Just now, Gnomicide said:

Previous dates the sale was announced (in its current format):

2020 17/9 Tues
2019 17/9 Mon
2017 12/9 Mon
2016 18/9 Fri
2015 15/9 Mon
2014 16/9 Mon

those years didn't have a death bank holiday.

8 minutes ago, gazzared said:

bloody hell, did they? thats mad.  I never watched any tv yesterday apart from House of dragons via my alternate method

yeah, on quest and yesterday. and channel 4 i think.

In light of the 10 days of mourning etc, is there any likelihood they'd push the actual ticket day back a week? To still give people a chance of getting organised?

If they release all the info for T-day a week late, maybe the actual sale is gonna be a week later too?

Surely, it doesn't have to be on the first weekend of Oct. Unless it affects GF or SeeTix in a way I don't understand.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

In light of the 10 days of mourning etc, is there any likelihood they'd push the actual ticket day back a week? To still give people a chance of getting organised?

getting organised?

In what way, why has the mourning made everyone disorganised?

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If they release all the info for T-day a week late, maybe the actual sale is gonna be a week later too?

Surely, it doesn't have to be on the first weekend of Oct. Unless it affects GF or SeeTix in a way I don't understand.

good point....this thursday it'll be only 2 weeks to coach sale which doesnt leave alot of time

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

They’ll have it planned and booked in the diary … see tickets will have all the people put in place to deal with the sale … other sales might also take place on other dates shifting it about might be a logistical chalenge 

Just now, Skip997 said:

getting organised?

In what way, why has the mourning made everyone disorganised?

More in the sense, if GF have delayed their decision to release details on coach packages etc, they would want to give people the normal amount of time before the actual ticket day. If it's normally 3 weeks between ticket day announcement and ticket day, maybe they release details later this week and then count three weeks to Oct 15/16th weekend.

8 minutes ago, gazzared said:

good point....this thursday it'll be only 2 weeks to coach sale which doesnt leave alot of time

Yeah, two weeks for the average person who isn't so aware of the pattern of ticket day... Glasto might just like having a three week break between the announcement and the actual sale.

No idea how many extra staff SeeT need to have in on the Thurs/Sun for coach and main sale tickets though. I wouldn't have thought it'd be that many. It's all done on servers, isn't it!?*

*this coming from a total non-tech buff.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales