Silent disco?

Mr. Snrub

Think there had been a change in bookers for the silver hayes area possibly 2 festivals back 

my mate used to do one of the 3 x silent disco channels on a Thursday each year but think last festival before last they stopped getting offered it due to a booking change 

don’t think they replaced him , just think they went in a different direction from silent disco 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Ridiculous things, should be banned.

They kind of started didnt they as a funny thing then became a way of gettin over sound restrictions later at night for some festis, but honestly I reckon most peeps would prefer a fuckin loud disco over a silent one any day.

2 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Its so dumb that there was ever one of these things at Glastonbury when they have a license to play music until 5 or 6am anyway. 

I guess its one of those things that certain people think is hilarious and something to report back to their similarly boring friends as a hilarious 'glasto moment'. 

For a so called parody poster you don't half talk a lot of sense.

The great thing about the silent discos though were they could play them in areas that weren't necessarily normally equipped to play loud music all through the night, next to heavy camping areas away from the SE Corner.

The best thing was that you had a few channels to click through and could switch up the music depending on the direction of the DJs. Certainly better music than some of the traditional "loud" venues. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

On 8/21/2022 at 7:57 PM, Skip997 said:

Ridiculous things, should be banned.

Why? You just have an empty space where they are unable to play loud music due to licence restrictions. Here you can carry on. Nothing like some 90's Rave blasting in your lugholes with no distraction from folk talking. 

19 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I guess its one of those things that certain people think is hilarious and something to report back to their similarly boring friends as a hilarious 'glasto moment'. 

Exactly.  Like those people that sell balloons at night at the stone circle, instead of having a good time, then boost about it on Forums. Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Exactly.  Like those people that sell balloons at night at the stone circle, instead of having a good time, then boost about it on Forums. Unbelievable. 

As i made quite clear in a previous post, i sell gas around the stone circle in the mornings - please do keep up. The music is well and truly finished by the time i stumble up there.

Nice attempt at a dig though, old buddy 😉

• Downvote 1

Silent Discos mean less people who are bored at night but not interested in dance music roaming about the SE corner. Less people in the SE corner is something that everyone can get onboard with i think.

• Upvote 1

Each to their own and all that. No problem with them. For me though, a festival is a live music event and wearing a pair of headphones listening to potentially different music to everyone else around you in otherwise external silence doesnt feel very collectively engaging and live; special...

It feels like what a festival in 'Meta' might feel like one day.

Edited by Pinhead