Camping Plans for 2024

Supernintendo Chalmers

17 hours ago, Glastonbury101 said:

Thanks for this! Do you mean like right after midday or later on - I think I'll arrive on site by 1pm and wondering whether Paines will be possible for a group of 4 smallish tents...

Thanks! 🙂

I think you'll likely be able to find somewhere but best option would be (assuming you're walking from Gate D) to go to south park 2 via Paines and see if you spot anywhere on the way. The purple dots on the map are the camp site stewards that will also be able to help too 

Toilets are less busy in South park if that helps? 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the map, I’m thinking of camping in Big Ground and ideally against the hedgerow so I’ve a few questions.

On average, what time on the Tuesday do people start waiting at Gate B?

Im assuming Big Ground fills up quickly?

Is it fairly quiet in that area?

14 hours ago, JB3 said:

Looking at the map, I’m thinking of camping in Big Ground and ideally against the hedgerow so I’ve a few questions.

On average, what time on the Tuesday do people start waiting at Gate B?

Im assuming Big Ground fills up quickly?

Is it fairly quiet in that area?

Last year we got in the queue about 5:00, through the gates at about 8:30/9:00, Big Ground and Kidney Mead were pretty much full. I think it was because of Row Mead not being open, which is the same again this year! 

Queue up early with just your tent and chair (and a few ciders), then weave round all the trolleys doing the zigzag, it’ll be much quicker - then do a second trip for the bulky stuff! 

1 hour ago, a.shep said:

Last year we got in the queue about 5:00, through the gates at about 8:30/9:00, Big Ground and Kidney Mead were pretty much full. I think it was because of Row Mead not being open, which is the same again this year! 

Queue up early with just your tent and chair (and a few ciders), then weave round all the trolleys doing the zigzag, it’ll be much quicker - then do a second trip for the bulky stuff! 

Cheers Shep, good information 👍

Anyone know what time do people start queuing on the Tuesday?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JB3 said:

There were pics on here last year of people queuing on Tuesday evening (6pm ish) before the car parks had officially opened. You may find them if you search. 

• Thanks 1

I know this has been answered before so sorry for duplicate question but couldn't find answer anywhere. If you get in the queue gate D at 7.30am what are the chances of getting 4 tents at oxlyers? 

6 hours ago, JB3 said:

Car parks opened at gate B in 2022 about 9 or 10pm on Tuesday evening from memory. I arrived about an hour or so later than that and wasn't far from the front of the queue. Had I not made the mistake of bringing too much stuff and losing a huge amount of ground through the zigzags through exhaustion and difficulty carrying stuff I'd have been almost at the front.

• Thanks 1

If we join the queue at 10am ish on the wednesday, is there any chance we can get 4/5 tents into Park Home do people reckon? If not, how about Dairy?  If not then where do people reckon will still have space from Gate D? 

Edited by kemosabe

Really hoping our mates will be able to hold a couple of spots for us in Big Ground - they'll be in the gate B queue overnight, but only have a tarp to cover 2 tent spots for us. We'll be arriving to coach gate A around 6/7am, and then have the 20/30 min trek to Big Ground ahead of us, with the final 2 tents. Fingers crossed but not feeling too confident!

2 minutes ago, woyski said:

Really hoping our mates will be able to hold a couple of spots for us in Big Ground - they'll be in the gate B queue overnight, but only have a tarp to cover 2 tent spots for us. We'll be arriving to coach gate A around 6/7am, and then have the 20/30 min trek to Big Ground ahead of us, with the final 2 tents. Fingers crossed but not feeling too confident!

I reckon youll be fine as long as they dont go anywhere 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I reckon youll be fine as long as they dont go anywhere 

Yeah they definitely won't leave the spot - don't know why I have this ridiculous image of people coming and crashing their way in hahah, even though that is simply not the Glasto spirit! Regardless, we'll have a spot somewhere at the happiest place on earth!

2 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Having a bit of a debate about whether Lime kiln or Hitchin hill is less hilly? Anyone camped in both? 

We did Lime kiln last year and are wondering whether to try hitchin this year..  

I don’t know about Lime Kiln but there are some totally flat places on Hitchin. Far right hand side about halfway up. You also get the shade from the hedge in the morning 

On 6/2/2024 at 4:40 PM, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Unlikely you’ll find space for 4 tents together. You might find some spaces around the edges but I’d advise against it. You need to be at least 4 or 5 tents back from the walkway or you’ll be dealing with lots of heavy traffic come Friday evening.

I can vouch for that…

Arriving mid day ish weds planning to set up in dairy ground Do you think we’d be able to save space for another 4 man tent next to ours for another family arriving at maybe 6-7pm. Only thing is we won’t be waiting by the tent as will want to go and explore with the kids.  Thinking of maybe just pegging their groundsheet out and hoping for the best that nobody moves it as dairy is a slow filler?

No ticket this year so missing out.

I have been going on the coach for years and I really don’t understand why they have cut off pylon.

Just looked at the map and for people arriving at gate A on Thursday they have very little space to head to if it’s muddy.

I found it hard last year and it was glorious weather. It really is a bit of a piss take cutting off pylon. Really bad idea.

All around woodsies cut off too.