Didn’t get Glastonbury tickets, where are you going instead?

Mr Boo

Last year we went to Madcool and End of the Road festivals (both great).
After today’s Glastonbury ticket disappointment, we are going to go to Isle of Wright festival instead- Pulp, Blondie will be highlights for me and lots for the rest of the family 😊

I've done Green Man for several years but missed out of tickets last year.  This year I've managed to get them so that will be my festival of choice.  Decided to pass on Glastonbury for next year after more than 20 years as it was so rammed.  For me Green Man has all the best bits of Glasto without the crowds and hassle.

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t give up yet, there’s still the resale 

I used to go for the resales, but I find the uncertainty too stressful. Now if I don’t get the tickets in the main sales, I save myself extra stress and book a different festival. Instead of being stressed and sad I didn’t get Glastonbury tickets, I start getting excited about the festival I am going to instead.
There was a time, when I would continue to try to get tickets until the bitter end, but now I prefer to give up, I find it is better for my mental health.
Those of you continuing the good fight, your ticket resale resilience is stronger than mine at this point, so good luck and I wish you well 👍

Personally I’m looking forward to spending a lovely weekend at the Isle of Wright festival with my family, my best mate and Pulp 😊

Edited by Mr Boo
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

I used to go for the resales, but I find the uncertainty too stressful. Now if I don’t get the tickets in the main sales, I save myself extra stress and book a different festival. Instead of being stressed and sad I didn’t get Glastonbury tickets, I start getting excited about the festival I am going to instead.
There was a time, when I would continue to try to get tickets until the bitter end, but now I prefer to give up, I find it is better for my mental health.
Those of you continuing the good fight, your ticket resale resilience is stronger than mine at this point, so good luck and I wish you well 👍

Personally I’m looking forward to spending a lovely weekend at the Isle of Wright festival with my family, my best mate and Pulp 😊

I can understand that but I’ve twice went for the resales recently and both times succeeded. Folk on here did well this year. I would also suggest there might be quite a few back in the pot for 2023. Anyway it’s all personal choice and at least you won’t have that winter of discontent wondering if you are getting on the farm. Only did IOW once and enjoyed it. 

• Upvote 1