Friend is adamant to stay Tangerine Fields? Is it worth it?

TGCarr

I ain't truly fussed where we stay, but a friend is somewhat wanting to stay Tangerine Fields.

Is it worth the price? Also how long does it take to get to the festival gates etc closest. Which would would that be, Mary's Gate? I don't have a clue how it works!

If anyone has any photos of the area that would be lovely as well! Any help would be grand!

Edited by TGCarr

Had one friend stay there this year and said it was a bit of a walk but they had everything you needed. So you couldnt really go back to your tent after you left cause it would be a big pain. I guess its to save the hassle of booking worthy view ya know. Friendly staff, all the facilities and such.

Edited by Suprefan

20 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Had one friend stay there this year and said it was a bit of a walk but they had everything you needed. So you couldnt really go back to your tent after you left cause it would be a big pain. I guess its to save the hassle of booking worthy view ya know. Friendly staff, all the facilities and such.

Thanks for that mate, I read the walk's a little long (can't be as bad as Tomorrowlands 30/45min)

Worthy View on the actual grounds etc? I'm kinda looking forward to "glamping" 

Just piggybacking on this for some chat around..

tangerine fields vs worthy view vs sticklinch?

i've stayed in tangerine fields a few times and i think the area is great, but it is an absolute trek! even from the first moment stepping off the coach and walking to the opposite side of the site 😄

i'm edging towards sticklinch at the moment as it looks well located and isn't up a massive hill (and quite close to coach drop-off too).. but interested in hearing all the different pros and cons!

does wv/sl have plenty of showers? do they sell good airbeds with the tents? when do they go on sale and what is the price?

thanks!

I stayed at tangerine once and it too much of a walk. Then did pitch your own lovefields, closer to the areas I like than on site but pitch your own and costly. I did sticklinch last year. Not enough showers. Hopefully they will put on more this year as it was their first time last year. Walk was OK unless you caught the arcadia traffic. If money is not an issue campervan/pre erected at lovefields. Hot showers, flushing toilets so close to gate c. But the convenience comes at a big cost. Have campervanned at East fields. That was very good

Thank you everyone that helped!

the walk doesn’t worry me at all, Tomorrowland sounds to have a very similar walking length to Tangerine! About 30/40 and somewhat far from the actual stages etc!

thank you all! I just cannot wait to fucking get there already 

Depends how deep your pockets are and how much 'hassle' you want to pay to be taken away.

I've only been to 'the farm' twice. 2019 and this year.

2019 i paid for Love Fields. Really close to the action. Worth every penny. I say that, but I missed almost 2 full days due to 'over partying' on the thurs. 

This year we were in 'ziggucamp' but then won tickets for a fancy glamping at Portobello farm. Really close to Ziggu. 

Tbh it was a schlep in (maybe 30mins) once they'd dropped you at the pedestrian gate (which I can;t remember). BUT I'D have noe hesitation about doing the same again. 

Pondering a 'motorhome' thingy....

Hi....we've done TF about 6 times now and love it. They have their own car park in the adjacent field so it's a 2 minute walk between car/tent...and leaving on Monday is a doddle as you get directed out through a different route to the main East parking.  Loads of toilets and showers which are generally clean all weekend, and a block of flushers in the first field too. Couple of food trucks and a bar on site, plus phone charging points and hairdryers etc. Great staff who will help with your gear if you need it. 

So the walk....nearest gate is B....about 3 mins if you use the cut through and walk down the field alongside the fence to Gate B....then about 10 mins amble from there to Pyramid or down Muddy Lane to Williams Green. All downhill on the way in, so naturally uphill on way back. As regards returning during the day, it's really not too much to do unless you have a really packed schedule. We're in our late 50's and we generally do an afternoon trip back to get evening kit most days. We've done Worthy View a few years back and for us the longer but less steep walk to TF is a better option. 

I'm biased obvs but it suits us perfectly and have no complaints at all. 

Note that the 4 man tent option has already sold out since this morning though - so they must be doing something right. 

4 hours ago, TGCarr said:

I ain't truly fussed where we stay, but a friend is somewhat wanting to stay Tangerine Fields.

Is it worth the price? Also how long does it take to get to the festival gates etc closest. Which would would that be, Mary's Gate? I don't have a clue how it works!

If anyone has any photos of the area that would be lovely as well! Any help would be grand!

Uh oh...

Edited by Superscally

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hi....we've done TF about 6 times now and love it. They have their own car park in the adjacent field so it's a 2 minute walk between car/tent...and leaving on Monday is a doddle as you get directed out through a different route to the main East parking.  Loads of toilets and showers which are generally clean all weekend, and a block of flushers in the first field too. Couple of food trucks and a bar on site, plus phone charging points and hairdryers etc. Great staff who will help with your gear if you need it. 

So the walk....nearest gate is B....about 3 mins if you use the cut through and walk down the field alongside the fence to Gate B....then about 10 mins amble from there to Pyramid or down Muddy Lane to Williams Green. All downhill on the way in, so naturally uphill on way back. As regards returning during the day, it's really not too much to do unless you have a really packed schedule. We're in our late 50's and we generally do an afternoon trip back to get evening kit most days. We've done Worthy View a few years back and for us the longer but less steep walk to TF is a better option. 

Note that the 4 man tent option has already sold out since this morning though - so they must be doing something right. 

That's cos you're a ball of energy dude!!! That walk is your warm up. Its just toooooo far. I realise the irony in this...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Sticklinch also has clean and well looked after flushing loos, flat walk, you pass the Co op on the way, car park next door and I believe some folks can help with gear but tbh I never asked. 

Just adding to Parsonjack's comments ref Tangerine -Car park literally over the road, friendly staff that will help you unload  . Showers cleaned every day. Loads of toilets including flushing, and all are cleaned once a day.. Bar on site as well as coffee & food. Walk you get used to and it doesnt take long to get to the key stages . We usually go back mid afternoon for a shower and then back down for afternoon / evening events. The best bit is the view in the first field which you can see the festival (and hear it)-Brilliant. Just booked our tent and this will be our 9th year

• Like 2

10 hours ago, parsonjack said:

The walk doesnt worry me at all which people seem to put a lot of dread into it!

Tomorrowland is very similar and I've done it in 39degrees heat431c9c9e64b0e45bf6b50d235156b476.jpg

Which also ahs the same go through security each day mlarky!

Thanks for the advice, We'll go with TF. Kinda nice to just rock up without a tent and just enjoy!

Annoying after toying with the idea we wanted the 4man, settled for 2's

Edited by TGCarr

21 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Hey mate forgot to ask.

collecting tickets on the day, can you do it at TF? Or would you have to go somewhere else prior to?  Sounds random I know 

23 minutes ago, franathy said:

Does anyone know how far away TF is from the Oxfam campsite? Or am I wrong in thinking they are vaguely near each other? I stayed in Oxfam in 2019 and found the walk fine. 

They're pretty close.

Go out of Gate B, and turn left for TF or straight on for Oxfam. They're both about the same distance from the Gate, although there'll be more of a hill on the walk to TF if that's a factor.

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

Hey mate forgot to ask.

collecting tickets on the day, can you do it at TF? Or would you have to go somewhere else prior to?  Sounds random I know 

No worries....I seem to remember there may be a collection point in a portakabin at Gate B where you could collect your tickets.  Pretty sure you'll not be able to do it at TF camp itself, but Gate B is literally 3 mins away.