Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

Hola,soy un muchacho de Málaga y acabo de descubrir este foro,no sabía que en UK tuviera tanta repercusión este festival ,aunque la primera edición fue bastante importante y se hizo notar. Esperemos que en breve haya novedades,no es normal que 4 meses después no se sepa nada,algún motivo debe haber,no sé si será algún cambio de arcade fire como se dice por aquí,estaremos atentos,la semana que viene deberia haber novedades,todos los festivales de fechas similares han anunciado el lineup.

Perdonad por escribir en español,mi inglés es muy malo,pero si no me entendéis la próxima vez intentaré escribir inglés como pueda,saludos!

On 2/21/2023 at 4:08 PM, VCF said:

She’s too big for such a festival, and pretty sure Strokes / FATM / Arcade Fire are our 3 main headliners.

Simz to Paredes de Coura in mid-August. Does not seem to play any Spanish festival yet unless I’m missing one. She would be a wonderful addition.

Why not? She's playing Pukkelpop, Lowlands, Sziget, Rock en Seine, Leeds and Reading. It would fit her schedule

1 hour ago, KiKo47 said:

Why not? She's playing Pukkelpop, Lowlands, Sziget, Rock en Seine, Leeds and Reading. It would fit her schedule

As said before, she's too big. She's one of the biggest acts touring right now, bigger than any of the 3 headliners we have now.

Sziget moved the dates of the whole festival because of her - after they were published and tickets were being sold. Rock en Seine has a special day for her, with separate tickets and a day between her and the rest of the weekend. Pukkelpop, Lowlands and R&L are all way bigger and more established festivals than this. More expensive as well. Having her instead of any of our three headliners would be a huge get.

She would've already be announced too. Waiting for an announcement for so long is rarely a good sign, so I'd be careful with my expectations.

• Upvote 1

We finally booked yesterday, 6 of us making a small holiday out of it. Thankfully half my group aren’t fussed about who’s playing, so whatever’s going on with the festival isn’t bothering them at all.

On the other hand, I’m starting to think Arcade Fire have dropped out. Haven’t seen them since my first ever festival (Leeds 2010) so was looking forward to seeing them. 

Feel the festival is going to need a half decent announcement to come back from such a prolonged silence. 

Acts I’d love to see added; MGMT, LCD, Jungle, Young Fathers, YYY, M83, Jamiroquai, Ben Howard.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, josemalaga said:

Hola,soy un muchacho de Málaga y acabo de descubrir este foro,no sabía que en UK tuviera tanta repercusión este festival ,aunque la primera edición fue bastante importante y se hizo notar. Esperemos que en breve haya novedades,no es normal que 4 meses después no se sepa nada,algún motivo debe haber,no sé si será algún cambio de arcade fire como se dice por aquí,estaremos atentos,la semana que viene deberia haber novedades,todos los festivales de fechas similares han anunciado el lineup.

Perdonad por escribir en español,mi inglés es muy malo,pero si no me entendéis la próxima vez intentaré escribir inglés como pueda,saludos!

Are there any rumours or speculation from the Spanish forums or community which you have seen?

2 hours ago, Florence2010 said:

Are there any rumours or speculation from the Spanish forums or community which you have seen?

La verdad es que hay muchas ganas de otro avance de cartel desde hace muchas semanas,pero sabemos lo mismo que estoy leyendo por aquí.

Hace 8-9 días vi un vídeo del alcalde de Mijas y decía que en próximas semanas avanzaría el lineup, entendí el lineup completo,pero yo creo que no será completo,pero si casi completo.

La semana que viene deberia caer ...

On 3/18/2023 at 7:11 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

We finally booked yesterday, 6 of us making a small holiday out of it. Thankfully half my group aren’t fussed about who’s playing, so whatever’s going on with the festival isn’t bothering them at all.

On the other hand, I’m starting to think Arcade Fire have dropped out. Haven’t seen them since my first ever festival (Leeds 2010) so was looking forward to seeing them. 

Feel the festival is going to need a half decent announcement to come back from such a prolonged silence. 

Acts I’d love to see added; MGMT, LCD, Jungle, Young Fathers, YYY, M83, Jamiroquai, Ben Howard.

Il certainly be gutted if Arcade Fire have dropped out, as they were my main pull other than The Strokes.

Strange theyve left it so long without saying anything, in a way it makes me think theyre pulling out all the stops to get someone as big in, but i know there are limited amount of acts even on the circuit.

Id be more than happy with any of these aforementioned acts especially YYYs, LCD, Jamiroquai or Ben Howard.

At the same time im looking forward to a new festival and the good weather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

The silence is all a bit dispiriting. All we need now is for our favourite headliner to be replaced by Mumford and Sons.

Vilar de Mouros Festival here in Portugal and the Venoge festival in Switzerland which is just a week before Cala Mijas and they haven't announced anything so far, they usually announce it in December/January, is it a band that is about to announce a tour?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Vilar de Mouros Festival here in Portugal and the Venoge festival in Switzerland which is just a week before Cala Mijas and they haven't announced anything so far, they usually announce it in December/January, is it a band that is about to announce a tour?

Pode ser uma imagem de texto que diz "RAIFFEISEN Présente RENDEZ-VOUS LE 4 AVRIL À 9H00"

there is already white smoke

Honestly if Aphex Twin gets announced as replacement to Arcade Fire for both Cala Mijas or Kalorama I'll rip my hair out.  I've been campaigning to get Aphex Twin to the Electric Picnic since 2011, I started off with nearly a 1,000 in my group its now dwindled to about 600 odd people, so fingers fecking crossed he's at the Picnic this year.  Here's a link to my Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/306301782765054/

talking about bands that still haven't announced dates (but who probably will):

The Smile's North American Tour ends in late July. They'll probably announce late Summer European dates all at once... Strange if they won't be touring Europe.

Same with Paramore, touring America until early August, including many dates together with Foals.

10 minutes ago, Daniel Comino Royuela said:

It will be really great if Last Tour did sign M83 fot both BBK and CalaMijas (Kalorama as well).

Same with Phoenix.

We are in a loop here. Waiking up to “yeah, today will be the day” ending up at night with “well, nop, today was not the day”…

I think M83 will be in Cala Mijas but Phoenix will be in USA on those dates.

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

The Smile's North American Tour ends in late July. They'll probably announce late Summer European dates all at once... Strange if they won't be touring Europe.

Same with Paramore, touring America until early August, including many dates together with Foals.

I think The Smile will do a big European tour in the fall (just a guess). Maybe doing a few EU tests in 2024... 

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

The smile had a tour in Europe before heading to America, from that point of view The Cure also ended the tour in America on July 1st.

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Are The Smile even a good fit for this?

Not sure they would help to shift tickets much as the festival seems a bit more mainstream than, say, Bilbao BBK.

I think that both BBK and Cala Mijas are a bit mainstream. I think that they share the same type of audience. That said, probably The Smile would not help to shift sales, but would fit the lineup anyways.

Edited by MeMeMeM
Correction