Accommodation 1st December on Sale

Avalon_Fields

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The 850 price is for 7 nights , two people, with free parking and full breakfast. A two person scout is 400 plus parking plus cost of breakfast and for only five nights. We would then have had added a few nights in the town as well.  Seems transport to festival isn’t too much of a problem, shuttle bus from town or even a shared cab with other B and B residents.  But I’ll still miss the festival camping😞

It's certainly a balancing act I know well.

My folks lived in Wells a few times I went in the early years (which is similar distance to the site), so first time I went back with them, other times one of us drove back to their house. Sometimes just went there once on the way home to freshen up for the journey home. 

Tbh mostly I preferred being on site and having the flexibility to do what I wanted and whenever so that's what I've done mostly. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The 850 price is for 7 nights , two people, with free parking and full breakfast. A two person scout is 400 plus parking plus cost of breakfast and for only five nights. We would then have had added a few nights in the town as well.  Seems transport to festival isn’t too much of a problem, shuttle bus from town or even a shared cab with other B and B residents.  But I’ll still miss the festival camping😞

Wow, I thought it was a good deal before, now knowing it's 7 nights with breakfast, that's just insane!!!

£60pppn AND you're getting fed for that too!!!!

You are sure you've booked the right week aren't you? 🙈😂😜

11 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Wow, I thought it was a good deal before, now knowing it's 7 nights with breakfast, that's just insane!!!

£60pppn AND you're getting fed for that too!!!!

You are sure you've booked the right week aren't you? 🙈😂😜

Yes, booked it provisionally when we stayed there prefestival this year. Really nice place, cracking brekkie. Booking was held for us until after ticket sales. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, booked it provisionally when we stayed there prefestival this year. Really nice place, cracking brekkie. Booking was held for us until after ticket sales. 

We stayed at Premier Inn prefest, no such personal service of that standard with Premier Inn haha... 

Sounds like you're onto a winner there mate, and you're 'in' now, so if they operate how we do with Christmas dinners (sounds like they do) you'll get first dibs every year!

That's it then... Every day's a Sunday

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, CJB said:

Anyone who has stayed in both WV and Sticklinch… which do you prefer? I know that Sticklinch doesn’t have the hill but roughly how long is the walk to and from the campsite? 

It was about 10-15 mins max in last year's perfect weather, assuming you're fairly mobile in general... But the best part about Sticklinch is that it's a relatively easy walk, very very gradual slope, and you can pass by Co-op. 

If you know where the old CV West field is, it's there... Or Cineramageddon is another landmark, it's right next door to that. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Decent thread anywhere with reviews of the different accomodation types? 2p scout tent actually big enough for 2? And for a non couple as well?

We always found them a decent size and height. One tip is to take a spare piece of groundsheet for the outer part of the tent. Ideal place to keep wellies, stove etc. without the groundsheet it will get muddy if it rains. Also for two if you have single air beds rather than a double they can be stacked when not in use to give more room to get dressed etc. 

E9E91CDD-2201-444F-831A-BBA7031247A0.thumb.jpeg.589d531b6c7e2e61ba620f82cc5258e7.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Eks101 said:

Quick question please - if you have multiple people trying to get a podpad at Sticklinch and both end up getting one can you be refunded for the one you don’t need? 

You'll get charged the admin/cancellation fee.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Evilredzebra said:

How much of a scramble is it going to be on Thursday? We want to book Sticklinch as we have a newbie in our group who is a massive introvert and wants to avoid crowds (ha - good luck with that!) and we're thinking this will give them somewhere to retreat to.

Are they ever able to put that aside for gigs or other live events? 

I wouldn't suggest they come along to spend 3 to 5 days back at the tent

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Are they ever able to put that aside for gigs or other live events? 

I wouldn't suggest they come along to spend 3 to 5 days back at the tent

Completely agree - I am absolutely fine with crowds and at times the madness can be overwhelming (I remember trying to move around the site when everybody was trying to get to see Bruce Forsyth!) so it's going to be an interesting one!  

But they do love live music and entertainment so I'm sure we'll be able to strike a balance.

2 hours ago, Evilredzebra said:

Completely agree - I am absolutely fine with crowds and at times the madness can be overwhelming (I remember trying to move around the site when everybody was trying to get to see Bruce Forsyth!) so it's going to be an interesting one!  

But they do love live music and entertainment so I'm sure we'll be able to strike a balance.

Ah excellent 😊

I remember years ago being with a pal who had a panic attack and you realise at certain times it's not the optimal place to be. 

12 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

Decent thread anywhere with reviews of the different accomodation types? 2p scout tent actually big enough for 2? And for a non couple as well?

Hmm very cosy I’d say. Better for a couple. Two of us slept in a 4 man for the extravaganza once - much better

9 hours ago, Evilredzebra said:

How much of a scramble is it going to be on Thursday? We want to book Sticklinch as we have a newbie in our group who is a massive introvert and wants to avoid crowds (ha - good luck with that!) and we're thinking this will give them somewhere to retreat to.

The green fields are a good place to retreat to if overwhelmed - Sticklinch is a fair walk, wouldn’t want to go back and fore

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CJB said:

Anyone who has stayed in both WV and Sticklinch… which do you prefer? I know that Sticklinch doesn’t have the hill but roughly how long is the walk to and from the campsite? 

Stayed in WV many times and Sticklinch last year. I heard the WV steps replaced by a long and winding road this year. I would say the walk on average is about the same (depends where you are headed obviously). The WV walk down is far more interesting through greenfields etc but the hill home is a trudge. Strummerville is a nice stop off for a last drink and a great view over the site. 

14 hours ago, lander89 said:

Hi all looking to bring a camper for the first time. I am trying to work out if I should go for quiet or normal campervans but can’t work out which field is which. Does anyone know which field numbers are normal vs quiet?

The quiet ones are E19, 20, 23, 24, 25. See the Glastonbury map. 

The quiet are closer to gate C, in my experience both quiet and normal tend to be quiet most of the time. Normal are probably easier to get.