2023 See Tickets Coach Times and Departure Points...

gooner1990

aww 3pm from Reading 😞 (weds at least) we don't really have anyone to save spaces for us and we're 4 tents. I haven't been with a ticket before so not sure where we'll end up camping but probably not paines like I wanted.

Just now, svphie said:

aww 3pm from Reading 😞 (weds at least) we don't really have anyone to save spaces for us and we're 4 tents. I haven't been with a ticket before so not sure where we'll end up camping but probably not paines like I wanted.

my mate was on that one last year, through the gates by 6pm, pitched up and cider in hand at our camp by 7pm.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

my mate was on that one last year, through the gates by 6pm, pitched up and cider in hand at our camp by 7pm.

cheers, that is helpful. hopefully we don't end up pitching too far out. (if anyone knows where we could end up at that time on the west side that'd also be helpful!)

Got mine through for Liverpool - DEP THURS 10:00 RET MON 15:30 - Panicked at first because i thought it departed at 15:30! 

I'll take 10am. Was expecting 12pm, so any earlier was a bonus.

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Be aware Liverpool departure point seems to have moved . From what I’m told !! 

Yeah it's outside the Cathedral on Upper Duke St

Just looked at our group chat from last year when I got the coach.

Wednesday AM I arrived at PGA around 0930 and got through the gate at around 1100.

Just as an indication for those due to arrive at a similar time this year....

19 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

I'm paying £100 extra for tickets that get me there 36 hours later than I normally do. 

This is a fair point. They're trying to reduce traffic by promoting the coach option but I can't see the benefit for someone paying full price for a ticket, arriving in the evening of day two (almost 2/5 into the festival) and when you get there you have to scramble for a half decent camping spot. 

If they want to encourage more people to take the coach option, there's an argument to say they should be let in first. I appreciate that logistically, that's practically impossible but personally I think a 6pm Thursday arrival is outrageous.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

This is a fair point. They're trying to reduce traffic by promoting the coach option but I can't see the benefit for someone paying full price for a ticket, arriving in the evening of day two (almost 2/5 into the festival) and when you get there you have to scramble for a half decent camping spot. 

If they want to encourage more people to take the coach option, there's an argument to say they should be let in first. I appreciate that logistically, that's practically impossible but personally I think a 6pm Thursday arrival is outrageous.

I think Thursday coaches should be £50 off the ticket price. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think Thursday coaches should be £50 off the ticket price. 

I was just about to post something similar as would also be a consideration gor those who want to save some money too.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Totally agree. Either that, or no arrivals beyond a certain time. Or both.

Yeh, I think anything after 12 noon Thursday you're missing a chunk of the build up.

In years gone by that wouldn't be much of a problem, but now they actively advertise it as a 5 day festival with more and more stuff on during those days they should either have the capacity to have everyone on site by then or reduce the ticket price for those coming later.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

reduce the ticket price for those coming later.

They won’t reduce the price. With Melvin involved they might start charging extra for a Wednesday arrival. Very common with the festivals he’s been in charge of. 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh, I think anything after 12 noon Thursday you're missing a chunk of the build up.

In years gone by that wouldn't be much of a problem, but now they actively advertise it as a 5 day festival with more and more stuff on during those days they should either have the capacity to have everyone on site by then or reduce the ticket price for those coming later.

It does feel unfair, but I guess we did click Thursday departure...