2023 Wishlist

Nick07

29 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

So does anyone want to hazard some final stage headliner/big subs guesses before we get maybe an announcement and more likely some from other festivals around the dates this coming week?

Yep! I’m going for The 1975, Beyoncé & Adele (with Wilco on Thursday)

15 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

What I will add and should have done before my last post is I'm just looking at Angel's dates and she's in Europe in early July (Mad Cool and NOS Alive), and American acts don't usually come back as soon as September or hang around Europe for that long.

Not that it means anything, but she would have done pretty much that if her 2020 dates had gone ahead as scheduled.

17 minutes ago, incident said:

Not that it means anything, but she would have done pretty much that if her 2020 dates had gone ahead as scheduled.

Ah, that's interesting. It doesn't look like Lowlands or Todays have announced or are teasing anything yet which might have been the key. Obviously Pixies kept moving all their European festival dates forward but Angel having skipped 2022 while doing a full European/UK tour last late September/October might have changed things.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

What I will add and should have done before my last post is I'm just looking at Angel's dates and she's in Europe in early July (Mad Cool and NOS Alive), and American acts don't usually come back as soon as September or hang around Europe for that long.

AO is also playing APE.

Wasn't there someone the other year I insisted wouldn't be playing right until they were announced? Bah.

3 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Wilco / Big Thief / Angel Olsen / Young Fathers

Unless Boygenius really are coming over I now think this might be about right, though I can't see Young Fathers headlining anything but Thursday. YYYs are also at APE but like Amyl I think they're heading for the Usk Valley.

So what are our thoughts re subs and Garden/Big Top headliners? Ezra, surely? We should probably assume that last.fm Gwenno addition is based on something.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

She was also meant to headline back in 2020.

Yeah of course. A while since then though so no certainty that the festival and also act themselves would honour that booking/agreement but I'm sure theyd like to where possible. 

Same reason I think Big Thief will be back but as a full headliner rather than Thursday headliner. 

6 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Wasn't there someone the other year I insisted wouldn't be playing right until they were announced? Bah.

Unless Boygenius really are coming over I now think this might be about right, though I can't see Young Fathers headlining anything but Thursday. YYYs are also at APE but like Amyl I think they're heading for the Usk Valley.

So what are our thoughts re subs and Garden/Big Top headliners? Ezra, surely? We should probably assume that last.fm Gwenno addition is based on something.

I think YYYs will be a Green Man headliner. 

Garden and Big Top headliners are too hard to predict but I think Ezra will be one of them yeah. I'd absolutely love a Garden stage Death Grips headline set but reckon it's very unlikely. 

Edit: I think there's a chance Shame headline the Garden too

Edited by Guy Incognito

12 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I think YYYs will be a Green Man headliner. 

Garden and Big Top headliners are too hard to predict but I think Ezra will be one of them yeah. I'd absolutely love a Garden stage Death Grips headline set but reckon it's very unlikely. 

Edit: I think there's a chance Shame headline the Garden too

Shame would be a tiny garden stage headliner. As good as they are live 

24 minutes ago, blurman said:

I know for a fact first aid kit are coming over in August.  So might be greenman here 

Ill elaborate first aid kit had to cancel Liverpool gig. Guy bumped into them in Liverpool.  They gonna play the Liverpool when they come over in August for a festival , so probably headlining greenman but end of road possible.  Personally I'd like to see Angel Olsen and Waxahatchee.  This will be my first end of road festival and doing it solo .

Edited by blurman
Missed a letter
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, domjon said:

Has Rozi Plain played before? Would seem a decent fit, new album is nice.

I saw her play for 30 minutes in a local record store last week, just her on guitar and a friend playing some kind of banjo/lute like thing. Very chilled out, mesmeric sounds. Would be great in an intimate setting like the Talking Heads stage.

Edited by paulwa