Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

3 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Let's hope not. I assume they have lots more summer dates to announce but not sure where else in Europe they could play. Most festivals' headliners seem to have already been announced.

I don't hate M&S, in fact I quite like a few tracks. I just think they'd be a massively underwhelming, tired bit of nothing booking.

I don't hate them either, but I already got them for Mad Cool, which was a bit of a disappointment so something else would be nice for Sziget. Especially that I don't feel that headliners are too strong so far except for Billie. (Especially if Lorde and Mumford would both be true... IDK man, they would have to have some extremely good undercards to make this work)

If they booked Billie Eilish because she was the most requested act from people who filled out the feedback form for Sziget, I wonder what position M&S were? 🤣

The more I think about it, I don't think it will be them. I can't see how any booker would choose them. It's a bit different for Mad Cool as they have soooo many headline slots to fill.

I'm going with Tom Grennan for the lion clue, with a decent-sized rock act still to come. Happy for you to confirm I'm right @Sziget2023_Leaks😉

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 hours ago, Akujin said:

Do you think M&S makes sense? They are in Europe in July then end of July they are in Canada, then end of august they are in the US. Would it make sense for them to come back to europe for a few weeks in august?

Usually when a band plays in europe June/July they go somewhere else in august. Would be logistically a nightmare to travel from Canada all the way back to Europe to go back to the USA… 

It wont be them.

Edited by Qishere
Spell

25 minutes ago, poelim said:

How much i love lana, she headlined sziget 2018 and we got really bored during the show as well as many others who were just walking away.. Considering we also have billie with a bit of a slow show i really hope we get a good rock headliner instead

We saw her at Latitude the same year and the same thing happened. I think she's great but found her incredibly dull live. I've never, in more than 30 years of gig-going, seen somewhere empty as fast when the main act was on. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that, by the end, 50% of the people watching at the start had left.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Filas said:

Is possible performance of Martin Garrix? He is performing in Bratislava just a few days after sziget.. and he is not coming to Balaton Sound this year.. i know, there is already David Guetta.. but Garrix is popular

Sziget never gets 2 DJ headliners. For 1, they focus on different genres and for 2 even if the act is available they would save it for Balaton Sound which is their DJ focused festival. 

2 hours ago, Akujin said:

Sziget never gets 2 DJ headliners. For 1, they focus on different genres and for 2 even if the act is available they would save it for Balaton Sound which is their DJ focused festival. 

2015: Avicci and Martin Garrix as headliners… 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Qishere said:

2016: Chem Bros, Guetta and Hardwell

2017: Chainsmokers, Major Lazer and DV&LM

and were supposed to have Calvin and Major Lazer in 2020.

Edited by Newjem
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Qishere said:

2015 : 7 days, only 6 now. And Leaks told us they are focusing on maybe 2 rock acts, so if only 1, you can be sure that the second will be kind of "mumford" or stuff like that lol..

+, we can suppose that Garrix be here for the 30th anniversary of Sziget in 2024 . His shows are always great, who else than Garrix for such an anniversary.. ^^