2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Didn't know. Don't know the song. Doesn't that say everything about how irrelevant the single charts have become though? 

That style of music does absolutely nothing for me though tbf. 

It's also #1 on Spotify.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-and-central-cee-sprinter-is-spotify-uk-most-streamed-song-in-a-single-day-in-2023-so-far-3452500

This week, it was confirmed that ‘Sprinter’ became Spotify UK’s most streamed song in a single day in 2023 so far. Currently, the track has amassed more than 20 million streams in just under five days. The track also broke the record for the most streamed hip-hop song in the UK in a single day in Spotify history.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's also #1 on Spotify.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-and-central-cee-sprinter-is-spotify-uk-most-streamed-song-in-a-single-day-in-2023-so-far-3452500

This week, it was confirmed that ‘Sprinter’ became Spotify UK’s most streamed song in a single day in 2023 so far. Currently, the track has amassed more than 20 million streams in just under five days. The track also broke the record for the most streamed hip-hop song in the UK in a single day in Spotify history.

Maybe I'm just getting old then. To me it's absolute shite on a stick.

Just a guy talking over pre recorded music mostly. If that is now what is worthy of Glasto headline act then my word I might need to pack it all in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yip

Doubt you'd be listening to it if you were nearly 40 though and brought up on Macca Jagger, Bruce etc

Definitely seems like it's one for you young ones then. I'd 1000% be elsewhere in the festival whenever he ever plays again. Probably like everyone else who is over 30-35 would be. 

8 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Just a guy talking over pre recorded music mostly. If that is now what is worthy of Glasto headline act then my word I might need to pack it all in. 

you sound like my parents talking about rap back in the day

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm nearly 50

And you listen to Dave? Fair play.....

It's not for me. 

3 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

you sound like my parents talking about rap back in the day

Never been a fan of rap really either. Don't find it entertaining. I like to listen to instruments and watch a band live. Nothing will ever beat that for me. 

Tried to enjoy Jay Z, Kanye and Kendrick.....didn't land with me at all. I just don't get it and I suppose never will. 

11 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

You must like some rap from 70s/80s/90s tho, Grandmaster Flash? Run DMC? Slick Rick?

I love hip-hop but I'm not a really big fan of Central Cee either.

19 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

efestivals really loves Little Simz. There is no way she's headlining Glasto ever, sorry to say

Yeah I agree. Think she’ll get a Pyramid slot in the next couple of years, maybe fourth down, and that’ll be her peak in terms of Glastonbury. 

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

You must like some rap from 70s/80s/90s tho, Grandmaster Flash? Run DMC? Slick Rick?

I love hip-hop but I'm not a really big fan of Central Cee either.

Not really mate tbh. I know a few of the classics from a little later on from likes of Biggie and 2Pac etc but it's just not my style of music at all. 

Closest I ever got with hip-hop / rap was early Eminem when he was literally everywhere and even that didn't last for me. 

Give me a great band playing live over any hip hop act any day of the week. 

5 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Not really mate tbh. I know a few of the classics from a little later on from likes of Biggie and 2Pac etc but it's just not my style of music at all. 

Closest I ever got with hip-hop / rap was early Eminem when he was literally everywhere and even that didn't last for me. 

Give me a great band playing live over any hip hop act any day of the week. 

Fair play. The Pyramid trio isn't ever going to please everyone, and tbh, that's the way it should be. If you spend each night at the Pyramid for the headliners, you miss out on some really great alternative headliner slots. It was a bit out of character that I was there two out of the three nights this year, but never had any interest in seeing Arctics. Hot Chip were absolutely blindin'.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Simz did herself absolutey no favours by stealth dropping the follow up to SIMBI rugt before Christmas.

The thud it landed with still reverberates through East London.

Yes it did - but I understood it to be more of a mixtape type deal rather than the follow up proper.