Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

2 minutes ago, activean said:

I think she had 60 minutes sets at festivals last year, so it might be 60 min at the end. 

Was that non headline sets? You would be a bit pissed if you purchased a day ticket for a headliner who did 60mins. 

Edited by thetime

Here's some new artists from today's press conference: JFDR, Charlie Cunningham (Music Box), Amber Run, NOËP, The Mary Wallopers (Europe Stage), Alyona Alyona, 47TER, Balming Tiger, Alice Longyu Gao (dropYard), Band Son Rompe Pera, Kobo Town, The Langan Band, Koza Mostra, BCUC (Global Village) and many Hungarian artists. I recommend The Devil's Trade, Bohemian Betyars, Mordái, Jazzbois and Manaky. Europe Stage and Global Village will switch places, also Europe stage will be bigger and they add more capacity to dropYard as well. And again, sorry for my English. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

Here's some new artists from today's press conference: JFDR, Charlie Cunningham (Music Box), Amber Run, NOËP, The Mary Wallopers (Europe Stage), Alyona Alyona, 47TER, Balming Tiger, Alice Longyu Gao (dropYard), Band Son Rompe Pera, Kobo Town, The Langan Band, Koza Mostra, BCUC (Global Village) and many Hungarian artists. I recommend The Devil's Trade, Bohemian Betyars, Mordái, Jazzbois and Manaky. Europe Stage and Global Village will switch places, also Europe stage will be bigger and they add more capacity to dropYard as well. And again, sorry for my English. 🙂

Perfect English buddy. Only act I know there is Amber Run. Be interesting what stage they play.

Thanks for the update, will take a listen to others you've listed.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

Thanks!

Amber run are so good live! Great lineup addition 

Plus JFDR sounds really good as well, gonna listen to all the others

45 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

Hyped for Alice Longyu Gao

Is there a list somewhere with all of the new acts announced today?

11 minutes ago, sandorbeni said:

Hyped for Alice Longyu Gao

Is there a list somewhere with all of the new acts announced today?

They sent us a press release with the names, but at the press conference they mentioned even more. I think all of them will be announced in the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Perfect English buddy. Only act I know there is Amber Run. Be interesting what stage they play.

Europe Stage

Just to make it more clear:

Music Box -> JFDR, Charlie Cunningham

Europe Stage -> Amber Run, NOËP, The Mary Wallopers

dropYard -> Alyona Alyona, 47TER, Balming Tiger, Alice Longyu Gao

Global Village -> Band Son Rompe Pera, Kobo Town, The Langan Band, Koza Mostra, BCUC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some more Press conference stuff for you

- There must be a type of food everywhere that is available for 2500 huf

- The mission regarding the food is not to be more expensive than the city centre

- the ground will receive an anti dust treatement that will... idk get water out of huminity and places it on the grass. I don't quite understand how.

- they will be able to use danube water for the grass during the festival (i think they didn't do that last year that's why they didn't water too much during the event)

- less trucks cars etc used in order to protect grass

- better sound and lighting systems

- more fancy stuff, usual flags could return on the bridge if council approves

- better looking festival in general

- vegan option in most places

- tougher criterias to sell food at sziget

- three new "big" areas to fill your cups with cold drinking water

!!! Lineup info: if I get this right Hungarians get 3 main stage slots (Carson Coma, Halott Pénz, Dzsúdló). 50 Hungarian artists are coming soon in total.

Lot of artists from Ukraine.

Sry if I wasn't clear I'm writing this on the tube lol

Edited by kristofm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Some more Press conference stuff for you

- There must be a type of food everywhere that is available for 2500 huf

- The mission regarding the food is not to be more expensive than the city centre

- the ground will receive an anti dust treatement that will... idk get water out of huminity and places it on the grass. I don't quite understand how.

- they will be able to use danube water for the grass during the festival (i think they didn't do that last year that's why they didn't water too much during the event)

- less trucks cars etc used in order to protect grass

- better sound and lighting systems

- more fancy stuff, usual flags could return on the bridge if council approves

- better looking festival in general

- vegan option in most places

- tougher criterias to sell food at sziget

- three new "big" areas to fill your cups with cold drinking water

!!! Lineup info: if I get this right Hungarians get 3 main stage slots (Carson Coma, Halott Pénz, Dzsúdló). 50 Hungarian artists are coming soon in total.

Lot of artists from Ukraine.

Sry if I wasn't clear I'm writing this on the tube lol

Can you guys link the event? I can’t find it. (It can be in Hungarian). 

These main stage names are a bit disappointments but understandable. Really hoped for Krubi or Azahriah. I really can’t stand neither Dzsudlo or Halott Penz… I also feel like the later one is also losing traction, while Azahriah just filled the Budapest Arena. 
 Maybe that’s why he is unwilling to take a low spot on main…

25 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Can you guys link the event? I can’t find it. (It can be in Hungarian). 

These main stage names are a bit disappointments but understandable. Really hoped for Krubi or Azahriah. I really can’t stand neither Dzsudlo or Halott Penz… I also feel like the later one is also losing traction, while Azahriah just filled the Budapest Arena. 
 Maybe that’s why he is unwilling to take a low spot on main…

Krúbi will play in FreeDome. Here can you read the full press release: https://port.hu/cikk/zene/sziget-ujra-a-regi-fenyeben/article-93154

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

Krúbi will play in FreeDome. Here can you read the full press release: https://port.hu/cikk/zene/sziget-ujra-a-regi-fenyeben/article-93154

That’s awesome!! Thanks! I’m guessing that he will play on the last day because he is certainly bigger than the other two mentioned in the article and that’s the only day available with a bigger slot.

2 minutes ago, kkpb8038 said:

The 2500ft meals is a good shout.  5.85 in U.K. money for a meal is McDonald’s prices

Knowing that the vendors are Hungarians (masters of loopholes) I wonder what that will mean in practice. Because based on this they could just have chips or a hotdog for 2500 and that’s… well still pretty expensive. (For Hungary especially). 

We all know to avoid the stalls where they weigh the food.  (2500ft for 200g or something).   But 2500 for a burger and chips would be good.  Or a pad Thai or something.  Even a langos would be ok (an expensive langos but I saw them selling them for 4000 last year which is nuts.  Food prices were horrible last year.

1 hour ago, kkpb8038 said:

The 2500ft meals is a good shout.  5.85 in U.K. money for a meal is McDonald’s prices

Yeah I think the only question is what kind of meal. Like, it's not a great deal if you only get chips+gravy. Although at 3am it won't matter much lol

Edit: today's news also mean that the guessing game is probably over with the empty slots being filled with Hungarian names 

Edited by kristofm

15 hours ago, Newjem said:

Europe Stage

Just to make it more clear:

Music Box -> JFDR, Charlie Cunningham

Europe Stage -> Amber Run, NOËP, The Mary Wallopers

dropYard -> Alyona Alyona, 47TER, Balming Tiger, Alice Longyu Gao

Global Village -> Band Son Rompe Pera, Kobo Town, The Langan Band, Koza Mostra, BCUC

Having Amber Run on Europe Stage will be great. Hope they don't clash with someone I want to see on Freedome or main stage.

10 hours ago, kristofm said:

Yeah I think the only question is what kind of meal. Like, it's not a great deal if you only get chips+gravy. Although at 3am it won't matter much lol

Edit: today's news also mean that the guessing game is probably over with the empty slots being filled with Hungarian names 

There are three opening slot gaps on main stage on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. Suspect you're right that they'll go to Hungarian acts.

However, the second act slot on Friday (the 'Wet Leg' slot as it will now be known) is also available. This is between Easy Life and Yungblud. I'm still hoping we get a recognisable act in this slot, someone like, say.....Wet Leg!

Edited by swelsbyuk

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

I wonder when that announcement is coming that they teased. They said it’s coming this week but they are leaving it for friday? Or they just mean this low key press conference and no social comm?? Seems weird.

They announced they're gonna drop new name starting from tomorrow for dropyard, Europe stage etc

🥳

• Upvote 1