Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, Tom Lobo said:

The first announcement of Sziget has to be excellent, if they don't want to lose citizens to other Festivals. 

Agree. Pinkpop going strong. Also not everyone will be back after "Dune experience" this year, i doubt presales were great. 

Can see MGK, The Script, Lumineers, Niall Horan, Editors and Ellie as potencial from Pinkpop lineup. 

27 minutes ago, activean said:

Agree. Pinkpop going strong. Also not everyone will be back after "Dune experience" this year, i doubt presales were great. 

Can see MGK, The Script, Lumineers, Niall Horan, Editors and Ellie as potencial from Pinkpop lineup. 

How opinions differ, I think pinkpop is bang average. Robbie, pink and rhcp headliners. 

With the script, lumineers, horan and Ellie. Even editors have had there time and are not doing it, and I'm a big editors fan. 

27 minutes ago, thetime said:

Least there was holly. 😁

Don't get me started on that debacle! I know Sam Fender pulling out wasn't their fault but to have a 'major' European festival with Holly Humberstone as the sub act on its final day, it was downright embarrassing. She should've never been on that stage to begin with, never mind just before Arctic Monkeys. I'll stop now before I start to rant......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Don't get me started on that debacle! I know Sam Fender pulling out wasn't their fault but to have a 'major' European festival with Holly Humberstone as the sub act on its final day, it was downright embarrassing. She should've never been on that stage to begin with, never mind just before Arctic Monkeys. I'll stop now before I start to rant......

Missed all that going on, avoided the main stages on the last day. Due to the dust and feeling a bit off to say the least. 

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Sziget always do this kind of shit, when i went in 2019 Jain subbed ed sheeran for instance

Apart from lineup speculations, my real hope for 2023 is an improvement of the Colosseum soundsystem. I love Colosseum, but if having an open air stage for techno and house means such a low volume at night, it's better to have an indoor tent like A38 and Arena and give the djs and the crowd a proper sound. This year's lineup was crazy good but there were some moments, like during Ben Klock and Nicolas Lutz, where volume was really embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Definitely not 48, Sziget (almost?) never had announcements during the evening (Hungarian time) in recent years.

I think they meant within the next 48 hours, not exactly 48 hours.

5 hours ago, Sziget2023_Leaks said:

It’s not happening in 48 hours.

Now I get why the french sziget instagram deleted his post about the 24th November lol..

I think that was the plan obviously, considering even the official insta account answered someone and said " November" for the first wave of names. Something changed... maybe Sam Fender got sick..

3 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Now I get why the french sziget instagram deleted his post about the 24th November lol..

I think that was the plan obviously, considering even the official insta account answered someone and said " November" for the first wave of names. Something changed... maybe Sam Fender got sick..

or they have decided to announce on 23th November 🤣

I would wake up and find a surprise... 🤩

Edited by Sariola

4 hours ago, activean said:

But in 24? 😋

At least tell us when if we don't get any lineup leaks. Next week? 

15 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

The date has been shifted a few times because of ongoing negotiations, the original plan was 17th November. 

12 minutes ago, Sariola said:

or they have decided to announce on 23th November 🤣

I would wake up and find a surprise... 🤩

I’m sorry but you won’t.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sziget2023_Leaks said:

The date has been shifted a few times because of ongoing negotiations, the original plan was 17th November. 

I’m sorry but you won’t.

thanks for the update 😉

Now that I think about it, the best release was the 2020 one : a biiig load of names, if my memory's correct there was 5 headliners, and something like 70 names ! that was something... ❤️

2 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

This was posted on instagfam as a first clue for a headliner for Mad Cool Festival in Madrid. It's obvious that they are hinting on The 1975. Mad Cool and Sziget usually share some artists each year, idk how possible is for Sziget them to bring The 1975 back for the next year 🤷🏼‍♂️

Screenshot_20221123_074250.jpg

Matt Healy tweeted afterwards that they weren't expecting much from the gig in 2019 but it turned out to be the favourite one they'd ever done. So, if invited back they'd probably jump at the chance.

However, I'm not sure what their fanbase is like in mainland Europe. In the UK they seem to be a love them or loathe them kind of act.