Rock for People 2023

Ferda

• 2 months later...

image.thumb.png.819dace70af60862c32cc21d625ca6c1.png

15 names added, mostly small ones: Alice Merton / Banji / Ben Cristovao / Cold Years / Demob Happy / Filharmonie Hradec Králové / girli / Kid Brunswick / RedHook / The Warning / Tigress / UPSAHL / The Reytons / InVisions / Cane Hill

Still few more to come

38 minutes ago, Ferda said:

image.thumb.png.819dace70af60862c32cc21d625ca6c1.png

15 names added, mostly small ones: Alice Merton / Banji / Ben Cristovao / Cold Years / Demob Happy / Filharmonie Hradec Králové / girli / Kid Brunswick / RedHook / The Warning / Tigress / UPSAHL / The Reytons / InVisions / Cane Hill

Still few more to come

Slipknot is fun but overall pretty horrible lineup. Machine Gun Kelly is the worst headliner imaginable in my book... 

On 4/26/2023 at 10:53 AM, matrainertje said:

Slipknot is fun but overall pretty horrible lineup. Machine Gun Kelly is the worst headliner imaginable in my book... 

This is festival with tickets starting 100 EUR for all days, 30+ kinds of crafted beers, 2-3 EUR each for a pint.

For these prices its excellent lineup imho, although last year had better undercards

image.png.5fe0ee22b1950a40bd66b325d933fb7b.png

Edited by lukatej

They have a sick line-up this year! Both SlipKnot and Muse should be expensive headliners. MGK has a huge hype right now so makes a great headliner too: they got Biffy Clyro or Royal Blood in 2022, which are not bigger than him right now (except in the UK). For the undercards, maybe a bit better last year but not a huge difference. The hotels are too expensive nearby, that's the only reason I don't take a plane to enjoy this festival!

• Upvote 1

Headliner wise its great, these are very big names, they mentioned that Slipknot is far more expensive than Green Day last year. 1975 is also very big name but it is not appreciated that much here as in UK.

Yeah, local hotels are sold out quite in advance, but camping is still available 🙂

Can assume that Slipknot and Muse duo are more expensive than all last year’s headliners combined. Lineup-wise festival became much bigger than it was in 2019. 
Campsite was comfortable and quiet, I also would rather prefer to sleep in a hotel or airbnb if there’re any last minute offers for a good price, but won’t mind to camp if there aren’t. 

6 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Can assume that Slipknot and Muse duo are more expensive than all last year’s headliners combined. Lineup-wise festival became much bigger than it was in 2019. 
Campsite was comfortable and quiet, I also would rather prefer to sleep in a hotel or airbnb if there’re any last minute offers for a good price, but won’t mind to camp if there aren’t. 

Originally the festival supposed to be three days only, but they had opportunity to get Muse, so they extended the festival with one more day, I can imagine that they had lot more money for some undercards but they chose to get Muse instead.

Im totally ok with that 🙂

• Upvote 2

Undercards are a mixed bag for me. Subs are imho stronger name-wise this year, however the medium/small bands are weaker, presumably due to lack of bands touring?

Anyway, I am sure it's going to be fun this year. Plenty of interesting names to check - Lorna, Sleep Token, 

@Archiif you are still interested in coming, feel free to dm me. I have an extra room booked in the city as some of my friends are not able to make it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This year was my third time at RFP, among all festivals from Europe one of the best in terms of organization, bigger major festivals like Mad Cool have something to learn here  🙂 

Unfortunately there is some lack of diversity, so many nostalgia acts, bands that was actual like 15 years ago. But im feel like the majority of audience also stuck in 2010s music, so maybe it's not festivals problem, I feel like RFP crew want to change something, but audience is not 🙂 The 1975 has so small crowd when headlining, there was much more people on some bands at 15:00

On 6/21/2023 at 9:26 PM, qz3 said:

This year was my third time at RFP, among all festivals from Europe one of the best in terms of organization, bigger major festivals like Mad Cool have something to learn here  🙂 

Unfortunately there is some lack of diversity, so many nostalgia acts, bands that was actual like 15 years ago. But im feel like the majority of audience also stuck in 2010s music, so maybe it's not festivals problem, I feel like RFP crew want to change something, but audience is not 🙂 The 1975 has so small crowd when headlining, there was much more people on some bands at 15:00

That's why all these nostalgia festivals in Vegas like When We Were Young are selling out quickly. The festival tries every year to change it, but the audience is stuck between 2000-2010. 

At least they have a lot of small international club level acts instead of having more of bigger local acts.

• 4 weeks later...