Love Fields

drunk pumpkin

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Yeh, love fields is located between CVE and gates C & B so you're apparently given a 'blue route pass' 

You can enter through B or C, and actually depending what side of the PYO field you are, you may be closer to B... Looks like they put the Tipis / yurts on the field closest to C, and the campervans on the side of the PYO field closest to C. So I think most PYO tents will be better off entering for the first time through B, then using C later in the fest as it drops you into the action. But I could be wrong. 

2019 for example... 

PYO Tent field highlighted in BLUE
Route to gate B is in PINK
Route(s) to gate C in ORANGE

(They may make you use pedestrian routes to join the back of the zigzags for either of these entrances though, I dunno.) 

LoveFieldsRoutes.thumb.jpg.a565af0be84c8e42bb0f0ae8498d99ba.jpg

Don't think many will be entering from Love Fields that early though, can't get onto Love Fields to set up until 12:00... Will be at least 2 - 3pm in the afternoon before we've set up 2 big tents, made camp, and enter the fest. I can't imagine queues will still be bad at that time. Let's face it, if you're not there already in the morning / early afternoon, it's most likely because you have commitments on the Weds, and won't be arriving until Weds evening. (Like some of our group who have to work.) I mean, I've never done it from that side, so I'm just assuming here, but the roads around the festival were eerily quiet by 11am last year, we drove straight up to the Sticklinch gate without seeing any traffic at all. 

Having said that, if the fields are wet, and all of the campervans are getting stuck, all bets are off I guess?  

Thanks, looks like even if you enter through gate C you will be at the front of the queue anyway. Most of the time last year from campervan east was queueing down the side of the field through the zigzag barriers before we crossed the road to gate C.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:46 PM, BlueDaze said:

if you are keen to watch the Blue Route from A37 to CV Fields look here

Ive been that route 10 in a row until this year and I still watched the full 30 mins ! 

14 in a row for me but still enjoyed watching the excitement when arriving, it's magical! 

On 11/30/2022 at 12:03 PM, ShuMart said:

Thanks, looks like even if you enter through gate C you will be at the front of the queue anyway. Most of the time last year from campervan east was queueing down the side of the field through the zigzag barriers before we crossed the road to gate C.

I've never stayed this side of the festival. But I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that they'd make you walk to the back of queues? Do you think they'll let you queue jump just because you're coming from that side? I'm a rollercoaster enthusiast, not sure I'm comfortable with queue jumping... 😂

27 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I've never stayed this side of the festival. But I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that they'd make you walk to the back of queues? Do you think they'll let you queue jump just because you're coming from that side? I'm a rollercoaster enthusiast, not sure I'm comfortable with queue jumping... 😂

It's the nice side of the site, I stayed West last year for the first time, didn't like it as much as East. There's no queue jumping either. Pedestrians from the car parks get let in before the Cv people. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

It's the nice side of the site, I stayed West last year for the first time, didn't like it as much as East. There's no queue jumping either. Pedestrians from the car parks get let in before the Cv people. 

Oh OK, so there is just 2 different queues, that doesn't feel so bad. cheers. 👍

8 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Oh OK, so there is just 2 different queues, that doesn't feel so bad. cheers. 👍

2 queues that merge at the road before Gate C to form a single scrum through the gates…

be clear that there will many more people queuing from CV East than Love Fields

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I never thought their actual accommodation prices were that bad compared to other options with all things considered, like location etc. but their prices for pitch your own are truly mental. 

So even pitching your own tent is £750 for two people, but it’s £250 per extra person up to a maximum of four people, so am I right in saying that would cost £1250!!??

Edited by Jose Pose

On 1/18/2023 at 10:58 PM, Jose Pose said:

I never thought their actual accommodation prices were that bad compared to other options with all things considered, like location etc. but their prices for pitch your own are truly mental. 

So even pitching your own tent is £750 for two people, but it’s £250 per extra person up to a maximum of four people, so am I right in saying that would cost £1250!!??

Yep... 

You're not just paying for the pitch though, are you? Not really. You're paying for the nice toilets, nice hot showers, complimentary pamper tent, complimentary power / charging, parking (included) smack bang next to the field and being able to drive to your pitch to drop your gear off.

Then there's the fact that the field is in a great location, closer to the action than some of the on site camping fields and almost all of the campervan fields, but you don't have to queue overnight for a good pitch. You get a guarenteed almost 400 sq foot of space per tent, enough to pitch some pretty big tents, which of course you can bring with ease, because you can drive up to your pitch rather than carry your stuff. 

For us it was this or a tipi (£1500 + £110 parking.) But we decided to just get this booked and avoid the fight for tipis, plus have better facilities. 

Sticklinch was nice last year, but it, and WV are just too far out. Also, there's 6 of us, with a baby, so we'd decided against scout tents this time (although I'd highly reccomend them if you haven't got a baby.) Sticklinch's cheapest suitable options would have cost us £1750 plus £110 parking (£1860) for 2 bellpads and 2 cars. 

With Love Fields we paid £1750 for the 6 of us at the time, with 2 adjoining pitches for 2 large tents, and 2 cars. The only negative is we have to pitch our own tents. But I like my own camping setup, I've built it up over many years, and to be able to use it at glasto is not a negative for me, I'm over the moon about it. No way I'd take it on the main fields, it'd be too much to carry, we'd struggle to find space for it and if we did find space, I'd feel bad for using so much space. 

It's a lot of money, a hell of a lot, no denying that. But I don't think it's out of touch with other options, including on site options. For similar prices (in our circumstances at least) you're essentially trading having something pre erected, for having a better location, and the ability to bring your own setup (if like me, you see that as a huge advantage.) 

If you don't already own a good camping setup, that you'd rather use, then this probably isn't the option for you. |

It should also be noted that vans can have a hook up, which I don't think is available on site, haven't looked into it much though, as I don't have a van. If I did have a van, with it's own shower and off grid energy, I'd definitely NOT be parking it in Love Fields, unless I failed to get a regular CV pass. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 5:42 PM, Alvoram said:

Yep... 

You're not just paying for the pitch though, are you? Not really. You're paying for the nice toilets, nice hot showers, complimentary pamper tent, complimentary power / charging, parking (included) smack bang next to the field and being able to drive to your pitch to drop your gear off.

Then there's the fact that the field is in a great location, closer to the action than some of the on site camping fields and almost all of the campervan fields, but you don't have to queue overnight for a good pitch. You get a guarenteed almost 400 sq foot of space per tent, enough to pitch some pretty big tents, which of course you can bring with ease, because you can drive up to your pitch rather than carry your stuff. 

For us it was this or a tipi (£1500 + £110 parking.) But we decided to just get this booked and avoid the fight for tipis, plus have better facilities. 

Sticklinch was nice last year, but it, and WV are just too far out. Also, there's 6 of us, with a baby, so we'd decided against scout tents this time (although I'd highly reccomend them if you haven't got a baby.) Sticklinch's cheapest suitable options would have cost us £1750 plus £110 parking (£1860) for 2 bellpads and 2 cars. 

With Love Fields we paid £1750 for the 6 of us at the time, with 2 adjoining pitches for 2 large tents, and 2 cars. The only negative is we have to pitch our own tents. But I like my own camping setup, I've built it up over many years, and to be able to use it at glasto is not a negative for me, I'm over the moon about it. No way I'd take it on the main fields, it'd be too much to carry, we'd struggle to find space for it and if we did find space, I'd feel bad for using so much space. 

It's a lot of money, a hell of a lot, no denying that. But I don't think it's out of touch with other options, including on site options. For similar prices (in our circumstances at least) you're essentially trading having something pre erected, for having a better location, and the ability to bring your own setup (if like me, you see that as a huge advantage.) 

If you don't already own a good camping setup, that you'd rather use, then this probably isn't the option for you. |

It should also be noted that vans can have a hook up, which I don't think is available on site, haven't looked into it much though, as I don't have a van. If I did have a van, with it's own shower and off grid energy, I'd definitely NOT be parking it in Love Fields, unless I failed to get a regular CV pass. 

I stayed at love fields one year so I’m aware of the benefits, they just aren’t benefits that make the money worthwhile to me, and when I stayed there it was in a furnished structure, I didn’t have to provide all of my own equipment.

Camping really isn’t that bad, you can take as big a tent as you want and so can your friends. It’s also free. Toilets are readily available and it’s easy to keep clean. 

I personally see more value in glamping options where you are at least provided with some accommodation, rather than a patch of grass which you can get for free the other side of the fence, but each to their own of course.