Ben

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

IMG_5631 3.jpeg

You'd hope if the steel frame is intact it won't take much to bring it back to life, but it doesn't look like it's stored in a way to keep it preserved!

56 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Fred Again/Skrillex much more likely than Fatboy Slim/Annie MAC

I imagine Annie MAC would be somewhere on the Glade and Fatboy Slim somewhere in Shangri-La

Just my opinion, don't know 🤷🏼‍♀️

Although a Fred Again/Skrillex b2b would be massive so would definitely be best to keep it somewhat secret

FBS has said he’s playing The Temple. 

36 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The one I was hoping for is a lesser known name from Bristol, DJ Dazee. I saw her before Andy C a couple of years back. She blew him away.

She's doing a free show next weekend, 10 mins walk from me. Might pop along to it...