Rock for People 2023

Ferda

21 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Muse / Slipknot / The 1975 / MGK is a great set of headliners.

You have 5 genres there; alt rock, alt metal, indie, and pop-punk cross with alt hip-hop.

I think the diehard metal/core fans need to widen their horizons a bit, or better yet, see someone else whilst the band they don’t like is on!

There’s rarely playing something decent when the headliner is on. This year, only Royal Blood had some kind of competition (Wargasm played during their set). There were only small Czech bands as an alternative for the rest of the headliners.

Edited by Newjem

9 hours ago, lukatej said:

So Machine Gun Kelly was announced as he "owed them" from previous cancelled year. Kind of obvious.

Funny (weird) thing is that he wasnt announced even as a sub (Simple Plan were emphasized as subs)

Really curious about headliner names, could be Florence or The Strokes as they have been trying to get them for years.

Also I strongly believe that Black Keys will be another name as they tried to get them before and now they are around (and not so expensive)

Strokes aren't about early summer - the voidz are playing Primavera which is like a week after this

8 minutes ago, Newjem said:

There’s rarely playing something decent when the headliner is on. This year, only Royal Blood had some kind of competition (Wargasm played during their set). There were only small Czech bands as an alternative for the rest of the headliners.

Ah right, that’s a shame. Pretty much all festivals I’ve been too there has been alternatives often form a different genre.

49 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Ah right, that’s a shame. Pretty much all festivals I’ve been too there has been alternatives often form a different genre.

There will be an alternative, just on a smaller stage/tent. This was always the case, RB last year was an exception due to late cancellations. It's a similar setup to R&L in terms of stage clashes, just with 1 main stage;-)

Edited by Ferda

Really good line-up so far! One of the best for me so far. Not a big fan of The 1975, but the combo SlipKnot + MGK + Muse is really good. With the ArchitectsBilly TalentHollywood UndeadSimple Plan, I Prevail, etc. 

Someone from the forum has been there yet? Any infos/tips about accomodation? 

2 minutes ago, Archi said:

Every year 🙂

There are multiple options of camping although the good ones are sold out already.

https://rockforpeople.cz/en/vstupenky/?fbclid=IwAR3NNhLauvD1UvZ38-qwXczeR9a3lmr7y5KyG5ll3YTBqamldqZUi-AywxI

Accomodation in the city is possible but it is also very limited, you can check out at Booking/AirBNB: Hradec Kralove

14 minutes ago, Archi said:

Really good line-up so far! One of the best for me so far. Not a big fan of The 1975, but the combo SlipKnot + MGK + Muse is really good. With the ArchitectsBilly TalentHollywood UndeadSimple Plan, I Prevail, etc. 

I’ve been 11x times! Regarding accomodation, I believe all hotels are already fully booked…

Edited by Newjem

4 hours ago, Archi said:

Thanks for the infos. I'll def. give it a look!

They have increased the Glamping capacity and offering for 2023, still readily available. It's pretty great price/value option imho, stayed there past 3 editions and loved it. 

Honestly, I have expected worse based on the comments at the riddle post 😉

I guess it's more down to the beef between MGK and Slipknot, which knot fans took personally 😉 Rest is just normal whining when announcements are not to someone's taste 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Why is everybody requesting this band though? I see only this request in the comments. Are they good?

Yeah, it's weird but they seem to have some sort of cult following. Plus it's easy to make something look much bigger on the social than it really is 😉

It reminds me Sleep Token situation as the fans created a FB page to get the play the festival. They're booked for 23 edition 😉

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That's such a shit day for Papa Roach to be on. Like where is the crossover.

a) Only 8 bands announced for that day so far. There's like 30-40 bands per day, so many more to come.

b) People who like Papa roach should also enjoy While She Sleeps, Landmvrks or Paledusk. If not, there's so much stuff to do apart from music.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Newjem said:

a) Only 8 bands announced for that day so far. There's like 30-40 bands per day, so many more to come.

b) People who like Papa roach should also enjoy While She Sleeps, Landmvrks or Paledusk. If not, there's so much stuff to do apart from music.

Nope, one is a rock band and one is a metalcore band. Totally different genres.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Nope, one is a rock band and one is a metalcore band. Totally different genres.

The bands that would fit are playing different days, what else is touring that could fit? The HU, Escape The Fate, The Warning, Asking Alexandria, Halestorm? 

But still better than Nova Rock...

image.thumb.png.f77bd3fe9241e6413876ec8eb4850a3a.png

• 1 month later...