Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

Nowhere near enough for me this year to justify a ticket. Also FFaF clashing with All American Rejects, Blackout clashing with Mallory Knox and I Prevail clash with You M@6 which are the main bands I’d have wanted to see…

1 minute ago, Dukey said:

Nowhere near enough for me this year to justify a ticket. Also FFaF clashing with All American Rejects, Blackout clashing with Mallory Knox and I Prevail clash with You M@6 which are the main bands I’d have wanted to see…

I think it'll be easy to still pick a ticket up next month for this. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Booking fee only on Tickets for Good atm. North and south events. You need to be a member, or find a friend/family member to go with.

Ah I have plenty of NHS friends but doubt any would wanna go, plus I'm kinda looking forward to going on my own 😂

I doubt they'd bother checking your ID but not worth the risk I suppose 

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Ah I have plenty of NHS friends but doubt any would wanna go, plus I'm kinda looking forward to going on my own 😂

I doubt they'd bother checking your ID but not worth the risk I suppose 

Always worth an ask, you never know!

The vast majority of people I know would never put me in the Live at Leeds demographic (which us on there too), but I've been many times, and love it.

And weirdly, I could have got a full quota of 6 people to go to Slam Dunk, but have no interest 😂

Edited by sheffinghell

On 5/3/2024 at 7:00 PM, sheffinghell said:

Booking fee only on Tickets for Good atm. North and south events. You need to be a member, or find a friend/family member to go with.

Why are they still doing an only good offer for the NHS? Respectfully, covid was at its start 4 year's ago and has died off that much that the standard of it these days is referred to as a different or heavier cold.

• Downvote 6

12 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Why are they still doing an only good offer for the NHS? Respectfully, covid was at its start 4 year's ago and has died off that much that the standard of it these days is referred to as a different or heavier cold.

Because from a PR/Promotion point of view it looks better to be giving away/discounting tickets to hard working NHS Staff, then to be seen to be giving them away to anyone because you can't sell them.  

A lot of these organisations started around Covid but the idea has moved on from just being a "Covid Reward"

I know if I was a venue of band, I would rather spin, I had put aside a portion of tickets to reward hard working NHS staff then we had to reduce tickets to rock bottom prices because we could not shift them.

i cant see this model going away. It might be rolled out to other "worthy people" blue lights, charity workers etc. I think TFG do offer some tickets now to those on benefits. From a venue, band, promotor point of view its simply good PR.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yeah, because everyone has just stopped getting sick now so NHS workers just sit about all day with their feet up drinking tea waiting for someone to come in. Stupid post. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Dales said:

Because from a PR/Promotion point of view it looks better to be giving away/discounting tickets to hard working NHS Staff, then to be seen to be giving them away to anyone because you can't sell them.  

A lot of these organisations started around Covid but the idea has moved on from just being a "Covid Reward"

I know if I was a venue of band, I would rather spin, I had put aside a portion of tickets to reward hard working NHS staff then we had to reduce tickets to rock bottom prices because we could not shift them.

i cant see this model going away. It might be rolled out to other "worthy people" blue lights, charity workers etc. I think TFG do offer some tickets now to those on benefits. From a venue, band, promotor point of view its simply good PR.

Exactly....because its good PR.

Where you and the idiot below say about hard working, the main reason I mention this is because is there not more than NHS staff that are hard working? Do Other people not do jobs that involve hard work too? What about people helping their loved one's at home that are dieing?...if they get cover to be able to get a night off to go out and enjoy themselves but aren't apart of any valid organisation, they don't count between apparently they don't work hard enough. 

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, because everyone has just stopped getting sick now so NHS workers just sit about all day with their feet up drinking tea waiting for someone to come in. Stupid post. 

It's really not a stupid post but I could have guaranteed the downvote was you.

Newsflash!, people got sick and died before covid came along. But we'll bang on the wagon and pretend that since March 2020 and ongoing no one else works hard?, no one sits at home as a carer for their elderly family member who is dieing? They do though don't they!, but because they don't qualify for blue light card/NHS worker it means naff all doesn't it!, they are important too but not in your world!

• Downvote 2

Selfishly, I'm hoping that the tickets get added to Blue Light Tickets or Concerts for Carers - my partner has access to them but not Tickets for Good. Reckon I'd pay a fiver for that lineup. 

I have zero qualms with NHS staff getting preferential treatment here though. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Where you and the idiot below say about hard working, the main reason I mention this is because is there not more than NHS staff that are hard working? Do Other people not do jobs that involve hard work too? What about people helping their loved one's at home that are dieing?...if they get cover to be able to get a night off to go out and enjoy themselves but aren't apart of any valid organisation, they don't count between apparently they don't work hard enough. 

I agree that most people work hard and acknowledge there are loads of other deserving people and especially carers. It would be nice if someone set up an organisation to distribute tickets to paid and unpaid carers and I would be amazed if any one who worked for the NHS would begrudge careres getting tickets.

However, your argument seems to be lets level down and do away with one of the few genuine NHS staff perks because other organisations do not exist to give away tickets to other groups. 

The likes of Tickets for Good, Concert for Carers, Blue Lights etc exist because someone decided to set them up and knew that they would be able to use the "worthyness" of recipents to secure tickets and giving the providers good PR, Surely thats a win for all parties. I struggle to see what you think is wrong with that?

I should declare I do work for the NHS and so benefit from these ticket distribution organisations. However, if I did not work in the NHS, I would not object to them existing, why would I? The same way, I would not object if other charities/organisations existed that I get no benefit from.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

Newsflash!, people got sick and died before covid came along. But we'll bang on the wagon and pretend that since March 2020 and ongoing no one else works hard?, no one sits at home as a carer for their elderly family member who is dieing? They do though don't they!, but because they don't qualify for blue light card/NHS worker it means naff all doesn't it!, they are important too but not in your world!

‘I don’t get that so why should they?’ Pathetic, immature mentality. Explain all you like, we’ve just seen what type of person you are. 

Edited by Andre91

37 minutes ago, Dales said:

I agree that most people work hard and acknowledge there are loads of other deserving people and especially carers. It would be nice if someone set up an organisation to distribute tickets to paid and unpaid carers and I would be amazed if any one who worked for the NHS would begrudge careres getting tickets.

However, your argument seems to be lets level down and do away with one of the few genuine NHS staff perks because other organisations do not exist to give away tickets to other groups. 

The likes of Tickets for Good, Concert for Carers, Blue Lights etc exist because someone decided to set them up and knew that they would be able to use the "worthyness" of recipents to secure tickets and giving the providers good PR, Surely thats a win for all parties. I struggle to see what you think is wrong with that?

I should declare I do work for the NHS and so benefit from these ticket distribution organisations. However, if I did not work in the NHS, I would not object to them existing, why would I? The same way, I would not object if other charities/organisations existed that I get no benefit from.

Not at all, not at one point did I say the NHS shouldn't get it, I'm very much in that first bit where it should not just be the NHS, carers or recognised helpers because there are plenty that aren't recognised and do it because those people have no hope without it.

32 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

‘I don’t get that so why should they?’ Pathetic, immature mentality. Explain all you like, we’ve just seen what type of person you are. 

So you've took a piece of information, twisted it into something that's relevant to your opinion like usual and there we have it.

Pathetic, immature mentality, get out of here lol.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Not at all, not at one point did I say the NHS shouldn't get it, I'm very much in that first bit where it should not just be the NHS, carers or recognised helpers because there are plenty that aren't recognised and do it because those people have no hope without it.

17 hours ago, northernangel said:

Maybe I misinterpretered your original post but it does sort of read like Why are they still doing it for the NHS when Covid was years ago. 

10 minutes ago, Dales said:

Maybe I misinterpretered your original post but it does sort of read like Why are they still doing it for the NHS when Covid was years ago. 

Hard to not interpret it that way. Covid being "done" is pretty much the entire first post.

Edited by DomDom1984

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yeah, that’s all wrong as they’ve extended it out to some of those on benefits.  For instance my daughter (11) gets disability living allowance so we’re entitled to it.

6 hours ago, Dales said:

It potentially could have been worked differently but if we are addressing people getting it for their hard work then very many people still work hard who aren't labelled in some part as saving the country.

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Yeah, that’s all wrong as they’ve extended it out to some of those on benefits.  For instance my daughter (11) gets disability living allowance so we’re entitled to it.

That's decent for you, and it's good. I still think the hard working part is a bit of a kick for anyone who still works hard but isn't in a recognised category. It's not based on me but generally on the covid aspect, it affected more than just the people working for NHS.

12 hours ago, northernangel said:

I still think the hard working part is a bit of a kick for anyone who still works hard but isn't in a recognised category. It's not based on me but generally on the covid aspect, it affected more than just the people working for NHS.

I agree with this, as teachers aren't included here, but are still dealing with the effects of covid and are having budgets squeezed massively at the moment.  That's before you start on other sectors of do-gooders - the NHS doesn't have the monopoly on this! 😉 

4 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

I agree with this, as teachers aren't included here, but are still dealing with the effects of covid and are having budgets squeezed massively at the moment.  That's before you start on other sectors of do-gooders - the NHS doesn't have the monopoly on this! 😉 

I don't think anyone's saying that, and definitely not TfG. They started out as a niche offer during covid, but have since expanded into much more of a generic seatfiller, albeit with membership criteria. It's now expanded to include some charities and people receiving a range of 'cost of living' benefits. And members can take no -members with them - I almost never go with other NHS people, but do take friends who are teachers, social workers, university staff, civil service, delivery drivers, admin, and more... TfG also encourage people to top-up their purchases with a small amount towards a ticket fund for others who may need support. Their continued and increasing success has a chance of expanding further, in time, into other sectors IMO. 

Also, some more context - they are now offering much of the same stuff as other seatfiller companies (a good proportion, poss 50%, also available elsewhere), and they are making strong connections with many more promoters and venues outside of London, across a wider range of events (much more sport and family stuff, for example). It is inevitable that some of this will eventually start showing up on other sites too, especially as they are probably the least secretive of the seatfillers, and openly promote what events their members have been to. This will eventually start to normalise this element of the ticket market.

question for the North 

i am planning on Taxis after the event back to leeds centre, for 10 people ...after last years troubles im thinking of walking to the Lidl on selby road...good idea? waste of time? any taxi companies that honour pre bookings and dont allocate drivers a few minutes before? dont mind spending a bit extra for peace of mind.

thanks