Volunteering 2023

neil93

11 minutes ago, franks said:

I know a few people have said that we're likely to still get slots (which is honestly what's keeping me going) but as this is the first time I've tried to get a stewarding slot so late in the day I'm curious, does this feel similar to previous years? Have there been this many people still attempting to get a space at this stage?

Purely anecdotal, but it does feel that there's more people looking than there was in previous years.

Though I wouldn't take that as being a disaster - in those previous years when it got really close to the festival sometimes places would go up onto the site and an hour or so before someone claimed them. I would still expect anyone who's "on it" to get sorted in the end - the high amount of people who cancel places last minute (ie after the deadline) genuinely baffles me.

14 minutes ago, incident said:

Purely anecdotal, but it does feel that there's more people looking than there was in previous years.

Though I wouldn't take that as being a disaster - in those previous years when it got really close to the festival sometimes places would go up onto the site and an hour or so before someone claimed them. I would still expect anyone who's "on it" to get sorted in the end - the high amount of people who cancel places last minute (ie after the deadline) genuinely baffles me.

This has definitely made me feel better, thanks. The waiting is hard, especially after all the success of last week, but in it for the long haul! 

Has anyone ever asked shelter for a shift pattern that may allow them to see a particular artist if you’re only asking for one? I.e the Saturday night to see G&R and happy to work any other night. Just wondered if it is something they may consider or if it’s not worth it? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, lazymagnet said:

Has anyone ever asked shelter for a shift pattern that may allow them to see a particular artist if you’re only asking for one? I.e the Saturday night to see G&R and happy to work any other night. Just wondered if it is something they may consider or if it’s not worth it? Thanks!

Also understand they may not be able to do it but wondered if it was worth trying just incase.☺️

On 4/24/2023 at 2:45 PM, Aragorn said:

Am on Team 2 🙂

Cool. There were 3 teams last year, all starting furthest away from Toms field and working back. In response to your previous question, yes you can keep any booze found, and there will be alot of it. People tend to leave some in Toms field marquis. 

6 minutes ago, faymondo said:

One came and went on my Distil ??

IMG_8556.PNG

Interesting. If that's correct, it somewhat throws the on the hour/half hour theory out of the window and also suggests there are very slim pickings in terms of returns 😔

16 minutes ago, naivetyplay said:

Interesting. If that's correct, it somewhat throws the on the hour/half hour theory out of the window and also suggests there are very slim pickings in terms of returns 😔

It will be random ones from now until the festival I assume.

18 minutes ago, faymondo said:

The 00 and 30 ones go so fast the 5 second Distil doesn't pick them up !!

I've been refreshing for those but if this one went up at 12:27 it must have gone equally quickly! Never been so stressed over a place that isn't even for me haha.

7 hours ago, lazymagnet said:

Also understand they may not be able to do it but wondered if it was worth trying just incase.☺️

No - but you can look for a swap. Might be someone else in a similar boat with a different act. 

26 minutes ago, faymondo said:

It will be random ones from now until the festival I assume.

Unless the festival ask Oxfam to provide more stewards to cover more positions. I’m almost certain that happened last year. If that happens places could appear. Say there is one more vehicle gate with two stewards on it. To cover the shift pattern you’d actually need 10 more stewards plus a couple more on response maybe???

keep the faith

• Like 3