Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

Looks like a couple of high profile TBAs for The Temple, from a crowd control perspective it would fit, easy to shut off areas and walkways.

And if the deal was done in Jan it would fit with how big they were at the time. 

2 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have seen the Arcadia lineup for this year and sadly the Fred x Four Tet x Skrillex b3b is not on there.

Also doesn’t look like there will be space for them to be added to the lineup later as there are 18 acts on the lineup when there were 16 on the 2022 Arcadia lineup 

That's more than a little disappointing. I seem to remember this rumor came from the lads themselves who said something about a glastonbury announcement on air, only to be told that they weren't allowed to talk about it. There was an audio clip of that here at some point. It's very unlikely they would be on a smaller stage if its not Arcadia no?

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Looks like a couple of high profile TBAs for The Temple, from a crowd control perspective it would fit, easy to shut off areas and walkways.

And if the deal was done in Jan it would fit with how big they were at the time. 

One is Fatboy according to his self confirm 

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sunday morning at Kieran's usual Stonebridge slot may be worth keeping an eye on

Have I missed it or has Four Tet not been announced anywhere yet? If not, very odd, although his popularity has grown considerably in the last year off the back of the Fred/skrillex link so maybe that’s why he’s not been announced and is just having a year away 

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

Have I missed it or has Four Tet not been announced anywhere yet? If not, very odd, although his popularity has grown considerably in the last year off the back of the Fred/skrillex link so maybe that’s why he’s not been announced and is just having a year away 

Should add here he’s not on the Arcadia lineup either 

15 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Should add here he’s not on the Arcadia lineup either 

Hi mate, I'm back posting here just because I'm curious about this, could they have been labelled as something else on the lineup, such as 'TBA', or Pangbourne House Mafia? 

Also, is there any chance you could drop any of the artists on the poster? It's obviously cool if not.

Cheers.

34 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Hi mate, I'm back posting here just because I'm curious about this, could they have been labelled as something else on the lineup, such as 'TBA', or Pangbourne House Mafia? 

Also, is there any chance you could drop any of the artists on the poster? It's obviously cool if not.

Cheers.

Yep no tba, pangbourne etc I’m afraid.

Not allowed to share the names I’m afraid but can confirm the Spider is on the poster (confirming that’s back) and that Daphni and Skream are both doing b2bs (not together might I add). Sharing their names as they already appear on the lineup for other areas

Edited by tigger123

4 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Not that surprising considering he had a high profile slot last year and an Arcadia appearance. Probs still be somewhere this year but a smaller slot

8 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have seen the Arcadia lineup for this year and sadly the Fred x Four Tet x Skrillex b3b is not on there.

Also doesn’t look like there will be space for them to be added to the lineup later as there are 18 acts on the lineup when there were 16 on the 2022 Arcadia lineup 

Quite surprising given they self confirmed. 18 acts is very full - going to be some short sets in there assuming chems are doing 2 hours etc.

4 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Yep no tba, pangbourne etc I’m afraid.

Not allowed to share the names I’m afraid but can confirm the Spider is on the poster (confirming that’s back) and that Daphni and Skream are both doing b2bs (not together might I add). Sharing their names as they already appear on the lineup for other areas

Daphni will be fab! care to show who he's b2b with? 🙂 think theres a few very likely options but would be cool to see something more rogue

5 minutes ago, Masterluke said:

Yeah I thought they self confirmed too, but does anyone have a link for that as I can't find it to reassure myself. 

think it was a bit wishy washy to begin with but it was vocally at a show from skrillex

20 hours ago, Masterluke said:

So we need a headliner to drop out and OMG TBA to rescue Glastonbury like the did Coachella 😁

they were going to be added onto the lineup in the same slot as blink 182 was that friday if Frank never dropped out anyway. Skrillex also had a secret set happening til they got the bump in slot too. So what "rescuing" occurred  if they had already secured the artist and then just production shuffling had to happen along with locking down Blink 182 again. How about Frank saved us attendees by quitting, thats the better narrative.  And i dont know how the second weekend which had over 90%  tickets sold needed to be rescued. Grossing almost $200 million in just ticket sales isnt something just any fest can do. The eeavi wouldve just shuffled a few acts around and called it a day if they lost somebody last minute, dont kid yourself. We saw that happened with Doja Cat last year. They had over a month and did nothing.

fun to watch everyone hoping that a duplicate of what happened last month can even be done at glasto. It cant. And thats how it should be. 

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

they were going to be added onto the lineup in the same slot as blink 182 was that friday if Frank never dropped out anyway. Skrillex also had a secret set happening til they got the bump in slot too. So what "rescuing" occurred  if they had already secured the artist and then just production shuffling had to happen along with locking down Blink 182 again. How about Frank saved us attendees by quitting, thats the better narrative.  And i dont know how the second weekend which had over 90%  tickets sold needed to be rescued. Grossing almost $200 million in just ticket sales isnt something just any fest can do. The eeavi wouldve just shuffled a few acts around and called it a day if they lost somebody last minute, dont kid yourself. We saw that happened with Doja Cat last year. They had over a month and did nothing.

fun to watch everyone hoping that a duplicate of what happened last month can even be done at glasto. It cant. And thats how it should be. 

You say it can't? Now I am not saying that this will happen but I am saying if the need arose, it can be done! And if it "Can't" be done, then Glasto need to pick up the phone to me on how to get things "Done"!

Anything in this world CAN be done, you just need the correct mindset.

So the same as coachella then?

they were going to be added onto the lineup in the same slot as blink 182 was that friday if Frank never dropped out anyway. 

The eeavi wouldve just shuffled a few acts around and called it a day.

Gonna need to explain the calculation here mate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I just listended to the new Album "Secret Life" 

I like it, but in the same way I like Enigma and especially their first album, it's very chilled and would send me off to sleep nicely, or calm me right down after a shitty day.

But FFS dont play this shit at Glasto Fred! Banger after Banger please, just bring PHM on and be done with it, smash the festival up before the first headliner has even been on!

31 minutes ago, Franky said:

So I just listended to the new Album "Secret Life" 

I like it, but in the same way I like Enigma and especially their first album, it's very chilled and would send me off to sleep nicely, or calm me right down after a shitty day.

But FFS dont play this shit at Glasto Fred! Banger after Banger please, just bring PHM on and be done with it, smash the festival up before the first headliner has even been on!

I highly doubt anything from secret life will be played. We'll see what happens when he does Primavera in a week or so anyway

Not going to lie would far prefer him solo than as PHM - can faff around with that another time, this set is a great showcase for him

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I highly doubt anything from secret life will be played. We'll see what happens when he does Primavera in a week or so anyway

Not going to lie would far prefer him solo than as PHM - can faff around with that another time, this set is a great showcase for him

Yeah but at best he can only showcase a very chilled out sunset vibe (granted at sunset) with maybe 2 or 3 bangers thrown in. 

Ive said it all along, his own stuff is far too chilled out to capture an Other Stage crowd just before a headliner. 

I want to party, not chill, maybe a 16:00 set would suit better for his own stuff. 

Only time will tell what he’s gonna do. 

9 minutes ago, Franky said:

Yeah but at best he can only showcase a very chilled out sunset vibe (granted at sunset) with maybe 2 or 3 bangers thrown in. 

Ive said it all along, his own stuff is far too chilled out to capture an Other Stage crowd just before a headliner. 

I want to party, not chill, maybe a 16:00 set would suit better for his own stuff. 

Only time will tell what he’s gonna do. 

no way! have to disagree with that. his gigs go OFF its so much fun. beginning to end. you can have a bit of emotion in a sub set without boring people!

we lost dancing

kyle i found you

baxter

sabrina

jungle

deliliah

kammy

angie

danielle

lights out

turn of the lights

clara

hannah

billie

faisal

tate how i feel

throw in that frank ocean / moderat mix he does with fka twigs before and we have a hell of a party on the other!

21 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

no way! have to disagree with that. his gigs go OFF its so much fun. beginning to end. you can have a bit of emotion in a sub set without boring people!

we lost dancing

kyle i found you

baxter

sabrina

jungle

deliliah

kammy

angie

danielle

lights out

turn of the lights

clara

hannah

billie

faisal

tate how i feel

throw in that frank ocean / moderat mix he does with fka twigs before and we have a hell of a party on the other!

Hmmmmmmmm really? 

Just went through each track and rated them. 

5 proper decent party tunes out of your list 😪

I tells you all !!!!! He’s gonna have to pull something out the bag. 

we lost dancing = Banger 

kyle i found you = non

baxter = very non 

sabrina = non

jungle = Banger 

deliliah = Banger 

kammy = meh 

angie = non

danielle = Banger 100%

lights out = non

turn of the lights = Banger

clara = non

hannah = non 

billie = meh …. It’s okay 

faisal = non

tate how i fee = non 

i dont think you are much of a fred fan if you think those aint bangers , maybe its just not for you 🙂 seen him live many times and all those songs get a massive reaction!  as you will see on the friday . a massive majority of those who turn up to see him will know all those songs, think you are underestimating how big he is and how well known those songs are.