Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

I'm still surprised that you don't consider Lorde or Macklemore big enough to headline Sziget, and they need a strong subliner. 

Macklemore has 25 millions listeners, he headlined a lot of important music festivals, and Lorde has 18M. They are both popular, they can deliver a nice headliner show. They are more headliners to me than Florence + The Machine or Kings of Leon (and more fun)

Edited by davidoffescassi

10 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

I'm still surprised that you don't consider Lorde or Macklemore big enough to headline Sziget, and they need a strong subliner. 

Macklemore has 25 millions listeners, he headlined a lot of important music festivals, and Lorde has 18M. They are both popular, they can deliver a nice headliner show. They are more headliners to me than Florence + The Machine or Kings of Leon (and more fun)

(Don't make me come back with Ava Max 31M/month versus Lorde 18M/month lol...and still, I can't imagine one of them headlining Sziget yet.)

And about Macklemore , let's say he's a stronh sub-head.. or co-head ^^

32 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Well, the lyrics are pretty negative. AND these are 90s models. The lyrics goes: "She's a '90s supermodel"

Google search on this photo does suggest "top models années 90", so this is an interesting clue. And the whole music video revolves around the red purse.

30 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Streaming represents only part of the audience, mostly the younger audience. You can't draw conclusions based on that. KOL had sold 20mio albums, twice more than Mac, Lorde and Ava combined but that also doesn't mean they will do better in terms of selling tickets.  

2 hours ago, Akujin said:

And Chat GPT-s answer: Based on the clue "0619," the popular music band that it refers to is most likely the Korean boy band BTS, also known as the Bangtan Boys. The numbers "0619" represent June 19th, which is the date of member Jungkook's birthday. BTS is one of the most popular and successful music groups in the world, known for their catchy pop music, intricate choreography, and socially conscious lyrics.

Jungkook's birthday is 1st of September, and please don't ask me why do I know that.

25 minutes ago, poelim said:

I would say the same. Don’t see how the red cross could stand for anything else

That might be my fault. I said we were taking it too literally as when I looked up I Hate Models it only came up with one song. Just checked Spotify and they've done a few. My bad, it's clearly I Hate Models.

Sorry for the goose chase.

3 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

That might be my fault. I said we were taking it too literally as when I looked up I Hate Models it only came up with one song. Just checked Spotify and they've done a few. My bad, it's clearly I Hate Models.

Sorry for the goose chase.

I was also hoping it would be something else but yeah i guess its i hate models

"40+ new acts flying to the Island including • headliners • subheadliners • fantastic artists • who will perform at TicketSwap Colosseum, dropYard powered by BOLT, ibis x ALL Europe Stage or Party Arena"

Looks like smaller stages artist included too. Don't know why they keep forgeting Freedome arena, on the webpage under "exciting venues" it is also missing. 

56 minutes ago, activean said:

"40+ new acts flying to the Island including • headliners • subheadliners • fantastic artists • who will perform at TicketSwap Colosseum, dropYard powered by BOLT, ibis x ALL Europe Stage or Party Arena"

Looks like smaller stages artist included too. Don't know why they keep forgeting Freedome arena, on the webpage under "exciting venues" it is also missing. 

It might be an obvious statement, but at least that appears to be confirming that we'll get both main stage headliners announced.

I’m so curious what the names will be tuesday. We’re not really sure what the leaked names will be, i mean we’ve got our ideas but it could still be anything. Really hope it will be less of a let down as the previous names drop. I think the lineup is pretty underwelming for now