Modern Woman
Mamalarky
Sophie Jamieson
Gemma Dunleavy
LVRA
Eden Samara
Jawnino

Edited by gregory

I’m going but this is currently quite underwhelming music wise (although I agree it’s good value). Not sure why they’ve bothered getting a bigger headliner tbh.  Their line ups were more about up and coming acts and left field stuff.

Apart from Spz, Just Mustard and Mui Zyu are the only two I’m really excited for.

Tapir! and Modern Woman are both good and worth checking out though.  Pale Blue Eyes are solid but not too exciting.  There is some fairly left field stuff on the line up (Isabella Lovestory, Dos Monos and Quinzequinze) but unfortunately none of it is really to my taste.  

52 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m going but this is currently quite underwhelming music wise (although I agree it’s good value). Not sure why they’ve bothered getting a bigger headliner tbh.  Their line ups were more about up and coming acts and left field stuff.

Apart from Spz, Just Mustard and Mui Zyu are the only two I’m really excited for.

Tapir! and Modern Woman are both good and worth checking out though.  Pale Blue Eyes are solid but not too exciting.  There is some fairly left field stuff on the line up (Isabella Lovestory, Dos Monos and Quinzequinze) but unfortunately none of it is really to my taste.  

Am with you. It’s hard not to feel they’ve spent all the money on a big name which has weakened the second line.

Yeah not much there to grab the attention.

Makes it an easy decision for me. Last year was a strong lineup but call me a grumpy out of towner, I really didn't get on well with the queuing and the talking. Especially in Hackney church which is an awful echo chamber and crowd noise made several of the acts inaudible. 

Not to put people off, it is great value and still a fun day out + good community spirit across the venues (and decent pubs in the area). 

19 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Last year was a strong lineup but call me a grumpy out of towner, I really didn't get on well with the queuing and the talking. Especially in Hackney church which is an awful echo chamber and crowd noise made several of the acts inaudible. 

Not to put people off, it is great value and still a fun day out + good community spirit across the venues (and decent pubs in the area). 

Just to say that i always enjoy this festival, and although the Hackney church has pretty awful sound, the other venues (especially the Round Chapel) were great. The smaller venues also seemed to attract the people who were interested in the music, not just the chatters/drinkers 🙂

Edited by axel75

Got £25 tickets for this.

I see it as....I paid close to £20 just to see Just Mustard last year. They blew me away. So....an extra few quid to see them again AND Spiritualized (who i havent seen since 98. And now, what with being at Green Man too, will most likely see them twice in a month) is a no brainer. And Scapling!

Looking forward to dicovering my 'new favourite band' from the rest of the line up too.

EXCITING!!!

Edited by retromoz

3 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Got £25 tickets for this.

I see it as....I paid close to £20 just to see Just Mustard last year. They blew me away. So....an extra few quid to see them again AND Spiritualized (who i havent seen since 98. And now, what with being at Green Man too, will most likely see them twice in a month) is a no brainer. And Scapling!

Looking forward to dicovering my 'new favourite band' from the rest of the line up too.

EXCITING!!!

What if they’re on at the same time? (sorry to be a downer!)

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

What if they’re on at the same time? (sorry to be a downer!)

LOL! 🙂

Then I'd obviously see Just Mustard who a) released one of my favourite albums last year b) were frankly stupidly great when I saw them on tour last year and c) I rate more that Spiritualized. As well as me more likely going to see Spiritualized at Green Man anyways.

Whatever happens, Im going mainly for Just Mustard. Everything else is a happy addition. x

• Like 1

18 hours ago, retromoz said:

LOL! 🙂

Then I'd obviously see Just Mustard who a) released one of my favourite albums last year b) were frankly stupidly great when I saw them on tour last year and c) I rate more that Spiritualized. As well as me more likely going to see Spiritualized at Green Man anyways.

Whatever happens, Im going mainly for Just Mustard. Everything else is a happy addition. x

What if Just Mustard pull out (kidding 😉 )?

Cannot disagree that £25 is amazing value and it’s a good day out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...