Finsbury Park 2023

gfa

9 hours ago, Lickle Pickle said:

Any news on how they are policing the front this year? Golden circle with wristbands?

I saw it mentioned above that there were gates which were closed when it reached capacity last year? Did that mean if you went to the loo/bar you weren’t allowed back in?

Last year for Sam Fender and George Ezra, pit / golden circle was 1 in 1 out. Earlier in the day this is open and accessible but from end of last support act (e.g. today = idles) it was limited re-access and you just had to wait until capacity was available to re-enter. There are no toilets or bars in the pit / golden circle area, so you have to leave the area for either and chance your arm getting back in. Difficult one when you have a group of you in the pit and you want to go to the toilet, but that’s what the setup is. 

Reality is if you leave just before or during headliner, you might have to wait for a little while to get back in to the pit if your group are there.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ell99 said:

anyone know if any free/cheap tickets are going to pop up for Jamie T later? Or where to look out for them? The entrance to the festival is about 50m from my front door and I'm not doing anything tonight! 

https://twitter.com/search?q=jamie t finsbury&src=typed_query&f=live

be careful for scammers, use paypal goods and services or meet in person

enjoy!

11 minutes ago, simmonel said:

For those at Jamie T last night was it one in and one out for the front section (or did they do wristbands like Hyde park)? Also what was it like getting onto the Tube afterwards is it worth walking miles to another station?

First come first served.

Also VIP/Guest wristbands don't give priority for the front section, like many people last night thought they did! 

On 6/30/2023 at 7:21 AM, Dg_vic said:

Last year for Sam Fender and George Ezra, pit / golden circle was 1 in 1 out. Earlier in the day this is open and accessible but from end of last support act (e.g. today = idles) it was limited re-access and you just had to wait until capacity was available to re-enter. There are no toilets or bars in the pit / golden circle area, so you have to leave the area for either and chance your arm getting back in. Difficult one when you have a group of you in the pit and you want to go to the toilet, but that’s what the setup is. 

Reality is if you leave just before or during headliner, you might have to wait for a little while to get back in to the pit if your group are there.  

Front pit was exactly as above again last night. Was only a short wait to get in again during both idles and Jamie T but the venue was 3/4 full max (much more people for Fender last year). As Pulp has sold out, I imagine the wait time to get back in will increase.  

3 hours ago, adequate8 said:

How was Jamie T? Set list only had 13 songs? 

Jamie T was great. Happiest I have seen him at a gig (he has often described playing live as going to war).  I hope this convinces him to release more music and play more often.  

setlist.fm def wrong (more songs and wrong order) but I would be lying if I said I remembered more. He def played St George wharf tower that’s not listed. 

sticks and stones with his old school teacher (and Hugo) was a treat. 

Was a risky move having idles before him as they are one of the best live bands around. Thankfully I think it helped him up his game. 

Edited by Dg_vic

31 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

Jamie T was great. Happiest I have seen him at a gig (he has often described playing live as going to war).  I hope this convinces him to release more music and play more often.  

setlist.fm def wrong (more songs and wrong order) but I would be lying if I said I remembered more. He def played St George wharf tower that’s not listed. 

sticks and stones with his old school teacher (and Hugo) was a treat. 

Was a risky move having idles before him as they are one of the best live bands around. Thankfully I think it helped him up his game. 

Was it busy? Never got the impression it was selling well

Bar situation for Pulp is diabolical at 7pm, never seen queues like it!

Imo Finsbury park isn't the right venue for this size of gig, feels cramped and too many pinch points for this size of crowd. Festival republic can get in the bin as far as I'm concerned...