2024 Festival

Chad888

12 minutes ago, thescientist said:

I would have thought they would have said who’s headlining east and west at this point, unless there isn’t east and west?

You’d have to assume the order that they come in the insta posts etc - ie. Blink, Fred and Liam on MSE and Gerry, Lana and catfish on MSW - pretty much what we already guessed

i think the whole simplifying it to “main stage” is probably a subtle PR thing, probably for Lana given her glasto history, that makes it seem like there’s no difference in size 

Edited by Will b

2 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Would have thought so too. Who knows what Melv was talking about, he has a precedent for talking out his arse to NME so whether anything will materialise of it who knows

New post out saying no headliner clashes as always, vague once again.

They might be waiting to get more acts announced before saying if they scrap MSW, it’d only take away from an otherwise successful launch at the moment.

2 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

New post out saying no headliner clashes as always, vague once again.

They might be waiting to get more acts announced before saying if they scrap MSW, it’d only take away from an otherwise successful launch at the moment.

They could be waiting, would also cause another wave of discussion around a new lineup drop which is always wanted by FR.

14 minutes ago, Brad75 said:

Do we think changes could be putting something on Thursday night for weekend ticket holders like quite a few festivals are doing? Different band at each reading and Leeds? Might back up the prodigy rumor even if they are only playing reading.

Feel like they’re missing a trick not doing this but licensing is an issue

27 minutes ago, Brad75 said:

Do we think changes could be putting something on Thursday night for weekend ticket holders like quite a few festivals are doing? Different band at each reading and Leeds? Might back up the prodigy rumor even if they are only playing reading.

Leeds always has a band play the Thursday but it’s never anyone close to being as big as The Prodigy, in previous years it’s been The Royston Club, Easy Life and James Marriott.. Reading can’t have anyone on due to licensing though

It's not happening but it makes so much more sense to see a single main stage, with the new Catfish accepting a step down to sub, and Gerry taking sub again.

Lana and Fred co-headline.

Fri//

Blink-182 >> Gerry Cinnemon >> Skrillex

Sat//

Fred Again.. + Lana Del Rey >> Prodigy >> Raye

Sun// 

Liam Gallagher >> Catfish & the Bottlemen >> Digga D

9 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

It's not happening but it makes so much more sense to see a single main stage, with the new Catfish accepting a step down to sub, and Gerry taking sub again.

Fri//

Sat//

Sun// 

For once I actually agree with something Chad has said, I dont think its reality but it doesnt look too good to be true. 

26 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Fri//

Sat//

Sun// 

Digga D is on Fred’s day and Skrillex is on Liam’s. 

It’s clearly still 2 main stages, I think they’ll just change some of the other stages in a bid to bring more music 

realistically they can bin off the comedy tent and bring in another largeish tent to house the front half of the dance stage that just wasn’t dance

Realistically, I think the states could change like this: 

MSE & MSW staying as they are. 

The big tent coming back, hosting a wide range of genres like it used to (dance, hip hop, rock and indie). I could see Skrillex and Digga D headlining this if the tent is the size of the old one. And then a rock band for the other night. 

FR staying as it is, hosting a mix of heavier bands and indie bands. 

The 1Xtra and Dance tents combining into one, hosting both types of music.

The comedy tent going completely. 

Introducing stage staying how it is. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Realistically, I think the states could change like this: 

MSE & MSW staying as they are. 

The big tent coming back, hosting a wide range of genres like it used to (dance, hip hop, rock and indie). I could see Skrillex and Digga D headlining this if the tent is the size of the old one. And then a rock band for the other night. 

FR staying as it is, hosting a mix of heavier bands and indie bands. 

The 1Xtra and Dance tents combining into one, hosting both types of music.

The comedy tent going completely. 

Introducing stage staying how it is. 

This would be amazing