2024 Headliners

Stevie Nick is headliner material I'm telling you all. We need more female heritage acts and she is one of them. 

She's equivalent to Neil Young - a widely known and successful solo artist and member of a mega group. 

If you think Kate Bush would headline, so can Stevie Nicks. End of.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wrongturn said:

Stevie Nick is headliner material I'm telling you all. We need more female heritage acts and she is one of them. 

She's equivalent to Neil Young - a widely known and successful solo artist and member of a mega group. 

Name 3 of her solo songs without looking.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, smogo said:

Has nobody suggested Kylie as a headliner yet? She's had a stormer of a year, she's doing a BST Hyde Park show, and she was supposed to headline the Pyramint several years ago.

Originally due to headline the pyramid in 2005 I think. She played a very well received legend slot in 2019, it was a lot of fun.  Would be something which hasn't happened before to go from legend slot to headliner.

3 minutes ago, wrongturn said:

Will respectfully disagree. Nicks as a solo artist never remotely got near the level of joy she enjoyed with Fleetwood Mac, at least to a British audience. Young conversely arguably eclipsed his band work when he went solo over here, if we're talking both Buffalo Springfield and CSNY.

Kate Bush, conversely, has a string of big hits to her name - Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)Wuthering HeightsBabooshkaHounds of LoveThe Man With the Child In His EyesCloudbustingThis Woman's Work and Don't Give Up. Your only SN solo track with serious traction here would be Edge of Seventeen.

Bush won't headline in a month of Sundays, of course.

• Like 1

I see no reason why Stevie Nicks cant headline other than whether she wants to do it or not.

Fleetwood Mac have a cross generational appeal like very few acts have. Her setlist from a couple days ago. Throw in a couple more Fleetwood Mac covers into a Glastonbury set and the sing along would go down a storm (pun intended)

image.thumb.png.cbc08e7cc8a40bc0bb9155b9f9a56ba7.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Name 3 of her solo songs without looking.

Is that fair though?

If she brings a decent chunk of FM stuff (by which I mean, more than her recent tour setlist) then all is good.

Macca never would have headlined based on his solo work (or even solo+wings).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That Legend Slot was a genuine Headliner equivalent and it's *really* fresh in people's minds.

I know what you mean, but it was very different from her actual headlining shows. It was a lot more relaxed and less of a spectacle (and not nearly as good).

25 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Stevie doesn't overly surprise me, I know she's separate from Fleetwood Mac but when I saw them at Wembley in '19 she had an extremely diverse crowd. Me and my friends had Dads in front of us, middle aged women to one side and then witchy girls to the other side. She's very well respected and both her's and FM's music is loved till this day.

I know why she won't but if she played, Go Your Own Way, I'd be all for it. As a legend option then that's fine.

Just now, smogo said:

I know what you mean, but it was very different from her actual headlining shows. It was a lot more relaxed and less of a spectacle (and not nearly as good).

I'd argue that the fact it was so relaxed is exactly what made it.

Put her as a headliner, only 5 years later, and she gets a smaller crowd with far higher "go on, entertain me then" expectations.

Just now, incident said:

Is that fair though?

If she brings a decent chunk of FM stuff (by which I mean, more than her recent tour setlist) then all is good.

But she plays festivals a lot and seems to stick to a standard setlist more or less. No reason to see why she'd change that up for the G.

As it is, she sticks to 4 or 5 FM bangers and the rest is pretty hit and miss.  

The only one of her really big FM songs she doesn't do is Sara. Not like she's about to start doing Christine or Lindsey's songs.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

But she plays festivals a lot and seems to stick to a standard setlist more or less. No reason to see why she'd change that up for the G.

As it is, she sticks to 4 or 5 FM bangers and the rest is pretty hit and miss.  

The only one of her really big FM songs she doesn't do is Sara. Not like she's about to start doing Christine or Lindsey's songs.

Yeah, in that case, I have to think it wouldn't go over all that well.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Will respectfully disagree. Nicks as a solo artist never remotely got near the level of joy she enjoyed with Fleetwood Mac, at least to a British audience. Young conversely arguably eclipsed his band work when he went solo over here, if we're talking both Buffalo Springfield and CSNY.

Kate Bush, conversely, has a string of big hits to her name - Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)Wuthering HeightsBabooshkaHounds of LoveThe Man With the Child In His EyesCloudbustingThis Woman's Work and Don't Give Up. Your only SN solo track with serious traction here would be Edge of Seventeen.

Bush won't headline in a month of Sundays, of course.

TBH I do accept this. Another counter to my point is Robert Plant, who was in an afternoon slot on the Pyramid last time he played solo.

I suppose I'm just trying to push some decent heritage female acts. And Nicks does have a lot of Fleetwood tracks she can pull on plus a special guest to two!

2 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I see no reason why Stevie Nicks cant headline other than whether she wants to do it or not.

Fleetwood Mac have a cross generational appeal like very few acts have. Her setlist from a couple days ago. Throw in a couple more Fleetwood Mac covers into a Glastonbury set and the sing along would go down a storm (pun intended)

image.thumb.png.cbc08e7cc8a40bc0bb9155b9f9a56ba7.png

There's some absolute tunes on there, won't argue against it, but there's nearly half-a-dozen that would draw a blank. Outside the RainIf Anyone FallsFall From GraceWild HeartSoldier's Angel and New Orleans might be duds with a Pyramid crowd in the top slot.

Just now, wrongturn said:

TBH I do accept this. Another counter to my point is Robert Plant, who was in an afternoon slot on the Pyramid last time he played solo.

I suppose I'm just trying to push some decent heritage female acts. And Nicks does have a lot of Fleetwood tracks she can pull on plus a special guest to two!

Oh, absolutely. We have a lack of depth for that area, and I would certainly like to try and push a few more up.

I'll be curious to see how she sells at BST. It could go fast, or it could be a bomb.

24 minutes ago, incident said:

Is that fair though?

So should Noel G have headlined too?

2 hours ago, jackslas said:

Madonna is about to be announced as a headliner at Rock in Rio in September. Does this give any weight to her potentially headlining Glasto? 

I’m still up here on Madonna Hill, enjoying the view today. No deaths to report on the hill so far. 

@Dreamingofsunnydays😂

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

So should Noel G have headlined too?

No? Nobody* is interested in seeing him solo.

Whereas those poll results suggest the interest for Stevie Nicks is definitely there, regardless of whether it's justified or not.

*well, someone must be, but you know what I mean.

• Upvote 1