2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

1 hour ago, suttttttt said:

How long does it usually take for tickets to sell out for this? 

Last year it was 7th February, but there would have been a good percentage of 2021 rollovers (and excitement about being out of restrictions) to take into account. Looking back as far as I can, before then it always seems to have been in July or August. It's on the final tier right now and has apparently sold out every year since 2008. Don't let the whole "nobody wants to go with these headliners" thing mislead you, there does seem to be a good deal of excitement too.

20 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

They added loads of good stuff in second and third announcement last year. 

Only thing is none of those were especially high up Woods or Garden, and it's the same looking at the last few pre-pandemic years (2017 had Bill Callahan and Slowdive, 2016 The Shins and Teenage Fanclub)  I do think they ideally need three more Woods subs/Garden headliner level acts, and maybe a Big Top Sunday headliner too.

17 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Only thing is none of those were especially high up Woods or Garden, and it's the same looking at the last few pre-pandemic years (2017 had Bill Callahan and Slowdive, 2016 The Shins and Teenage Fanclub)  I do think they ideally need three more Woods subs/Garden headliner level acts, and maybe a Big Top Sunday headliner too.

Definitely lacking in the top half, just below headliners.

Fingers crossed some nice additions added 

6 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Definitely lacking in the top half, just below headliners.

Fingers crossed some nice additions added 

If they do get the Walkmen and BJM that would be two sorted. Apparently perennial favourites Squid are announcing something, possibly an album, next week.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, domjon said:

That must have been unreal. Not really one for reunion tours but there has to be exceptions eh...caught NMH at the Albert Hall and was 

Same here not bothered about reunions/nostalgia,  

But seeing Slint play Spiderland in its entirety was stunning 

Then NMH 

unforgettable weekend 

Edited by wolfamongwolves
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Swans playing Arctangent couple of weeks before 

Oh man. That would be unreal. One of the greatest live bands of all time. Definitely too much for the EOTR crowd though. I was delighted when they books PigsX7 and Part Chimp last year but nothing much like that on the lineup this year so far as I can see. People must have complained that they could have squeezed in some forgettable singer-songwriters instead. 

Edited by Dogleg

52 minutes ago, Dogleg said:

Oh man. That would be unreal. One of the greatest live bands of all time. Definitely too much for the EOTR crowd though. I was delighted when they books PigsX7 and Part Chimp last year but nothing much like that on the lineup this year so far as I can see. People must have complained that they could have squeezed in some forgettable singer-songwriters instead. 

So you love doom metal but have never heard of Divide & Dissolve or BIG|BRAVE?

Sorry, that was a bit aggressive, wasn't it. But they're bands even I've heard of, and it feels off to complain that EOTR has booked the kind of thing most EOTR goers like.

Anyway... apparently Big Thief are already playing new songs live so I assume that once their dates finish in August they're going back into the studio, in which case I hope Simon has a deposit down for 2024.

2 hours ago, Dogleg said:

Incredible live band 

I think there is a place for them at eotr or should be 

Fit perfectly alongside Big Brave , Divide and Dissolve 

The amount of moaning in here. State of the place. If you've never been before, the festival owes you nowt. FWIW, that's as good a line up as you should expect from a fest of EOTR size these days. 

If you are a fan of the festival then I find the moaning weirder. There's a festival in Oz called Meredith where there is ONE stage, playing all genres from metal to triphop to folk, one after the other and at best, you'll have properly heard of three acts before you go. It's two and a half days long, costs the same and sells out instantly with massive numbers of returners. It's about the vibe and trusting that the organisers have LISTENED to the bands. They will have listened more than you, I 100% guarantee. Not knowing a band doesn't mean they're shit. Headliners are decent, I know about 7 or 8 other acts and am very excited about going. Only thing that's stopping me is if it gets proven my 5 year old can't cope at Bearded Theory. 

Stop moaning, get listening or even better still, just trust the process and discover stuff when you're there with a cold refreshing beverage, surrounded by chill people and beautiful trees. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1