Ticket refund

Willy-wam-wam-wozzle

Morning all,

Yesterday our childcare has fell through so one of us won’t be able to go to the festival. Luckily we can get get a refund.

Has anyone done this before? I’ve just had a look on the Glastonbury website, which directs you to the see tickets customer service page. The only option I can see is to contact them via a form with a subject of ‘refund info’, I’m a bit worried they’ll fuck something up and cancel the other rather than one ticket?

Is there anyone who’s been through the same and can offer advice?

cheers!

Got a refund on a East general campervan ticket as I managed to bag one for the quiet field. You're back and forth with an actual human during the process. Had to confirm the exact booking reference a couple of times with them so its fool proof really.

52 minutes ago, Cleetus said:

Got a refund on a East general campervan ticket as I managed to bag one for the quiet field. You're back and forth with an actual human during the process. Had to confirm the exact booking reference a couple of times with them so its fool proof really.

Okay that makes sense, thanks for the reply.

We ‘might’ have a workaround and still be able to both go, just not for the full fest. Fingers crossed!!

Just now, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

We ‘might’ have a workaround and still be able to both go, just not for the full fest. Fingers crossed!!

Forgive me for my non-parent ignorance, is it just impossible to find other childcare 6+ weeks out? 

Just now, BenG92 said:

Forgive me for my non-parent ignorance, is it just impossible to find other childcare 6+ weeks out? 

It’s not easy for us, obviously everyone’s situation is different, to find childcare for more than a few hours.

So trying to find someone to look after a 20 month old toddler for the best part of a week is next to impossible.

Both of us have moved away from where we grew up so family is a bit of a logistical nightmare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dirtysteve said:

Take the kids to the festival, it’s awesome. 

No thank you!

Have taken her to a couple of smaller festivals and loved that, but Glasto it too big and there’s too much I want to do / see to be trying to cart a toddler about, it takes half hour to walk to our local coffee shop that’s an 8 minute walk away haha

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

No thank you!

Have taken her to a couple of smaller festivals and loved that, but Glasto it too big and there’s too much I want to do / see to be trying to cart a toddler about, it takes half hour to walk to our local coffee shop that’s an 8 minute walk away haha

had many friends with us that have taken small kids, they have all loved the festival for many different reasons

55 minutes ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

Don't hang about, midnight tonight is the deadline.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

It’s not easy for us, obviously everyone’s situation is different, to find childcare for more than a few hours.

So trying to find someone to look after a 20 month old toddler for the best part of a week is next to impossible.

Both of us have moved away from where we grew up so family is a bit of a logistical nightmare.

I feel your pain - we don't live near family and it's very, very tricky for both of us to go somewhere together for more than a few hours without the kids. Currently trying to negotiate a double sleepover with friends so we can do a 1-day trip to Download 👀

Luckily my OH 'retired' from Glastonbury after 2013 so I still get to have my fun 💃🎉 *

*ticket gods allowing, of course

3 hours ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

Crisis (semi)averted, we’ve got someone to look after her for a couple of days, just means my mrs can only come Saturday and Sunday though 😞 

Lol at this post in case your missus sees it. When you heard that news and you got the green card to go the whole thing...I bet you were simply DEVASTATED 🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Any idea how long it should take to receive a refund from See Tickets, I request a WV refund about 3 weeks ago and it hasn't come through yet

I was refunded within 24 hours for a van ticket. You better chase that up.

3 hours ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Any idea how long it should take to receive a refund from See Tickets, I request a WV refund about 3 weeks ago and it hasn't come through yet

Drop an email to glastonbury@seetickets.com 😀