Volunteering 2023

neil93

On 12/22/2022 at 2:41 PM, giantkatestacks said:

Deposit paid for charity recycling though ominous rumblings of shift and location changes.

I was wondering when I'd get my recycling crew email as it was around Christmas time last year when it landed. 

Just now, mike46 said:

Sounds like the recycling crew veteran emails are starting to go out… should hopefully mean those of us returning/joining for the first time will be contacted in a few weeks 🤞

Interested to see what the new shift system is!  

It seems to be Charity team, Vets and then the rest ( hopefully me )

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mike46 said:

Sounds like the recycling crew veteran emails are starting to go out… should hopefully mean those of us returning/joining for the first time will be contacted in a few weeks 🤞

Interested to see what the new shift system is!  

Yes mine arrived this evening 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, acidhoose said:

Hi.

has anyone worked the after festival shifts? Are any of the workers bars still open? Maceos tow and hitch ect? 
thanks

I believe they are open from the Thursday before festival week to the Thursday after but they vary. 

4 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

We did Post Shifts I am really interested to know what bars you went into from Post Monday onwards thank you

Sorry, perhaps I’m wrong but people we met working in tow and hitch said they’d been open since Thursday before we arrived on the Monday and were working until Thursday after the festival. Apologies if I’m spreading bollocks 😂

• Upvote 1

I was post festival clear up and also didn't know of any bars open. Even Toms bar was closed as they had ran out of everything. 

However, after those backbreaking shifts, the last thing I wanted to do was party!! Plenty of tins can be found in the campsites if you run out of beer.

I received and submitted my application to work on Friday evening. I can't see a lot of change in the shifts. They've named them after colours, or After festival. And bunched areas together. Also Veterans don't get veterans shifts any more. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I was post festival clear up

I've always wondered what/if sort of treasures you might find if you're on post fest clean up. Any stories to tell? 

I guess you get your pick of tents, shoes,...

Ok drugs, I'm talking about drugs. What drugs do you find. Tell me about the drugs😂

• Like 1