2024 Headliners

4 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

When Swift was signed to do it in 2020 it was part of a run of festival shows. I reckon she’ll rinse the eras stadium spectacular for all it’s worth next year then a specially co figured festival run in 2025, at which point I’ll be amazed if she doesn’t do Glastonbury. 

This. All of her quotes about the cancelled 2020 festival shows referred to them collectively - she was looking forward to doing The Festivals, including Glastonbury. If they want to get her for next year, Emily will need to convince her of just how exceptional Glastonbury is… it’s a tall order to try and get a bespoke show carved out of what is likely to be one of the all time highest grossing tours.

2 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Could have some very late kickoffs if England qualify and play in Seattle/Vancouver - I’d be bang up for some 5am action on the pyramid

i'm sure that would cause some interesting license chat, just imagining being woke up to screams of a goal 🤣

7 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Literally don't get the Taylor Swift hype at all... I use her songs for teaching 6 year olds in their singing lessons but that's about it. Totally cringe, I won't be there if she does but know it'll happen at some point

Similar. I think I need to listen to her as reading this forum, I’m missing out. Not denying her star power. She’s headliner size, I’m just missing something 

4 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Similar. I think I need to listen to her as reading this forum, I’m missing out. Not denying her star power. She’s headliner size, I’m just missing something 

Yep don't doubt she'd have to headline. But still makes me shudder. If I got caught there at least I'd know all the words

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Literally don't get the Taylor Swift hype at all... I use her songs for teaching 6 year olds in their singing lessons but that's about it. Totally cringe, I won't be there if she does but know it'll happen at some point

59 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

You guys are me before she got announced for 2020, at which point I properly listened. Revelation doesn’t even cover it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Yep don't doubt she'd have to headline. But still makes me shudder. If I got caught there at least I'd know all the words

(Raised eyebrow quizzically)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/why-taylor-swift-is-a-literary-giant-by-a-shakespeare-professor-3fmh269bt

https://theconversation.com/why-i-teach-a-course-connecting-taylor-swifts-songs-to-the-works-of-shakespeare-hitchcock-and-plath-194120

37 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

You guys are me before she got announced for 2020, at which point I properly listened. Revelation doesn’t even cover it.

Agreed - was underwhelmed when she got announced in 2020 and the missus (huge Swiftie) took it as an opportunity to take me through her back catalogue. Blown away, majority of songs you hear from Taylor that gets radio time are her worst - extremely talented and genuinely great artist. Probably my most listened to artist on Spotify this year now.

40 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Sorry, you're not going to convince me on this. I can appreciate lyrics, I like her as a person, love that she's a grafter and so passionate. Same as Ed Sheeran...just don't like her music 🤷🏼‍♀️ wish I did 

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

10 hours ago, august1 said:

still no idea on next fallow year? I remember the council and festival having different ideas on it..

Smartest move is 2026 just to be free for the world cup. You will have had 5 festivals despite the 2 years off and the previous fallow. They cant go the entire decade without one.  

Keep seeing Blur, Pulp and Depeche Mode being mentioned but I cannot see any of them headlining as, by this time next year, they very likely won't be touring.  Also, I get the impression Depeche are not overtly bothered about headlining Glastonbury.

And on the subject of Swift, attempted to take The Eras Tour and parse it down to what could be a festival run version, though not convinced she wouldn't just play most of it:

1 Cruel Summer
2 The Man
3 You Belong With Me
4 Love Story
5 Willow
6 Champagne Problems
7 ...Ready for It?
8 Look What You Made Me Do
9 22
10 I Knew You Were Trouble
11 All Too Well
12 The 1
13 Exile (with Bon Iver)
14 Cardigan
15 Blank Space
16 Shake It Off
17 Bad Blood
18 Anti-Hero
19 Mastermind
20 Karma
21 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Would be great if she could bin off all the folklore stuff and fill the set with massive bangers instead 

Wish she could’ve done 2020 before releasing all of that. I like it on record but would be boring live

Give me confetti, streamers and fireworks

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Would be great if she could bin off all the folklore stuff and fill the set with massive bangers instead 

Wish she could’ve done 2020 before releasing all of that. I like it on record but would be boring live

Give me confetti, streamers and fireworks

I'd rather a Folklore set - but everybody has different opinions, and that's a good thing. Anyway, as said by others I can't see her doing it. She'll rinse the stadiums before touching ANY festivals.

21 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

And on the subject of Swift, attempted to take The Eras Tour and parse it down to what could be a festival run version, though not convinced she wouldn't just play most of it:

1 Cruel Summer
2 The Man
3 You Belong With Me
4 Love Story
5 Willow
6 Champagne Problems
7 ...Ready for It?
8 Look What You Made Me Do
9 22
10 I Knew You Were Trouble
11 All Too Well
12 The 1
13 Exile (with Bon Iver)
14 Cardigan
15 Blank Space
16 Shake It Off
17 Bad Blood
18 Anti-Hero
19 Mastermind
20 Karma
21 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Looks pretty realistic. Although if we can’t have a special Folklore section then we can at least swap Cardigan and The 1 out for Mirrorball/August/This Is Me Trying/Illicit Affairs/Invisible String, please.

Also swap Willow, Ready For It, LWYMMD, Bad Blood and Karma out for Ivy, Delicate, Don’t Blame Me, Style and Labyrinth/You’re On Your Own Kid respectively. 

Also an encore of The Lakes please thank you. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

8 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

What about Elton not mentioning Doola Peep on stage by name? Or not having her as a guest when she seems an obvious shout? Reckon there's beef or is she keeping her powder dry?

I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this but it must be the latter. Keeping her El Pointo debut for her own set