Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

2 minutes ago, Franky said:

Hmmm the stream seemed to cut off after Blink182 and not show the 3 boys doing their thing.

Looks like it’s on Soundcloud if you just want a listen. Probs get taken down as Coachella sets don’t appear on there for very long

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Franky said:

Hmmm the stream seemed to cut off after Blink182 and not show the 3 boys doing their thing.

I literally just watched it - seems its now removed but there are plenty of rips going around. I bet theres loads on Coachella / artist reddits

Watched the b3b earlier, think all the other ones they've done have been better, seemed good enough for the Coachella crowd, and was a better show than Frank Ocean's disaster last weekend. But was expecting it so be slightly more exciting for such a big slot, did start feeling a little bit boring at points.

In terms of people not being able to see it, I am sure someone screen-recorded the whole thing, would expect it to be uploaded soonish to either Soundcloud or Youtube (if not already there).

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Franky said:

If any of you wencraft witchery types can find a link to the video I would very much appreciate it 👍

Searched around and couldn’t find it. With my limited skills lol

I do have the audio on soundcloud though. 

Insta here has some bits and bob-ery

https://instagram.com/stories/fredagainagainagainagainagain/3087469509299386334?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YzcyNDA0Yzg3NA==

• Upvote 1

So whilst I am still not convinced that Fred is gonna rock the Other Stage the way I want him to, looking at the lineup so far it's more than likely that I will be there to check him out.

Now! If it was all 3 of them, I would be front and centre very much looking forward to it.

He's clearly a talented guy but I just dont think he brings it on his own.......... Prove me wrong Freddo 😉

The albums are okay and I was into him for a bit, but I don't think I could watch him live as it's a bit flat.

I could see the trio doing Arcadia and that would be quite good but I don't think that'll happen for capacity reasons. The Arcadia-Park-Pennards junction was *dangerous* last year.

3 minutes ago, MJP said:

The albums are okay and I was into him for a bit, but I don't think I could watch him live as it's a bit flat.

I could see the trio doing Arcadia and that would be quite good but I don't think that'll happen for capacity reasons. The Arcadia-Park-Pennards junction was *dangerous* last year.

We need Elton to pull out! 

1 hour ago, Franky said:

So whilst I am still not convinced that Fred is gonna rock the Other Stage the way I want him to, looking at the lineup so far it's more than likely that I will be there to check him out.

Now! If it was all 3 of them, I would be front and centre very much looking forward to it.

He's clearly a talented guy but I just dont think he brings it on his own.......... Prove me wrong Freddo 😉

I watched the Coachella set. Thought it was pretty average. I think I prefer Fred on his own, much more emotional for me. I prefer a live show to a dj set. He’s going to smash it at Glasto, can’t wait. 

1 minute ago, Isaact said:

Looking at the crowd they pulled for Coachella, is this going to be the busiest Arcadia will have been before? 

Bigger than Calvin even?

Feels a bit dangerous - they should move them to the huge head in Block 9.

They pulled that crowd at Coachella because there was literally nothing else up against them, so other than people who weren’t at all interested, the entire festival turned up for them. No such issues at Glastonbury where lots of people will just go elsewhere.

43 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Where did he come from? He just seemed to be one of the biggest names in the game in about half an hour 

Born in to money, privately educated, and seemed to have a few connections in the biz early on, basically, and has had a pretty relentless PR team pushing him at every step since. Obviously all that would mean nothing if he wasn’t good at what he does, but he’s certainly had more of a leg up than most young producers would. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Born in to money, privately educated, and seemed to have a few connections in the biz early on, basically, and has had a pretty relentless PR team pushing him at every step since. Obviously all that would mean nothing if he wasn’t good at what he does, but he’s certainly had more of a leg up than most young producers would. 

Snide that, he has got some decent tunes to be fair although you shouldn’t be able to buy your way to the top. 

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Where did he come from? He just seemed to be one of the biggest names in the game in about half an hour 

Not half an hour at all. Properly broke out almost a year ago now

3 hours ago, Isaact said:

Looking at the crowd they pulled for Coachella, is this going to be the busiest Arcadia will have been before? 

Bigger than Calvin even?

Feels a bit dangerous - they should move them to the huge head in Block 9.

Will be fine.

Block9 would be absolute chaos would complete block up the south east corner and its not what they book anyway

Edited by gfa

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

I know he’s now been around for a bit, but there’s absolutely no denying that his rise to stardom was very very quick. You don’t go from breaking to headlining Coachella in a year. 

3 minutes ago, lukethekid said:
14 minutes ago, gfa said:

I know he’s now been around for a bit, but there’s absolutely no denying that his rise to stardom was very very quick. You don’t go from breaking to headlining Coachella in a year. 

a bit longer - he won Producer of the Year in 2020, three years ago

• Upvote 1