Volunteering 2023

neil93

59 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Question for anyone who has signed up to Oxfam. If you are successful in getting through will you just get instantly diverted to a new web page where you pay your deposit? 

Yes if you get past the proceed button its the payment page. 

25 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Yes if you get past the proceed button its the payment page. 

Can you pay with Google pay ? I got through the other week and paid for a friend using debit card but I can't remember. Thanks

I'm also happy to lend a hand, I've been lurking here as a past Glasto volunteer.

not sure what it entails exactly but if someone DMs me their deets with a step by step then I can help from Monday whilst I'm at my laptop working!

edit: I've received somebody's details now but will come back here if it works out and can help someone else.

Edited by svphie

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

The info is in the thread so it's potentially open to anyone that views efestivals......

My advice would be to stop quoting the post, then lurkers won't see it. In general people don't search or read several pages back! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

Just to add there seems to be a hard core of a few people on here all trying and all helping each other with tips etc. If I get through i'll definitely be straight back on here offering to help the others get there to the farm.

100% agree with this, me too!

13 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Just to add there seems to be a hard core of a few people on here all trying and all helping each other with tips etc. If I get through i'll definitely be straight back on here offering to help the others get there to the farm.

Word! 

18 minutes ago, chestwig said:

I'm hoping a big wad becomes available  at 5pm. Just for people on these boards. Just in time for the weekend. That would be lush! 🙂

I'd be up for a bit of that.

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

I suspect it the person manually releasing them was off today. Assuming that’s how it works

So we can expect a big dump of places on Monday? 😉

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

I'd be up for a bit of that.

So we can expect a big dump of places on Monday? 😉

I hope so, I’m still trying for a couple of mates but waiting for you lot to get your places first. I admire the dedication but I can’t replicate it

For anyone worried about the payment part of the process, I was lucky enough to secure a spot the other Tuesday when the availability came back online at 11am, I was refreshing the list and saw the availability and instead of proceeding my muscle memory refreshed again and thankfully the availability was still there (some people have reported them being gone immediately) so I was able to proceed.

I ticked the appropriate check boxes quickly confirming t&cs and knowledge of required arrival date and proceeded to payment in which I (quickly) manually entered my card details, and then had to authorise the payment via my banking app on my phone.

So with that in mind, while Google Pay etc will be very helpful, there must be a stage within the process where the slot is secured for you momentarily, it feels.

Edited by Dankpost

16 minutes ago, Dankpost said:

For anyone worried about the payment part of the process, I was lucky enough to secure a spot the other Tuesday when the availability came back online at 11am, I was refreshing the list and saw the availability and instead of proceeding my muscle memory refreshed again and thankfully the availability was still there (some people have reported them being gone immediately) so I was able to proceed.

I ticked the appropriate check boxes quickly confirming t&cs and knowledge of required arrival date and proceeded to payment in which I (quickly) manually entered my card details, and then had to authorise the payment via my banking app on my phone.

So with that in mind, while Google Pay etc will be very helpful, there must be a stage within the process where the slot is secured for you momentarily, it feels.

Yes I got one this morning and had to copy and paste my mate's details as was getting for him, had them read on a word document on the screen so was easy but still nerve wracking!