3. Soft Play

4. Enter Shikari

5. Sum 41

6. The Offspring

7. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

8. Bowling For Soup

9. Creeper

10. Wheatus

There's an Access version of the map on Reddit (can't post from phone sorry) looks like Camping Plus has taken over my camping spot from last year which is a pain (they've moved it into green just above the Doghouse)

Maybe this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but based on the map that's on Reddit, do you have any idea of how long the walk from the closest car park to where Camping Plus is now would be? I haven't been to Download in ages and saw reviews that last year it was a 5-7 min walk from one of the car parks to Camping Plus which influenced my decision partly, but it looks like it will be quite a walk now!

10 minutes ago, bellasmum3 said:

Maybe this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but based on the map that's on Reddit, do you have any idea of how long the walk from the closest car park to where Camping Plus is now would be? I haven't been to Download in ages and saw reviews that last year it was a 5-7 min walk from one of the car parks to Camping Plus which influenced my decision partly, but it looks like it will be quite a walk now!

If the location of it in the draft map is correct if you get into West car park it'll be a lot shorter, likely 15/20 through District X (previously known as the Village), from North/East it'll be at least 25/30, both routes would mostly be on tarmac though so easier to access!

We found it a great location, moments from the Doghouse and top of District X, walk to the arena was about 30 mins but that's likely from most campsites

Also someone has done a Google Maps overlay of the site so you can sorta get a feel for distances, they said they'll update it when the finalised map comes out: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1z81Okse9pSXQCivc6LDuPyXxwimws24&usp=sharing

mapdraft.png

25 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

If the location of it in the draft map is correct if you get into West car park it'll be a lot shorter, likely 15/20 through District X (previously known as the Village), from North/East it'll be at least 25/30, both routes would mostly be on tarmac though so easier to access!

We found it a great location, moments from the Doghouse and top of District X, walk to the arena was about 30 mins but that's likely from most campsites

Also someone has done a Google Maps overlay of the site so you can sorta get a feel for distances, they said they'll update it when the finalised map comes out: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1z81Okse9pSXQCivc6LDuPyXxwimws24&usp=sharing

mapdraft.png

Thank you, that’s really helpful! The last time we went was 2017 and one of the things I remember was a long walk to the arena. Can’t wait now, just waiting for the set times! ☺️

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Bad Omens have pulled out - absolutely gutted 

I’m really bummed out about this too. They were one of the acts I was most looking forward to and it was such a brilliant, forward thinking booking. 

I’m going to assume they will move Busted to that slot. 

Edited by Andre91

56 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really bummed out about this too. They were one of the acts I was most looking forward to and it was such a brilliant, forward thinking booking. 

I’m going to assume they will move Busted to that slot. 

Yeah that’d make sense otherwise that tent will just be rammed, even more so than originally

9 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

Only one band can save this now….

SKINDRED. 

skindreeeeed.jpg.1492dd3c28d3fd333d73765f8b2a2cef.jpg

*shamelessly stolen from Download reddit

Apparently Benji has already said it's not them haha! Can see it being a mid-sized Slam Dunk band for the Avalanche (Funeral for a Friend with the Holding Absence singer is my guess)

4 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

skindreeeeed.jpg.1492dd3c28d3fd333d73765f8b2a2cef.jpg

*shamelessly stolen from Download reddit

Apparently Benji has already said it's not them haha! Can see it being a mid-sized Slam Dunk band for the Avalanche (Funeral for a Friend with the Holding Absence singer is my guess)

FFAF without Matt aren’t big enough to do it. 

48 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Eh it was State Champs last year, All American Rejects?

Sorry, I thought you meant FFAF headlining Second! Yeah they’re big enough to do Avalanche still, even with Lucas. AAR would be WICKED.

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Sorry, I thought you meant FFAF headlining Second! Yeah they’re big enough to do Avalanche still, even with Lucas. AAR would be WICKED.

No worries! Not a chance of second haha! There's a whole selection I guess will just have to wait and see!

9 hours ago, Edduk98 said:

5FDP are filling in. They said "until download, see ya" at their Wembley gig tonight. You're welcome 🙂

They actually said they love Download and next time they play they wanna headline...bit of a statement from them

Just got to wait and see

EDIT: just transcribing a video from the show last night: "so I think like I said last time we were here, next time we're here I wanna headline Download"

Edited by LazyDavid

7 hours ago, baggie92 said:

More of a wish list than predictions:

- Bring me are playing czech republic on friday and austria on sunday. Unlikely but could they fly back for nex gen in full on the saturday?

- twenty one pilots are teasing an extended 25 track version of their new album clancy. Not sure where this has come from but i’ve seen the 16th mentioned as a potential announcement/release date. Could be a surprise drop at download on the sunday.

- Foo Fighters play manchester on thursday and saturday and glasgow on monday. Secret set on sunday feels the most likely.

- Linkin park possible reunion been rumoured. This would be a hell of a way to announce it

1 hour ago, Edduk98 said:

Any idea what stage or day this secret set will be on? Definetly dont want to miss out haha

We won’t know until set times are released but someone got moved from Saturday Second Stage to Friday, so there’s space on the Saturday now. I would guess some time then on that stage.