The 2023 food stall thread!

Franky

Is not peeling your tatties before mashing them a thing now? 

That's so weird to me, we'd call them crushed putatoes not mash...

Anyway...

37 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s the one at the other stage, they don’t do chips just mash and a selection of pies. To be fair  I had ruined its presentation by smashing it up and choosing the bean rather than pea option. 

Not the same one then, as with the one I had there was a choice... And the chips were more like frozen, badly cooked, fries, than real chips. 😞 

Does anyone know if the Scotch Egg stand by the Pyramid market area to the left when you face the stage was there this year, I couldn't find it and it was a delight in 2019? Anyone know what it may have been called evem if it wasn't there, so amazing I would look for it elsewhere!

I’m going to have to hold my hands up and say I wasn’t blown away by the food set up. My first year and off the top of my head visited truly crumptious near Avalon, Poutine place, a Thai/Chinese at West Holts, rump steak sandwich in the Park, Woodfired pizza at Williams Green and coffee and doughnuts in Silver Hays. Was often big queues for decent food and regularly items advertised out of stock once we got to the front. Nothing really blew me away. Hoping for better luck next year.

Edited by Justcalledtosay

8 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I’m going to have to hold my hands up and say I wasn’t blown away by the food set up. My first year and off the top of my head visited truly crumptious near Avalon, Poutine place, a Thai/Chinese at West Holts, a chicken wrap place in the Park, Woodfired pizza at Williams Green and coffee and doughnuts in Silver Hays. Was often big queues for decent food and regularly items advertised out of stock once we got to the front. Nothing really blew me away. Hoping for better luck next year.

I know what you mean. There are nice food places there, really nice ones, but for every nice one there's 5 crap ones. And the queues for the nice ones do get big.

Perhaps best to check others recommendations and avoid 'normal' times. So have poutine for breakfast, crumble for a late night snack, etc etc. That should help you skip the queues.  

6 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I know what you mean. There are nice food places there, really nice ones, but for every nice one there's 5 crap ones. And the queues for the nice ones do get big.

Perhaps best to check others recommendations and avoid 'normal' times. So have poutine for breakfast, crumble for a late night snack, etc etc. That should help you skip the queues.  

Could be a good idea.

18 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I’m going to have to hold my hands up and say I wasn’t blown away by the food set up. My first year and off the top of my head visited truly crumptious near Avalon, Poutine place, a Thai/Chinese at West Holts, rump steak sandwich in the Park, Woodfired pizza at Williams Green and coffee and doughnuts in Silver Hays. Was often big queues for decent food and regularly items advertised out of stock once we got to the front. Nothing really blew me away. Hoping for better luck next year.

If it was your first it was unfortunate timing, as many of the most popular places did  have big queues and that's not necessarily always been the case in previous years. 

Also as you'll see from this and other threads - the big food connoisseurs don't just go off piste and choose, but have done their homework in advance.  I can't pretend I'm one of them, as if there's a stall with a queue of a dozen people I'm more likely to wait and go elsewhere. 

My other favourites from Glastonbury and other festivals who were at the farm this year include:

Indonesian Coconut Curry and Open Sesame Persian Kebabs (both by BBC Introducing)

Burger & Beyond - preferred to Eat The Farm and Burger Bear (on left on way from Leftfield into Other)

Jumping Bean Burrito (left hand side as you look at Other)

Dosa Deli Indian Street Food (Williams Green) 

Paellaria (Williams Green and between BBC Introducing and Other)

Crumbleshack (near Information Point opposite Leftfield)

Just Desserts (near pharmacy roughly half way as the crow flies between Bandstand and Leftfield)

There was also lots of love here for Mexican Seoul (near BBC Introducing) and Bayou New Orleans Surf n Turf Kitchen (West Holts)

And Proper Coffee (on left as you leave Williams Green towards West Holts) is regarded by many as having the best coffee on site)

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CiaranMc said:

The ultimate service anyone could do for the masses would be to make a food map.

My favourites (and some others) are marked on here if you can zoom in and read my writing and shorthand.

One to avoid - Tor Rugby Club Burritos.

IMG_20221128_141631.jpg

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un
Addition
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

My other favourites from Glastonbury and other festivals who were at the farm this year include:

Indonesian Coconut Curry and Open Sesame Persian Kebabs (both by BBC Introducing)

Burger & Beyond - preferred to Eat The Farm and Burger Bear (on left on way from Leftfield into Other)

Just Desserts (near pharmacy roughly half way as the crow flies between Bandstand and Leftfield)

There was also lots of love here for Mexican Seoul (near BBC Introducing) and Bayou New Orleans Kitchen (West Holts)

And Proper Coffee (on left as you leave Williams Green towards West Holts) is regarded by many as having the best coffee on site)

Great list, thanks 🙂

Edited by Alvoram

20 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

There was also lots of love here for Mexican Seoul (near BBC Introducing) and Bayou New Orleans Kitchen (West Holts)

Visited Proper Coffee as well now you mention it. Decent coffee, big old queue. 

48 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I had poutine and pizza for breakfast. Can highly recommend it. I think this is key. Be prepared to eat things that might not be as popular at certain times of day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Yes my need for coffee has never been high enough to justify the time I'd have to spend in the queue after sorting out food for me and two kids. 

Normally we always queue for 1 coffee each day but this year I didn't which is a sign that the queues were a bit longer than normal. I'm not a fan of the queue.