Rock for People 2023

Ferda

The festival will take place on June 8-10 in Park 360, Hradec Kralove.

They are teasing something on social media, perhaps the first announcement for Wednesday? I am quite curious to see who will play as a follow-up to Hella Mega lineup last year, my guess is MCR / Paramore / Prodigy for headliners, Billy Talent / Architects / Yungblud for subs. I think PATD or Blink would be a perfect fit but not sure if they tour next summer.

• Like 1

They should book Sleep Token, so their fans will stop spamming RFP Facebook 😁

Looking at Slam Dunk line-up, I think that they could announce - The Offspring, Billy Talent, Yellowcard and Hawthorne Heights.

Muse are touring next year, but I guess it's not logisticaly possible. Blink-182, The Prodigy and Paramore comeback could be cool.

• Upvote 1

My guess is Paramore for the announcement on Wednesday.

I feel like Blink-182 have to be locked in if the tour rumours are true. The third headliner could be The 1975.

Billy Talent, Yellowcard, Two Door Cinema Club, The Pretty Reckless and Electric Callboy all taking prominent spots on the poster. Hopefully, they'll book some decent 'live' electronic act (would love Fred Again but probably not the kind of act for RfP audience).

My personal wishes are Poppy, Fever 333 and Turnstile.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sugar Cane said:

Do you think that the missing headliners will be big as Muse or Slipknot? 🤔

Will there be a headliner as big as Muse? No. They're basically stadium band now. But I still expect at least one bigger name - Blink-182/Paramore/The 1975 or something along those lines. The last headliner could be electronic live band like The Prodigy or Pendulum who were well-received at RfP before and have quite a lot of fans in the country.

In the end, I don't expect them go cheap for the last two headliners. They've could easily let Billy Talent headline (or co-headline) and nobody would be pissed about it which means they have something better for us.

Maybe Parkway Drive? They play at NovaRock on June 8th so they could headline on the 10th per example. If the festival does SlipKnot - Paramore - Parkway Drive - Muse, with other great acts like they've already announced, I could be really interested in doing it in 2023...

I don't think that Parkway Drive would headline here, but The 1975 would make sense... I feel that blink-182 and Paramore could be at Reading festival, so they wouldn't tour in June. The Prodigy or Pendulum could be a good move... also they could get Placebo or QOTSA.

I would love to see Tenacious D again!

Nope. So far headliners are Slipknot, Bildershit and Die Arzte.

From O3 radio:

Fehlt also nur noch der Headliner für Donnerstag, der, um einen ausgewogenen Mix zu wahren, eher wieder von der härteren Sorte sein dürfte.

or google translate:

All that's missing is the headliner for Thursday, which, in order to maintain a balanced mix, should be of the heavier kind again.

And this is also confirmed by Nova Rock, somewhere on Facebook in comments

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Nope. So far headliners are Slipknot, Bildershit and Die Arzte.

Strange that they haven't put some "Headliner TBA" announcement on the poster (did that in 2022 just to announce Volbeat ten days after).
Last time Tenacious D played austrian festival was in 2013 (they headlined among SOAD and Die Toten Hosen), and PWD are huge in german speaking countries, so if there's another headliner than that day is massive by Nova Rock standards, let's wait and see.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Any idea who might be the last headliner? I guess Prodigy/PWD would fit but not sure anymore after The 1975 announcement 

Queens of the Stone Age/The Prodigy/Machine Gun Kelly is my guess.

Parkway Drive are unlikely, they're already playing 3 festivals that weekend.