2024 Headliners

10 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Take this with as much salt as you like, but I've heard from my mate that works in gigs that Madonna is completely off the table now.

Not sure how much I personally believe it, but thought it worth sharing.

Would definately shake things up … interesting to see if the bst appearance comes off 

38 minutes ago, ara88 said:

How about Metallica? They are touring Europe next year and they have a gap in their tour dates during glasto…

(sorry if they were already mentioned, can barely keep up with the forum😅)

I’m an advocate for this. But given the headliners seem pretty sorted the consensus around here is that perhaps they will do a Churnups like secret set.

Edited by Mark H

6 hours ago, K2SO said:

Take this with as much salt as you like, but I've heard from my mate that works in gigs that Madonna is completely off the table now.

If this is true - and why not - then who  was Emily talking about as a late breaking woman headliner that we’d all understand about? Beyoncé? Or was it really about the legend slot and it was Stevie Nicks?

6 hours ago, K2SO said:

Interesting, if a little surprising. Wonder if it is a Prince-esque situation where leaks have either spooked her or has returned her price to higher levels.

33 minutes ago, Drinky said:

If this is true - and why not - then who  was Emily talking about as a late breaking woman headliner that we’d all understand about? Beyoncé? Or was it really about the legend slot and it was Stevie Nicks?

She didn't say the late phone call was female, just big and American.

40 minutes ago, incident said:

She didn't say the late phone call was female, just big and American.

Didn't she also caveat that negotiations were ongoing with said big and American artist? I thought that was in part why we had our brief moment of chatter about Bruce Springsteen.

To be honest, they might not be the most boundary-pushing pick, but if Dua Lipa and Coldplay are both locked up, I'd rather them take the extortionate fee they would have paid Madonna and spread it around the rest of the bill. Book Olivia Rodrigo, or Dave, or Sam Fender, or The 1975.

17 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Billy Bragg aside, how many acts have made consecutive appearances over the years, discounting guest spots and secret slots as such?

off the top of my head(are probably correct might be wrong)....

nick warren / way out west

dreadzone

bub pistols/ barry ashworth

steve hillage / system 7 / mirror system

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

She's know Many of Horror, I'm sure. You might have to explain it was a hit first for Matt Cardle from The X Factor, mind you 😉

Ok. It sounds like we have ticked the boxes here. I’ll consent to this supergroup headline performance.

unless….

Are they even playing festivals? Would they be able to make their production fit?

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not much chance, no.

So sad... I hope Pearl Jam then... I was hoping for a full act from Foo Fighters. My wife would love to see Taylor Swift , could she cancel Dublin to come with her Private Jet to player for her? 🙂 haha

Edited by IBCanon

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Didn't she also caveat that negotiations were ongoing with said big and American artist? I thought that was in part why we had our brief moment of chatter about Bruce Springsteen.

Not sure whether she specifically said it or not.. But yeah given that the call happened "a week" before she gave the interview, I've always assumed that talks would've been ongoing at that point, rather than a contract signed - just on the basis that a week wasn't a lot of time for something like that to be fully firmed up.

• Upvote 1