Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Elton’s hip is a replacement, he’ll be bouncing around like a young un. Dancing on the piano and jiving to croc rock 

Doesn't he compensate for his lack of mobility these days with a motorised piano that randomly roams the stage? Seen videos of him rolling about in a similar sort of pattern to me pissed looking for my mates at the festival

Edited by FrancisH

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think they are the right amount of certainty for TBC there’s just some curveballs being thrown around. 

But there are always curveballs.  It's January, long way to go and my experience of previous years is some of the curveballs supersede the TBCs.  So early still, and so many things that will be about in June that aren't on our radars yet, despite best efforts. 

Today alone seems to have brought Foos and U2. 

TBC is usually the information from sources that are 'usually' good and that sit well alongside other things that we're maybe already hearing.  Doesn't mean that the guy who knew about Blur playing Wembley isn't capable of saying 4/5 things each year that only 2/3 turning out to be true.  TBC is likely, not much more than that though until it happens.

Ohhh FFS I really can't keep up in here....

Let's summarise the last 24 hours in this thread:

One minute it's GnR and AM for sure, enough to make them TBC

Next minute the TBC was only made in error, and will be changed. Potential U2 and FF curveballs.

Now the information is as good as it gets. (And I presume they will remain as TBC?) 

So is the tl;dr "Nobody knows, just wait and see???"

5 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Doesn't mean that the guy who knew about Blur playing Wembley isn't capable of saying 4/5 things each year that only 2/3 turning out to be true.  TBC is likely, not much more than that though until it happens.

he normally tells me, ten or fifteen acts each year and every year they all turn out to be true. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Ohhh FFS I really can't keep up in here....

Let's summarise the last 24 hours in this thread:

One minute it's GnR and AM for sure, enough to make them TBC

Next minute the TBC was only made in error, and will be changed. Potential U2 and FF curveballs.

Now the information is as good as it gets. (And I presume they will remain as TBC?) 

So is the tl;dr "Nobody knows, just wait and see???"

Welcome to the jungle

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Next minute the TBC was only made in error, and will be changed.

that was said in error cos thewayiam was being his normal twattish-self

Edited by Neil

I’m not sure how many more times this needs to be said, surely the fact Foos played TWO festivals ago is enough for anyone with half a brain cell to rule them out and naturally place the current TBCs ahead of them?

We've had no festivals in three separate years since they last played so have a decent backlog of other acts who are far more suitable, plus there is a distinct lack of female headliners amongst any possible rumoured acts, I’m struggling to contemplate what needs to have happened in the world for Emily to be picking up the phone to them all things considered.

There is no credible source for them other than people simply willing them to be playing instead of GnR, If you’re giving Foos any sort of credibility as a potential headliner ahead of any of the current TBCs you’re doing so on the basis of a couple of people on the internet wanting it to happen, whilst at the same time ignoring all logic and reason.

They could of course be a secret set, but all that does is cast further doubt on any semblance of them being rumoured to headline being from any sort of credible source, because it just makes it highly likely said source has got their wires crossed.

Edited by Jose Pose

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

joey T is a credible source .

4 minutes ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Joey T usually a good source.

“GnR makes most sense if the final slot is a shootout between them and Foo’s and to be honest up until yesterday there was nothing to suggest Foo’s were even active this year but having said that it does put them slightly back in to the picture especially given I was told back in December they were going to be at the festival & that came from the same place I had the AM tour info / venues from (which turned out to be correct)”

Yes, and he himself just a page back says nothing about them headlining and that up until yesterday there was nothing to suggest it was correct, he also still puts GnR ahead of them.

What am I missing??

Edited by Jose Pose

To play devil's advocate, I think the "two festivals ago" thing doesn't really hold any water at all when the reality is it was 6 years ago. This isn't Download where anyone can go any year, this is the lottery festival where somebody can be SOOL annually. Coldplay have played 6 years or less apart three separate times

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

To play devil's advocate, I think the "two festivals ago" thing doesn't really hold any water at all when the reality is it was 6 years ago. This isn't Download where anyone can go any year, this is the lottery festival where somebody can be SOOL annually. Coldplay have played 6 years or less apart three separate times

Why didn’t they just rebook the 2019 headliners for 2022 then given it was a three year gap.

The lack of festivals between when they last headlined is more reason not to revisit an act sooner, as there is a backlog of acts who otherwise might have played.

1 minute ago, adcarr_ said:

This is my first year going to glasto so naturally my first year closely following this forum. Is it normally this chaotic? 🤣

Bizarrely this feels like the most contentious set of headliners we've had on here that I can remember (presuming it's AM/GNR/REG). Normally it's much more settled/much less acrimonious than this. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

“GnR makes most sense if the final slot is a shootout between them and Foo’s and to be honest up until yesterday there was nothing to suggest Foo’s were even active this year but having said that it does put them slightly back in to the picture especially given I was told back in December they were going to be at the festival & that came from the same place I had the AM tour info / venues from (which turned out to be correct)”

Yes, and he himself just a page back says nothing about them headlining and that up until yesterday there was nothing to suggest it was correct, he also still puts GnR ahead of them.

What am I missing??

So you were told Jose Pose that FF will be at the festival but you are doubting that FF will actually be there Jose Pose? 

What you got against joey T? 

1 minute ago, adcarr_ said:

This is my first year going to glasto so naturally my first year closely following this forum. Is it normally this chaotic? 🤣

yep, its quite locked this year - usually way more all over the place

everyone just doubts themself / try wish other people into existence