Love Fields

drunk pumpkin

8 hours ago, drunk pumpkin said:

If anyone has experience of staying here could you share a review.

I'm only considering the un-furnished bell tent 

I just love the location and will consider it for next year.

Thanks in advance

Stayed there in 2017 and booked again for 2023. Personally, I thought it was worth every penny. Decent clean showers where we never queued once and the same for the toilets. Spotless. Lovely bars and places to eat. Very well organised and welcoming. A plus for me was being able to drive up to our allocated spot, unpack / pitch up and then park about 5 minutes walk from the car. Was handy being able to pop back and get bits. Very quiet and respectful at night as well. Lovely vibe and nice and the end of the evening when we headed back to be able to sit in / outside one of the bars with a lovely view of the festival lit up before getting a decent night's sleep. Also, even though it is actually classed as off site, as it's so close to Gate C, it is actually closer to the main entertainments than many of the camping fields within the site. From out tent to Acoustic Stage was about 5-10 minutes max. Not for everyone I know. But for me money well spent. Be quick though it sells out quick. 

Edited by LoveAndTheft
  • Upvote 2

On 11/7/2022 at 9:44 PM, LoveAndTheft said:

Very quiet and respectful at night as well. Lovely vibe and nice and the end of the evening when we headed back to be able to sit in / outside one of the bars with a lovely view of the festival lit up before getting a decent night's sleep.

?

Edited by Skip997

On 11/7/2022 at 1:28 PM, drunk pumpkin said:

If anyone has experience of staying here could you share a review.

I'm only considering the un-furnished bell tent 

I just love the location and will consider it for next year.

Thanks in advance

just be careful of the t&c's of your booking.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:44 PM, LoveAndTheft said:

Stayed there in 2017 and booked again for 2023. Personally, I thought it was worth every penny. Decent clean showers where we never queued once and the same for the toilets. Spotless. Lovely bars and places to eat. Very well organised and welcoming. A plus for me was being able to drive up to our allocated spot, unpack / pitch up and then park about 5 minutes walk from the car. Was handy being able to pop back and get bits. Very quiet and respectful at night as well. Lovely vibe and nice and the end of the evening when we headed back to be able to sit in / outside one of the bars with a lovely view of the festival lit up before getting a decent night's sleep. Also, even though it is actually classed as off site, as it's so close to Gate C, it is actually closer to the main entertainments than many of the camping fields within the site. From out tent to Acoustic Stage was about 5-10 minutes max. Not for everyone I know. But for me money well spent. Be quick though it sells out quick. 

Did you do the pitch your own? And there were bars etc around on the pitch your own? Seems to me like the bars are in the other area where they have the furnished bells etc 

9 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Did you do the pitch your own? And there were bars etc around on the pitch your own? Seems to me like the bars are in the other area where they have the furnished bells etc 

Yeah we did pitch your own. You can pay for Bell Tents etc. but silly money. Fact that you could drive up to your set pitch (very decent size) was a real bonus. There was decent sized covered bar / food place you could use which also had phone charging. Lovely to sit in first thing, enjoy a coffee / bit of breakfast and charge your phone. There was also a Cocktail Type bar where I recall they had comfy outdoor seating. Looking at their website it does seem there are separate bars for the Yurts / Bell Tents etc. but there were certainly places to eat / drink in the Pitch Your Own Area. In fact I just had a look at Love Fields website for Pitch Your Own and Pitch Your Own is in the Glastonbury Docks area. Website says about this area "includes phone charging, bars, eateries, live music and spa facilities".

Edited by LoveAndTheft
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, drunk pumpkin said:

does anyone have the t&c's to share?

i'm specifically talking about the cancellation terms, lovefield tried to charge the whole booking fee as cancelation fee when glasto was cancelled cos of covid.

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm specifically talking about the cancellation terms, lovefield tried to charge the whole booking fee as cancelation fee when glasto was cancelled cos of covid.

That's wrong! TBH what puts me off the most is the need to pay in full upfront via bank transfer! 

It just doesn't feel right

If i was confident of getting a bell tent at WV etc I'd wait  and see if that's possible

Question for anybody that is coming from the North and has stayed here before (or anywhere else that uses blue route)

It looks like you can join blue route from the North, from the A361 heading south down down Neat Lane and Copse Lane... 

Am I interpreting that correctly or do you need to drive down and access the blue route from the A37?

thumbnail_OFF-SITE_TRAFFIC_INFORMATION_MAP_2022_v3.jpg

11 hours ago, incident said:

Blue route is very strictly one way traffic. Until they reverse the flow on Sunday afternoon, you need to join from the A37.

Thanks, bit more of a faff to get to than Sticklinch then... 

Guessing it's pandemonium between 10 and 12 on Weds too??? 

Edited by Alvoram

15 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Thanks, bit more of a faff to get to than Sticklinch then... 

Guessing it's pandemonium between 10 and 12 on Weds too??? 

I wasnt really aware that Love Fields customers came in via Blue Route with CV East traffic (until I watched the video of someone driving in this year - still below exiting Pyle - but it makes sense..

I would say that more than 60% of CV East is occupied by Tuesday night though..

828858D5-0042-4B4A-914C-604EF6E149BD.png

16 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I wasnt really aware that Love Fields customers came in via Blue Route with CV East traffic (until I watched the video of someone driving in this year - still below exiting Pyle - but it makes sense..

I would say that more than 60% of CV East is occupied by Tuesday night though..

828858D5-0042-4B4A-914C-604EF6E149BD.png

Yeh, love fields is located between CVE and gates C & B so you're apparently given a 'blue route pass' 

1 minute ago, ShuMart said:

I assume you enter site through gate C. How long is the queue to get into site at say 11-12:00? From Campervan east it was as long as an hour some days. Love fields looked like they may join the queue at a different point tho.

You can enter through B or C, and actually depending what side of the PYO field you are, you may be closer to B... Looks like they put the Tipis / yurts on the field closest to C, and the campervans on the side of the PYO field closest to C. So I think most PYO tents will be better off entering for the first time through B, then using C later in the fest as it drops you into the action. But I could be wrong. 

2019 for example... 

PYO Tent field highlighted in BLUE
Route to gate B is in PINK
Route(s) to gate C in ORANGE

(They may make you use pedestrian routes to join the back of the zigzags for either of these entrances though, I dunno.) 

LoveFieldsRoutes.thumb.jpg.a565af0be84c8e42bb0f0ae8498d99ba.jpg

Don't think many will be entering from Love Fields that early though, can't get onto Love Fields to set up until 12:00... Will be at least 2 - 3pm in the afternoon before we've set up 2 big tents, made camp, and enter the fest. I can't imagine queues will still be bad at that time. Let's face it, if you're not there already in the morning / early afternoon, it's most likely because you have commitments on the Weds, and won't be arriving until Weds evening. (Like some of our group who have to work.) I mean, I've never done it from that side, so I'm just assuming here, but the roads around the festival were eerily quiet by 11am last year, we drove straight up to the Sticklinch gate without seeing any traffic at all. 

Having said that, if the fields are wet, and all of the campervans are getting stuck, all bets are off I guess?