latitude 2023

jj200

On 6/8/2023 at 1:28 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Site holds up really well to rain if there is any.  I remember it being very wet for interpol in 2008, and a spell of torrential rain on the Sunday afternoon in 2011.

I think in 2011 the only thing was that the carpark was muddy and some cars got stuck getting off site on Sunday evening.

As mentioned by other posters though the site desks really well with rain and the greatest enemy is the dust. 

I am starting to think that we might be going to find out exactly how robust the site is in the face of lots of rain. It's currently due to rain every day, right the way from now up to the festival and beyond, having already been raining on and off for several days straight... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, DTichborne said:

I am starting to think that we might be going to find out exactly how robust the site is in the face of lots of rain. It's currently due to rain every day, right the way from now up to the festival and beyond, having already been raining on and off for several days straight... 

Yes, I guess it had to happen at some point, if the weather does what is currently being forecast it will definitely be the wettest latitude ever 😞. Still, it is a week away and could change. 

Honestly I wouldn't even worry about the weather at this stage, most of the time they can't even predict the weather correctly an hour before it happens, also they often label a whole day for rain even if its a light shower for an hour. The site should be okay as its probably only the people on the build there so won't get too muddy 

Just come prepared for all eventualities and it'll be all good 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Raindow Rhythms said:

I have written a preview for next weekend. I think it sounded better in my head but it's done now so am sharing here ...

https://thelatitudeexperience.co.uk/2023/07/10/latitude-2023-preview/

Great write up! I'm getting very excited for it all now and think we're going to be seeing a fair few of the same acts too - I keep seeing so many great reviews of Pulp, they're easily my most anticipated act

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raindow Rhythms said:

I have written a preview for next weekend. I think it sounded better in my head but it's done now so am sharing here ...

https://thelatitudeexperience.co.uk/2023/07/10/latitude-2023-preview/

Yep, good stuff. We have similar tastes!

Given the likely rain, the trek from the car to the camp site and that this is my family's first Latitude, do people recommend taking large bags or wheelie suitcases - what do most people normally take? TIA.

9 hours ago, rivaldo said:

Given the likely rain, the trek from the car to the camp site and that this is my family's first Latitude, do people recommend taking large bags or wheelie suitcases - what do most people normally take? TIA.

Rain is not likely.

I use one of these.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/mp/bison/big-wheel-folding-camping-fishing-or-festival-trolley/_/R-p-c0caad37-4a74-4080-b300-cda864a301a5?mc=c0caad37-4a74-4080-b300-cda864a301a5_c1

It was a good investment.

You can get grander wheelbarrow things. It sounds over the top but come Thursday I will be looking enviously at people that have them.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t recommend wheelie suitcases on that terrain, loose gravel, long grass in some places, uneven surfaces. There are trollies for hire, but they are not cheap (not hired one myself but I seem to remember they were around £25, and I think only for that day).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ianlash said:

I wouldn’t recommend wheelie suitcases on that terrain, loose gravel, long grass in some places, uneven surfaces. There are trollies for hire, but they are not cheap (not hired one myself but I seem to remember they were around £25, and I think only for that day).

I have a trusty 15-year-old hard plastic shell wheelie suitcase with combo lock that has been to umpteen festivals including Latitude and Glastonbury many times without any problem. Also serves as my lockable tent safe to boot as well !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raindow Rhythms said:

Does anyone know when/if Ticketmaster activates the option to transfer your ticket? I bought a ticket for a friend who is arriving at a different time to me.

They already have. Mine has been transferred to me by a friend 

4 hours ago, chrisplowman said:

Map is available on the app.

They are continuing their trend of shrinking regular camping at the expense of campervans even though they never fill the space 🙄

Is the latitude lounge new? Can't really remember that, looks like the place where the lake stage used to be 

4 hours ago, chrisplowman said:

They are continuing their trend of shrinking regular camping at the expense of campervans even though they never fill the space 🙄

It won't load on my android app. I think perhaps I'd rather not know 😡

Looking at the hints for secret sets on the Amp Stage it seems they're going to be 

Friday - Ed Gamble, Dolores Forever 

Saturday - Lightning Seeds, Rachel Chinoriri (can't work out the last one)

Sunday - Picture This, James Acaster, Sophie Ellis Bextor and Mimi Webb

It's cool they're using it for music and comedy this time 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 5:58 PM, chrisplowman said:

The amount of room dedicated to camper-vans since I last went is unbelievable. It must have got even more ‘middle class’ lol