Why Was My Account Banned?

Odessa 2

Hi. Just tried to log into my usual account and for some reason I’ve been banned. I hadn’t even posted anything. I’ve been a regular user of this site since 2015 and also donated money to it, so I’d like to know why I’ve seemingly been banned for no reason. And @Neil/@eFestivals can you transfer my gold membership from Odessa to this account.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Odessa 2 said:

Hi. Just tried to log into my usual account and for some reason I’ve been banned. I hadn’t even posted anything. I’ve been a regular user of this site since 2015 and also donated money to it, so I’d like to know why I’ve seemingly been banned for no reason. And @Neil/@eFestivals can you transfer my gold membership from Odessa to this account.

Thank you.

people get banned for all kinds of reason, most usually for spamming. the account ' Odessa' isn't banned, its probably accessing these forums via a banned ip address.

that account doesn't have gold membership either, so can't be transferred.

Edited by Neil

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

people get banned for all kinds of reason, most usually for spamming. the account ' Odessa' isn't banned, its probably accessing these forums via a banned ip address.

that account doesn't have gold membership either, so can't be transferred.

Cheers for reply Neil.

I’ll try my other account again later. Must’ve not renewed my GOLD membership either. I’ll sort that once I’m back on the account 👍

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

@Neil No idea who this other account is but it isn't me. Something very silly going on. 

(Thanks to NoTurkeyJeremy for alerting me about the imposter on here.)

It'll be the same muppet who creates alt ozanne and alt crazyfool accounts , some very strange people about 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

@Neil No idea who this other account is but it isn't me. Something very silly going on

if its not yu, how have you got access to the account? does it have your email attached, so you could reset the password.

11 hours ago, gazzared said:

It'll be the same muppet who creates alt ozanne and alt crazyfool accounts , some very strange people about 🤷‍♂️

theres some sad fuckers about. who  get their fun fucking over other people.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

While this has popped up I appear to be banned on 4g on my phone but not on any wifi - presume I have been caught in a blanket ban on a certain IP which is fine, pretty sure I haven't done anything to deserve it... I hope...

Just turned off the WiFi on my phone and I am banned on 4g as well.

8 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

While this has popped up I appear to be banned on 4g on my phone but not on any wifi - presume I have been caught in a blanket ban on a certain IP which is fine, pretty sure I haven't done anything to deserve it... I hope...

I had this yesterday too, tried to access via my phone with 4g the same way I have always accessed the site and the screen just said I have been banned so I couldn't access. Today it's fine to access via both phone (4ga and wifi) and on my work pc. Very strange.