Posters gone AWOL - until post-Glasto 23

blutarsky

5 minutes ago, bexj said:

I'm not totally AWOL and probably normally go a bit quiet at this time of year.  But I've no idea if I'll be at the festival next year.  All of my usual crew have said they don't want to or can't go.  Even my husband that I've been to 18 or 19 Glastonburys with has said he wants a year off.  So I didn't get tickets and I won't go for resale.  But I have registered for Oxfam and Wateraid, but know the chances are slim as I've not volunteered before.  So who knows.  Feeling a bit flat about it all really.

chances aren't that slim if you want to volunteer .... lots of opportunities up to the festival , i believe Oxfam allow a certain number of new people for example ... keep the faith 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

chances aren't that slim if you want to volunteer .... lots of opportunities up to the festival , i believe Oxfam allow a certain number of new people for example ... keep the faith 

Oxfam don't actively hold back places for newcomers*, but the number is (roughly) thought to be that in a typical year they've got approx 1,500 places filled via priority applicants which leaves about 1,000 in the bunfight for newcomers and returnees who didn't have priority status. So yeah - if someone wants a place, then they've got a good shot at getting one even without priority.

This is especially true if someone is able to be patient and persistent as cancellations are made available. There's been quite a few people on these threads getting places in the run up to the festival (even up to a few days before) and so ending up with a near last minute route into the festival after already having nearly given up hope.

*they did reserve a certain number of places for newcomers one year, but that was before they massively tightened up the priority rules and so there was a genuine chance of it filling up and there being no newcomers. It's not necessary anymore.

Edited by incident

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd highly recommend watching the BBC coverage if unlucky or not going. I didn't the first year I missed it as couldn't bear to, but this year I decided to dive in. I might have shed a few tears but it was lovely to somehow feel a part of it and we had a great little thread going as everyone flicked through the different feeds.

So reading through this thread I realise we’ve been to all the same Glastonbury's @Zoo Music Girl (started in 08 and missed 16 and 22), plus  watching 22 together on the tv/efests  - like kindred spirits! 

Edited by Phoenix Girl
Plus both 23 ticket holders whoop 🙌🏻

I've gone AWOL as it's gotten busy in work and I'm getting jealous seeing everyone excited for something that as far as I know I'm missing out on.

Should hopefully be nice and active and annoying come the end of April though. 😁

On 12/8/2022 at 6:17 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Out of interest who’s given up and not trying in resale ? 

Seriously considered it briefly! The Saturday at Primavera in Madrid looks very tasty (Kendrick, Depeche Mode, Four Tet, Alvvays, Mars Volta, Moldy Peaches and more), so we did think about taking the plunge, giving up and heading elsewhere…but DM, Pulp, Kraftwerk and Blur all playing Dublin next summer, plus I also have a ticket for ATN, so on reflection, even though we only got one group of 6 through on t’day (out of 18 trying), we decided to hang on in there and give the resale a go (first time ever for me, always did it to get tickets for stragglers, bit weird being one of them this year!)…

I'm afraid visiting this site has been difficult to do since missing out on T-Day. I occasionally pop back to see what's happening on the Taylor thread though 🙂

I booked Download for the first time so have filled a little bit of my Glasto-shaped hole but I'll be back in the build up to resale, this thing ain't over yet! 

Also congrats Blutarsky!